Master Resource: General Public Discussions of men in heels

kneehighs

3 hours ago, Gudulitooo said:

CAT, I am curious how many times you posted this same set of pics every here and there ? Or is it evolving ?

You could start a Lookbook ?

Regards.

Hmmmmm, lookbook,,,,, maybe I might have to.   

Yes it is a constant evolving look of outfits.  The issue with the same pics is that different people ask questions in different threads that my pics and experiences can answer or be applied to 

TBG,

One of the great things about women's heels is the great variety. Boots and pumps are just a few of the types of heels out there.  You've got a lot more exploring to do. The good news it so much fun shoe shopping.

2 hours ago, Cali said:

You've got a lot more exploring to do. The good news it so much fun shoe shopping.

I am of an age where I appreciate the frustration in trying to teach an old dog new tricks. :text_sigh:

:wavey:

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Look, I'm in my 60's and I'm still learning new tricks. You are only too old when you're 6 feet under.

I'm going to go out and spend a day looking at pumps. I had dismiss pumps but CAT's photos made me reconsider.  Can you image working in 6+inch open-toe stiletto pumps? That would be so much fun!

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 4:33 AM, CAT said:

Caultron

thank you for the compliment!!   I wish this could be my daily attire!  I would be in heels everyday for work or going out. Now in reality I am in a collared shirt jeans steel toe boots and a Carhart vest every day.  Construction and heels don't mix very well, at least in the field. I am not so much on the physical end any more but running the jobs not doing them.  My after work attire is usually leggings a collared shirt and ankle boots that I will go anywhere any time.  When I go out    is when I get deck out in a skirt and heels.   I have said before,,,, if I could just change my day job, hmmmm 

I don't suppose there are a lot of places where you could work in heels, but I know there are some. The whole transgender-is-OK trend has opened up some opportunity for heel- and skirt-wearing, even if you're not actually transgender. Mostly it's non-customer-facing office jobs, like programmers and engineers, but I'm aware of a vintage-auto car shop manager who works in heels and a skirt, and I've seen photos of it at Home Depot.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, caultron said:

I don't suppose there are a lot of places where you could work in heels, but I know there are some. The whole transgender-is-OK trend has opened up some opportunity for heel- and skirt-wearing, even if you're not actually transgender. Mostly it's non-customer-facing office jobs, like programmers and engineers, but I'm aware of a vintage-auto car shop manager who works in heels and a skirt, and I've seen photos of it at Home Depot.

I agree with you. I own the company and I  am in the field with the trades and he owners as well as in the office.  As much as You all have seen I have no problem being out in plain daylight in a skirt and heels there is a time and place for everything and it's not at work for me.,,,,, I wish it was!!!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CAT said:

I agree with you. I own the company and I  am in the field with the trades and he owners as well as in the office.  As much as You all have seen I have no problem being out in plain daylight in a skirt and heels there is a time and place for everything and it's not at work for me.,,,,, I wish it was!!!!!

Well, I do but I cheat. It's 100% telework.

• Like 1

What life keeps learning me is to just do things I want (within reason obviously). The only person you hurt by not doing things is yourself. Recently an aqaintance died at young age (39) and this made me face the facts of life again. Such things makes you realize you need to follow your dreams before it's too late. My first step, telling my parents about my heels this weekend.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Cl0setheels said:

The only person you hurt by not doing things is yourself.

And if your skillful, that is the only person you hurt by doing things.

Be yourself, everybody else is already taken. - Paula Poundstone

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 2 weeks later...

I get a kick out of men wearing heels for the first time, and they go on about the pain. In the video the one guy wears a 4" or 5" stiletto for the first time, of course they will hurt! They need to work their way up to a higher heel, not just jump in and wear the crazy height right off the start. If the same guys wore a lower heel off and on for days, then gradually went higher the video would different. Most women have been wearing heels from their teens. They didn't just start wearing super tall heels.

I was working around the house Sunday and wore my 4" heel boots all day with no issue. 

I think that is the problem with all of those stories you see/read about guys 'spending the day' in heels. They all wear these outrageous stilettos and prance around - yet nobody who was seriously interested in making such an experiment and learning from the experience would do it that way. For one thing it would/should be several days, at least, preferably a week, and starting with much lower more sensible heels as any woman would have done (probably as a teenager) when she started out. 

I do a lot of cycling and use a very old fashioned style of leather saddle. Were a beginner to try riding my bike he/she would probably find the saddle deeply uncomfortable - certainly on day one. Probably day three as well. But break it in, become used to it, and that brand of saddle is very comfortable indeed. 

18 hours ago, Pumped said:

They need to work their way up to a higher heel

The positive side of this video is that the girls tell this in the video.

18 hours ago, Shyheels said:

They all wear these outrageous stilettos and prance around

Not all. One chose 3" booties and is much less complaining about the pain than the others. (look at 5'10) : "I look good", "I am taller".

