Master Resource: General Public Discussions of men in heels

kneehighs

9 hours ago, kneehighs said:

Link please.  This comment mistakes the tree for the forest.   A heel difference doesn't mean other parts in the product development cycle weren't shared.  The design teams choice of materials, leather, soles...how buyers sourced these materials...production teams choice of manufacturing methods...manufacturing locations etc.

Go to 'For the guys' - 'Saint Laurent Heels' and look at Rob's post dated 11 August 2015 et seq and you will see his appraisal, and other later comments.

I merely pointed out above, as Rob did, that the two boots were not identical but I didn't suggest that any differences between the men's and women's boots had any adverse effect on product development or costing, etc.   Clearly, there was scope for sharing.   I suggest you re-read what I said and you may just find your way out of your imaginary forest.   Meanwhile, merry Christmas to all my careful readers! .

56 minutes ago, Heelster said:

I agree with Amanda. .  However, that doesn't stop me from wearing them.

Edited by Bubba136

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

15 hours ago, Amanda said:

No it shouldn't. Not if you enjoy it.

Merry Christmas @Amanda - - May your stockings   be   full   of   Heels - - - well that didn't come out right!!!

Edited by Heelster
Just because
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Puffer said:

Go to 'For the guys' - 'Saint Laurent Heels' and look at Rob's post dated 11 August 2015 et seq and you will see his appraisal, and other later comments.

I merely pointed out above, as Rob did, that the two boots were not identical but I didn't suggest that any differences between the men's and women's boots had any adverse effect on product development or costing, etc.   Clearly, there was scope for sharing.   I suggest you re-read what I said and you may just find your way out of your imaginary forest.   Meanwhile, merry Christmas to all my careful readers! .

Wow, I bet you school everyone don't you.  Next time, take it past 101 level okay?   

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

20 hours ago, Amanda said:

I think men look very silly wearing stilettos anyway.

@Amanda  - The best  heal (cure) for a heel (offensive term) is digging in your heels (to hold stubbornly to a position or attitude).  So this season let there be more weal [and less woe] and may your stocking there hung by the chimney with care, with hopes that high heels you will soon wear.  :cheeky:

• Like 2

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

2 hours ago, kneehighs said:

Wow, I bet you school everyone don't you.  Next time, take it past 101 level okay?   

I realise that you are a master of jargon, but for the benefit of those of us who speak English, please explain.

On ‎23‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 2:49 PM, kneehighs said:

Quick marketing argument for why the men in heels market has always stalled--and will probably always stall. 

The key to success for any new trend is to focus in on the dominant adoption type in the current phase of the market, learn to appreciate that type of person's archetype, and then adjust the marketing strategy accordingly. This is known as the Rogers Diffusion of Innovations Graph.  This is the model widely adopted by the tech sector (and others) and repeatedly referenced by Goldman Sachs, Citi reports and other leading Blue Chip financial institutions.  It's also referenced in the fashion industry.  Once the Early Majority takes up a new trend, it crosses what Malcolm Gladwell calls the "Tipping Point".  That's the point everyone here is hoping for. 

Innovators want to be the first among their peers with a new trend.  They seek out new styles just to see if the new style will work. In fashion, this falls into the hands of professional insiders like Rick Owens (heels for men), Heidi Slimane (Saint Laurent/Dior Homme heels for men), and John Paul Gaultier (heels for men).  

Early Adopters by contrast don't invent, yet they are willing to buy into new styles early in their life cycle.  In the fashion economy, this often falls into the hands of celebrities and digital influencers.  Kanye West (wearing a women's Celine blouse), Prince (heels), David Bowie (heels/androgyny).  Some may argue that likes, shares, and comments don't increase the velocity of cash flow in the economy.  That argument is based on uneducated ignorance.  Go to the CMO of any large fashion corporation and ask them which spend converts more. Blue Chip advertising/marketing (Vogue, Harpers, or NY Times) or Digital Influencers (Blonde Salad, Kristina Bazan, Aimee Song). Unanimously, digital influencer spend ROI outperforms Blue Chip ROI.  It's a seismic shift observable in numbers at the C-Suite level. 

