Master Resource: General Public Discussions of men in heels

kneehighs

Was also out today doing some errands wearing my chunky 3.5"heel  tan booties with J-brand houlihan skinny tight cargo pants in faded charcoal. Went to Fed-Ex outlet to drop off a return. Instantly i was noticed what booties i had on. Their were couple young females with their mom inline. Seen the young female 18 years old stare upon my booties then look away. Think everyone knew what i had on but surprisingly everyone kept to themselves no giggles or double take stares. The female clerk noticed me once i entered the door but smiled towards me was pleasant.

So use to wearing chunky 3 inch black booties thought why people noticed me more then usual. So off to few stores few stares what i had on but nothing to make me angry or upset. So going to another store i walked into stood a 15 year old boy and older male maybe his dad as if they were guarding the door. They faced each other between the double doors leaning against the wall. Before i entered i knew the kid noticed me outside walking in but gathered himself as i walked in between both of them, Suddenly as i turned into another sliding door of the store  heard the man and his boy start to laugh. I waited for the automatic sensor sliding door to open and gave pause to what i was hearing. Took great restraint not to turn around and get angry or give them some comment back... (any suggestions for future situations like this?)

Seen some high heel court shoes in mid blue similar to the forum banner in a size 11 in the store. Thought to try them on but decided to go change into some Citizens Of Humanity straight leg skinny AVA jeans i picked up in size 26.  When i went back found them gone what  a bummer. 

Later i decided to stop at a local Marshalls and suddenly i noticed a female cousin of mine busy picking out clothes in the men's department. I passed by her aisle not noticing her but once i looked up i decided to leave in a hurry. Only because she is worst of the worse for many reasons gossip, ridiculous assumptions, labels...  If she ever seen me in my booties it would be hell on fire for everyone around including my family. Gossip would spread and lies upon that would be unbearable to me and immediate family. Just to give you insight, she once told anyone that would listen, my older cousin is gay, even though it's not true, him having a family with kids, good guy no reason to hate etc.. She keeps making up stuff in her head that is not true always stirring up people if given a slight reason.  Even her mom my aunt is delusional in many  respects lie after lie to cover up another lie, telling untrue stories all while believing everything she says as gospel.

Even her daughter thinks her mom is crazy, giving an example of yelling at families in traffic out on the street picking up kids at her grand childrens school, giving the daughter embarrassment seeing the children's parents later. Yet my cousin doesn't look herself in the mirror at her appetite of gossip, "OHH did you hear", is her catchphrase. .  People like that is best not to chat with or pretend that she cares about you, only looking for dirt to gossip upon. Person like her enjoy people's demise talking or laughing about it with other like minded female cousins about it with infinity.  You couldn't ask for a worse hater then her at a forum like ours here.

Don't like to run and hide but only thinking it would bring 10X more grief to me hearing it from my family that i tolerate already about my booties and tight jeans and gym attire. 

On the other hand, if her reputation is as bad as you say, everyone else must discount what she says as untrue also. If she saw you in women's heels and blabbed it to other family members, nobody would believe it anyway. That really gives you freedom to roam about without having to hide what you're wearing.

Steve

• Like 1

MackyHeels,

You have posted  a vast array of gallery photos here recently and you are worried about about possible blowback from gossip?? People that have such a bad reputation will be relegated to the dumpster of history sooner or later. My question for you is are you predisposed to live your life on their terms or yours?? If you keep wearing heels within 20 km of your home then sooner or later someone you know will cross your path. Will you spot them first or they you? What are the circumstances and does it really matter?? Your desire to wear them will never go away so you must devise a strategy to deal with this reality. The first day of the rest of a dignified life begins today but showing the confidence to rise above the trailer court nonsense. Keep your head up, your eyes level, and your heels going forward.  HappyinHeels 

On 2/9/2016 at 7:36 PM, HappyinHeels said:

MackyHeels,

You have posted  a vast array of gallery photos here recently and you are worried about about possible blowback from gossip?? People that have such a bad reputation will be relegated to the dumpster of history sooner or later. My question for you is are you predisposed to live your life on their terms or yours?? If you keep wearing heels within 20 km of your home then sooner or later someone you know will cross your path. Will you spot them first or they you? What are the circumstances and does it really matter?? Your desire to wear them will never go away so you must devise a strategy to deal with this reality. The first day of the rest of a dignified life begins today but showing the confidence to rise above the trailer court nonsense. Keep your head up, your eyes level, and your heels going forward.  HappyinHeels 

Does what they say matter to me of course not when i shrug it off not caring about them. What bothers me is the backlash my immediate family gets from the gossip unfairly only because of me.

