Master Resource: General Public Discussions of men in heels

kneehighs

They look kind of contrived, variations on the same simple basic theme, as though someone had done a computer design and the repeated the same with very slight variations but never straying off the basic pattern. Not very inspired. And very expensive. Any guy who wanted heels and had smaller feet would do far better simply going with what is already on offer on the distaff side of the department store.

On 25/11/2017 at 6:36 AM, kneehighs said:

Amazing find.  Nice to see people financially speculating on heels for men.  I sincerely wish him the best.  The videos were really well done, imho.

Sad but not surprised to see such little market demand for heels for men.  Doesn't look like they will meet their fundraising goal by November 28th.

Yes he targets high ranking men with top of the line products.

But these are the most conformist also.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/11/2017 at 5:36 AM, kneehighs said:

Amazing find.  Nice to see people financially speculating on heels for men.  I sincerely wish him the best.  The videos were really well done, imho.

Sad but not surprised to see such little market demand for heels for men.  Doesn't look like they will meet their fundraising goal by November 28th.

They're just like other male shoes - all the same! Different materials and different names, but otherwise almost identical, just like the rows of men's shoes in any shoe shop. Perhaps that's the idea - lulling your average unimaginative man into believing they're a safe option. I wouldn't buy them, even at a tenth of the price!

You have to admire the company for trying, though, and maybe it will make some little contribution to making heels for men slightly more mainstream.

• Like 1

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

Interesting article. I don't know why shoes have to be gendered at all, whether flats or heels or in between. Lots of shoes are unisex - sneakers, loafers, oxfords, and many boots - so the world should start getting used to the idea that guys can wear heeled pumps or ballet flats, too. We prove on this forum that most guys can look pretty good in heels.

Steve

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Steve63130 said:

Interesting article. I don't know why shoes have to be gendered at all, whether flats or heels or in between. Lots of shoes are unisex - sneakers, loafers, oxfords, and many boots - so the world should start getting used to the idea that guys can wear heeled pumps or ballet flats, too. We prove on this forum that most guys can look pretty good in heels.

Steve

When it comes to heels, it's a VERY old bias that's hard for people to get past. Some do, but most don't. That doesn't bother me.

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 1 month later...

He looks like Jesus in heels. 

As a writer - occasionally of humour - I enjoyed the story immensely.  It reads almost like a send-up of a breathless celebrity puff piece, the writing hilariously (and, I presume, unintentionally) rich in irony - I especially loved this: 

Seeing how the collection was designed by Shayne Oliver—who often designs progressive and genderless collections, especially at his now-defunct label Hood by Air—it’s no surprise he’s beyond Leto’s latest risky look. 

(The reference to the defunct label was amusing enough, but the icing on the cake is the slip up by the copy editors who appear to have allowed autocorrect to substitute 'beyond' for 'behind'. Perfect. Then again, maybe that's how the author wrote it, and what he meant!) 

Edited by Shyheels

Also an author, its just a fluff piece, don't think the copy editors spent any time on it. Also it's nice to see I'm on the cutting edge of fashion. Who would have thought that...LOL

Between Vogue and Vanity Fair this week, the production values of glossy magazines are taking something of a beating. At least Vogue has allowed Jared  the correct number of legs, and therefore, heels...:cheeky:

Edited by Shyheels

Those boots are pretty tame compared to what many of us here wear in public. I didn't feel that the boots were a big enough deal to justify making the video, but if just one more male who views it has the courage to go public in heels, it will have been worth while. He was wordy and could have said what he did in a quarter of the time. And what was the purpose of the profanity interrupts? They were distracting and unnecessary. 

Thanks for posting, KH. Good find.

Steve

• Like 2

Interesting.

And nice to see someone marketing heeled boots for me. A change. 

I see though in their sales blurb they are appealing directly to the 'androgynous-minded' as likely buyers of these boots, which would suggest they themselves do not see heels as being part of broader masculine attire but as part of an overall androgynous look. I would say the inclusion of that phrase in the blurb would turn off many potential buyers  who might be tempted by the look and style but who would shy away from identifying themselves as androgynous or 'androgynous-minded'.  And don't see themselves in a 'naughty' photo shoot. 

Edited by Shyheels

Shyheels, San Francisco has changed....many tech companies are now centered there, filled with androgynous-minded millennials with lots of money to spend.

I might stop by there one day, but walk in wearing some REAL high heels.

Edited by Cali

5 minutes ago, Cali said:

Shyheels, San Francisco has changed....many tech companies are now centered there, filled with androgynous-minded millennials with lots of money to spend.

I might stop by there one day, but walk in wearing some REAL high heels.

I am sure they can find a market in San Francisco. 

It just seems odd - and a bit of a pity - that they should focus their marketing directly on the androgynous that way. It would seem to cut out, gratuitously, a potentially large or larger market. The androgynous minded won't care one way or another if androgyny is mentioned in the blurb, but somebody sitting on the sidelines, contemplating buying a pair of heels but hesitating might care very much, find it a deal-breaker.

Bringing up androgyny seemed a thoughtless and unnecessary inclusion.

• Like 2