The catch is uptake by men in heels keeps stalling at the Innovator stage.  There aren't celebrities or male digital influencers regularly wearing heels.  While innovators see heels for men as a status symbol of innovation, Early Adopters still see it as a symbol of downward assimilation.  Why?  In most countries, males are the In Power Group.  The Out Power group are females.  Socially identifying with the Out Power Group decreases status (unless for charity).  

The value proposition then?  Get proof of concept for men in heels in countries--not innovator tribes in the fashion industry-- where women are the In Power Group. Experiment on a limited trial basis.   Sweden, Finland, Denmark, and Norway consistently come out on top of gender global rankings.  If market cap is even promising in these countries, then new ways of marketing to Early Adopters should be applied.  "Be unlike everyone else, be unique.  Wear heels."  "Women unanimously think taller men are more attractive.  Wear heels. Be taller."  "Women unanimously think men with good posture are more attractive.  Heels give you good posture.  Wear heels".  "Women unanimously think men with long legs are more attractive than men with short legs.  Get longer legs by wearing heels" "people associate height with power.  Wear heels to appear more powerful" etc. 

While totally not something I would ever invest time or money into, it's an interesting idea to explore. 

Diffusion of Innovations S CURVE.jpg

Very nice.

The heeled boots at YSL only relied on Slimane whom YSL fired a few months ago. Wait and see.

... Blue Chip advertising/marketing (Vogue, Harpers, or NY Times) or Digital Influencers (Blonde Salad, Kristina Bazan, Aimee Song). Unanimously, digital influencer spend ROI outperforms Blue Chip ROI.  It's a seismic shift observable in numbers at the C-Suite level...

=> I am directly heading to my company's CMO see if they know the relevant DI in my business.

Regarding launching men in heels in Northern Europe... Do women wear heels often there ? I have no idea.

On 24/12/2016 at 9:16 PM, Amanda said:

Ouch! Unfortunately the truth often hurts. 

While I hope not to look too silly, I have to admit you're probably right Amanda. The problem though, is they just feel so damm good. What are us boys going to do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aristoc said:

Ouch! Unfortunately the truth often hurts. 

While I hope not to look too silly, I have to admit you're probably right Amanda. The problem though, is they just feel so damm good. What are us boys going to do.

Well, it is true that not all men can pull off stilettos very well...But, when it works, it is a powerful and alluring look indeed.  But, not all women that wear stilettos pull off the look successfully either.  I guess this is one of my major fears, looking silly to others in my boots.  I think I look pretty good in my boots and jeans, but am still overly concerned about how others see me.  I am way to concerned about this, but fear being the person that is quietly "snickered about" at social gatherings. 

• Like 1

""""    but fear being the person that is quietly "snickered about" at social gatherings. """""

Unfortunately, a few snickering people would be the least of my concerns. Given the current political climate, and my location, there would be no more social life for me to be concerned with.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Heelster said:

""""    but fear being the person that is quietly "snickered about" at social gatherings. """""

Unfortunately, a few snickering people would be the least of my concerns. Given the current political climate, and my location, there would be no more social life for me to be concerned with.

You are right, of course....But still yearn for positive comments...

• Like 1

Even Amanda has to admit few women have legs as nice as you. I wear my stilettos publicly often and more than not i know i walk better than most women I've seen.

If men finally adopt heels in mass like women all of 5% of us would actually wear them, about the same percentage as women based on the 5 different regions of the US I have lived in. Heels are not mainstream for either sex.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CAT said:

I'm not hear for a long time, I'm just here for a good time !

As Gerard Way said, “One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.”

As as aside - That CATalog of images puts @CAT is a CATegory all by himself. :penitent:

:wavey:

• Like 3

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

On ‎27‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 3:26 PM, kneehighs said:

Australian actor, singer, and cabaret artist Adam Noviello.  https://www.instagram.com/p/BNfeFLvhWe_/?taken-by=adamnoviello

@adamnoviello.png

Did you post this because you thought Amanda was wittily referring to him ?

Or did you post this as an answer to her ?

IMHO, girls are as silly as men by wearing heels. But they pair them better.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gudulitooo said:

Did you post this because you thought Amanda was wittily referring to him ?

Or did you post this as an answer to her ?

IMHO, girls are as silly as men by wearing heels. But they pair them better.

I posted it because it contributes to the thread theme "general public discussions of men in heels".  Had zero to do with Amanda's comment.

