Master Resource: General Public Discussions of men in heels

kneehighs

21 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I am not so sure that the modern versions of what you describe as "Neanderthal" are blessed with the larger brain cavity of the true Neanderthals who lived during the last ice age.

Nope - but they seem to need less space for what brain they have allowing the rest to be filled with air. Being your in England, you may not be paying much attention to the goings on here in the colonies. Out in the sticks, the mentality of some of it's residents seem to be moving backwards toward stone age thinking.

Do I need to elaborate much more than this??

1 hour ago, SF said:

Can you elaborate on the left wing progressives as well ????

Don't have many in the area, and what few there are pretty much keep their mouths shut. What few democrats are in office are not progressive. Locals refer to the progressives as nut jobs and snow flakes.

I'm a social liberal and fiscal conservative. Registered Libertarian (only 11 in the county)

Basically - I don't care what you want to do as long as I don't have to pay for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This in depth interview with Laurentin is looong, but interesting:  

http://www.littleslices.net/meet-laurentin-cosmos-the-man-in-high-heels/

"At first, we thought to make the first move on the cross dressers and the transgenders. Then, we thought, because we are making big sizes, and our shoes are handmade in Italy with the best quality where everything is really good, there might be a big gap in the market for women with big feet. Especially here in the Nordics, 13% of women have feet larger than a size 41.”

• Like 2

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

4 hours ago, kneehighs said:

This in depth interview with Laurentin is looong, but interesting:  

http://www.littleslices.net/meet-laurentin-cosmos-the-man-in-high-heels/

"At first, we thought to make the first move on the cross dressers and the transgenders. Then, we thought, because we are making big sizes, and our shoes are handmade in Italy with the best quality where everything is really good, there might be a big gap in the market for women with big feet. Especially here in the Nordics, 13% of women have feet larger than a size 41.”

Yes, an interesting, articulate and literate piece.   But as LC is a marketing man, I have to take much of what he says with a pinch of salt.   And he won't sell much to the wider public at such high prices.

• 5 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Puffer said:

Most interesting and very credible.   The black leather ankle boots in the third pic are exactly what I would wear openly in public if I had just a tad more bravado.

Me too!  I would definitely wear them publicly, but probably tucked under the levis...

I found LC's article right on point in most cases...Did not like his reference to the hh4men website claiming that most of the guys did not wear their heels publicly, he should spend a little more of his time on these sites getting to know his target audience a little better.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, pebblesf said:

I found LC's article right on point in most cases...Did not like his reference to the hh4men website claiming that most of the guys did not wear their heels publicly, he should spend a little more of his time on these sites getting to know his target audience a little better.

Quite right. He was being judgemental. People may have many totally valid reasons for not wearing heels publicly - career beng one big one in many cases. I work from home and so can wear any damn thing I please, or even nothing at all if that is what floated my boat, but not many people have that advantage. There was another thread in the chat section, about a female teacher being taken to task for wearing otk/thigh boots to school. Society sets limits and does its best to enforce them. Sometimes you can thumb your nose, other times discretion is the better part of valour.

• Like 2

As a public high heel wear, the comments he mentions in the piece are true to what I encounter on a daily basis. We need more men to take back high heels for men by wearing them proudly in public.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I definitely agree with all being said here and makes me feel good that men wearing heels is getting more attention. 

I follow his instagram and have one of my own (straightheels) of which I have stared to post my heel pics on. I want to see what reactions and comment I get from the world but also to promote it more. 

I do also get a sense of support and strength when I get supportive and nice comments or DMs. I believe in time and with enough support it may help push me over that hurdle and be open public. 

• Like 1

Well, I don't have a beard, and I don't wear stilettos, but I DO proudly wear gals high heels shoes and sandals in public!!

Nevertheless, nice article.....   Maybe we will meet some day.....   Take care all.....   sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

On 10/10/2017 at 2:25 AM, subtle said:

Just saw this, seems to echo a lot of what is said here :)

This Man Is Making A Case For Beards With Stilettos

A very nice article. I agree with just about everything that gentleman wrote about males wearing high heels, and he does have some damn cool shoes. However, I can live without the beard, after twenty years in the military, I'm used to being clean shaven, besides, a beard makes me look both scruffy, and older than I really am. :P

Edited by JeffB
  • Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I've had a beard twice in my life; 1979-1980 and 1986-1987 before joining the Border Patrol. Haven't had anything of one since then. It is undoubtedly the first place those pesky gray hairs start growing.  I have a  slight moustache otherwise no body hair and I like it that way.  HappyinHeels