That is true - of this one guy, in this one particular video. I was thinking more generally, in terms of the articles etc one sees on occasion where some male journalist or other decides to spend a day in stilettos to 'discover' what it is all about. The story - or video - that follows nearly always follows same contrived narrative arc and plays to every conceivable stereotype.   

1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

That is true - of this one guy, in this one particular video

I suppose this video will have less visibility in the mainstream media. Yet it has a big audience among young peoples "millenials" that have switched to web medias. The same people that are going to drive mainstream ideas in the following years. Perhaps the biggest problem is the actors themselves that are already known there (look at the incredible number of videos they already posted) and fall in the same category as clowns and humorists I would say.

Indeed the last one aired just during the big controversy in the UK about corporates rules telling women to wear heels. Moreover, the guys were professional stylists. Most of all, the purpose was to teach male administrators that wearing heels is a demanding personal choice that every woman should be free to adopt. As the target was older corporate people, it had to be reported in conventional media, outside of the internet.

1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

The story - or video - that follows nearly always follows same contrived narrative arc and plays to every conceivable stereotype.

Very true - up to now. But in this one, the girls are not mocking the guys.

They go to cool places (bars, restaurant), and not to boring places (work !) as in the other ones.

20 hours ago, Cali said:

I went from 1-2 inch heels to 4+ inch heels in 1 minute. It has to do with your balance, If you have a strong sense of balance, then no problem.

My ankles would not flex that far at first. I started with a 3" heel and it about killed me, then I moved up to a 4" heel with no platform and it is the limit I can handle at the moment. I am looking for a comfortable shoe with about a 5" heel for the next step. Once I get "stretched" in a 5" I am certain the 4" heels will be easy like the 3" are now.

2 hours ago, Pumped said:

My ankles would not flex that far at first. I started with a 3" heel and it about killed me, then I moved up to a 4" heel with no platform and it is the limit I can handle at the moment. I am looking for a comfortable shoe with about a 5" heel for the next step. Once I get "stretched" in a 5" I am certain the 4" heels will be easy like the 3" are now.

I've had multiple ankle problems/injuries which required me to strengthen my ankles by doing one leg heels lifts on an incline plane.

Look up the Korean Airline Study on High Heels, lots of good ideas in that study.  Ankle care is paramount to high heel happiness.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Cali said:

Look up the Korean Airline Study on High Heels, lots of good ideas in that study.

I was surprised at the results, but the tips on strengthening your ankles are excellent. 

I have posted about having ankle problems.  I wish I had gotten this advice long ago especially from the medical doctors that knew about my problem. :penitent:

Thanks for the tip.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pumped said:

Find 4.5" heels as the next step, after 4" every half inch is as bad as the previous inches. I can walk ok short distances in 5" right now, am starting to be able to straighten my knee's at 5.5", but the 5.75 and 6" I still have to have my knees bent ;)

• Like 1

(formerly known as "JimC")

1 hour ago, Thighbootguy said:

I was surprised at the results, but the tips on strengthening your ankles are excellent. 

I have posted about having ankle problems.  I wish I had gotten this advice long ago especially from the medical doctors that knew about my problem. :penitent:

Thanks for the tip.

I even had a group of physical therapist watch me walk in heels of different heights.  They wanted to make sure that I was walking correctly in them, that my gait was correct, etc.  They conclude that I limp under 1.5 inches; that my gait was correct and I was doing everything correctly.  As a side note many of the women physical therapist told me that they couldn't walk in shoes with more than a 2 inch heel.

My legs have been through hell (dozen or so operations, I play HARD) so my leg health is very important to me. I stretch my calves and work on my ankles daily. I get Reflexology for my feet too.

Edited by Cali

• 3 weeks later...

Thom Browne SS18.  He will put money to his runway too, as you can see from the below quote.

Thom Browne is normally more sporty and conservative.

10.5 cm heeled oxfords

According to Vogue , "Browne insisted afterwards that every single skirt, heel and culotte in this collection will go on sale. The emphasis on menswear-staple colors and fabrics had been to increase the impact of the garments’ transgressiveness, and simultaneously also made it feel much less like drag. They will be purchasable in zingier colorways, tweeds, and madras checks.

“All of it is being offered,” he said: “I think it looks amazing. It takes somebody with a lot of confidence to wear it, but I just feel like - why can’t this be men’s clothes too?”

No reason, apart from our assumptions."

http://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2018-menswear/thom-browne/slideshow/details#4

http://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2018-menswear/thom-browne/slideshow/details#32

Some Instagram feedback.  

Sarah Colette it the buyer for Colette Paris, the most directional fashion concept store in Paris:

Edited by kneehighs
additional #thombrowne instagram posts

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Out of all these interesting possibilities, I'm liking the one on the right. Visible socks just don't do it for me. 

(never mind - - can't seem to get the specif picture - -2 guys outside)

Edited by Heelster