• Like 4

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

cat

I love your energy and openness toward self expression. Nice Heels, nice skirts, great look.  Question: Who takes the photos for you ?

How do you pick the locations for posing. Are you out for dinner, a movie, grocery shopping ? What ever-- keep it up. I do the same.

spikesmike                                     

• Like 2

On 12/24/2016 at 4:16 PM, Amanda said:

Now that turns me off wearing heels because the same thought comes to my mind when seeing others or myself wearing them.

Suppose it makes my wishy washy of sorts being swayed away from something that pulls me in like gravity.

Yet, like some do want recognition, and feedback of what i wear from others. Sometimes it's just being supportive but other times it's honest look upon myself seeing what i miss while others can observe that i can't. Usually a compliment washes away any sort of second thoughts that i appear silly or awkward. 

We as men have to be cognizant that social behaviours often can't get passed seeing male in female established footwear or clothing. Takes a while for others to be swayed or have a positive  outlook  what your wearing. 

Sometimes females find certain colours or style to outlandish once seeing it more often there taste changes or opinions sway.

Had the same problem with said female mocking my cranberry leggings at the gym. After few weeks she had epiphany and bought exact same colour style leggings as she criticized.  Later as i seen her wearing them, it was obvious she regretted laughing upon me so openly and close proximity. Her demeanour having me see her wearing the exact pair i own, was embarrassment, head down but no response but body language, facial expressions told me she felt bad hoping i forgot it or forgave her. Neither happened nor do i find it funny but find  another reason why haters hate so much. This is why so many opinions on what you wear sometimes is wrong and best ignored. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, spikesmike said:

cat

I love your energy and openness toward self expression. Nice Heels, nice skirts, great look.  Question: Who takes the photos for you ?

How do you pick the locations for posing. Are you out for dinner, a movie, grocery shopping ? What ever-- keep it up. I do the same.

spikesmike                                     

Thanks for all the compliments!!!!!

Some of the pictures are taken by my GF.  A lot are snapped by complete strangers that I just ask to take a quick picture of me.  A few are taken with the timer on the phone.   I just stop where ever whenever for a picture.  Never really see out to go to a spot in particular.  The only thing on your list I have not done is a movie.  That will go on the list to get a pic at a movie!!!   I have shopped for clothes, groceries, gifts, booze, site seeing, dinner, drinks, clubs, and just plain  coffee at Starbucks!!!  

Have no problem being out in regular guy clothes from casual to a suit and tie to a pair of jeans and heels to a pair of 6" pumps fishnets and a miniskirt!!!!

• Like 4

Just now, CAT said:

Thanks for all the compliments!!!!!

Some of the pictures are taken by my GF.  A lot are snapped by complete strangers that I just ask to take a quick picture of me.  A few are taken with the timer on the phone.   I just stop where ever whenever for a picture.  Never really see out to go to a spot in particular.  The only thing on your list I have not done is a movie.  That will go on the list to get a pic at a movie!!!   I have shopped for clothes, groceries, gifts, booze, site seeing, dinner, drinks, clubs, and just plain  coffee at Starbucks!!!  

Have no problem being out in regular guy clothes from casual to a suit and tie to a pair of jeans and heels to a pair of 6" pumps fishnets and a miniskirt!!!!

How's that work? What type of strangers oblige your requests? If it were me in your heels i would feel it would be to much, people thinking i'm in love with myself.  Also taking a picture often than not attracts other attention. Do people get angry when you ask? Calling you names  rejecting your request only so they don't feel their encouraging your style..

Nope not at all.  Very rarely do I get a no.  Probably only 2-3 times.  Asking the girls to take the pic always leads in to small talk or conversation about my clothes or heels.  Some as you have seen even take pics with me.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CAT said:

Nope not at all.  Very rarely do I get a no.  Probably only 2-3 times.  Asking the girls to take the pic always leads in to small talk or conversation about my clothes or heels.  Some as you have seen even take pics with me.  

Bet your all smiles. Doubt i could pull it off without sounding creepy or having ulterior motive. Maybe i'm too serious or assuming woman natural reactions of shivers and awkwardness maybe bitterness that i maybe enjoying wearing heels and accessories  to much. Which creeps females away.