Does it bother me when 1/3 woman seeing me dressed in female leggings and tank top, working out in the gym don't want to be polite, only because they hate my clothing. Heard a woman today who seen me hundreds of times at the gym criticize my appearance saying to her friend he looks terrible, then adding he has ok body but how he looks is horrible. While life goes on i'm happy they are prejudice knowing what i wear affects any sort of friendly relationship with them. Only because it sorts out people quickly out of my life rather trying to get to know them only later finding them with little character only superficial woman. While a cousin is someone you can't ignore even if they done wrongs to my family.

So to when i see my cousin i try to avoid them politely only knowing them from childhood they strongly disapprove of my code of dress or undress while on the beach. Just like the gym strange cold superficial woman avoid me only thinking i would enjoy a pleasant conversation which isn't the case for both of us yet different reasons. Best to avoid eye contact and stay out of each others  ways. Only difference i don't bad mouth them as they do to me only because they disagree with my code of dress.

Only difference i don't change the way i dress for anyone only to avoid what i know them to be a nuisance laughing, crticing, gossiping or avoiding me with stoic disgusted glares towards me.

The woman haters i may encounter on the street, gym i laugh at their criticism.  While family members have a bigger voice often annoying and constant biliterment whenever my paths cross. Only advice never to see them...

My experience is completely different, perhaps because I am older, have no kids, and have an approving spouse. We moved to a retirement community a year ago, and I made the  decision when we moved, to wear what I want most of the time. I'm not getting younger and one of these days I may not be able to wear heels because of foot problems, balance issues, or who know what? I know what my wife thinks are the limits of good taste, and I try to comply. Today, for example, I wore a pink turtleneck (women's), a brick-red sweater (men's), bootcut jeans (women's), briefs (women's), opaque thigh high stockings (men's Activskin A1009), and women's dress boots (Clark's "Ruby Sparkle" with 3" stacked heels). I also wore a light copper polish on my fingernails, and carry a black shoulder bag (women's). I like to mix and match fashions and take from both sides of the aisle - whatever I think looks good and feels good on me and doesn't bother my wife. Now here's the astounding part of a typical day for me.

I met two big burly guys from our village water department this morning at our house we're trying to sell, looking for a leak that caused our water bill to jump up a couple of months ago. I led them through the house and we found a leaky toilet that was the culprit. They may have seen my boots as I did nothing to hide them (although I wore the jeans outside them today - sometimes I wear them tucked in). Next I went to a meeting at our retirement community, then had lunch in the main dining room where I ate with some of the staff which I enjoy doing occasionally, then I went to a meeting of the residents association council (I'm treasurer), then to my business office, then to the post office, then to happy hour where I hobnobbed with lots of different residents, and finally to dinner. It was a busy day, with lots of contacts from the executive director to the gals in the marketing department to the president of the residents association to the housekeeping staff. Nobody said anything to me about my boots, my nails, or my purse. I carried myself with confidence, and I don't think too many people are really that observant, but some undoubtedly are. The only exception is that I have a good relationship with one of the marketing gals (my "shoe sister") and I asked her if anybody ever talked to her about my appearance and she said no, never. So I may be an oddity here in some ways, but people just accept it and never bother me or ask or talk behind my back (that I know of). I am grateful that I can live and dress the way I want to. Granted, if I wanted to wear platform stilettos, dresses, or present myself as female (why? I'd be really ugly!), some people might feel uncomfortable that I was pushing the envelope too far. The marketing gals call on me often to represent the community at marketing events and it doesn't bother them that I don't present myself as a totally masculine guy. So if they're not bothered, why should I worry? Wearing heels out and about is easy (a lot easier than I ever would have thought) and I'm comfortable and I enjoy being true to myself!

Steve

Clarks Ruby Sparkle.jpg

• Like 1

MackyHeels,

Family members or not nobody is obliged to sit through belittlement which is the hallmark of shallow people with dubious sets of human values. Your circle of family, friends, and acquaintances starts with those who treat you with dignity. Anything less is not worth your time and effort. Once other would-be bullies who demean realize no amount of demeaning will harm you they will realize they have become irrelevant. Once family members who engage in the same behavior see the same thing they too will become irrelevant.

Steve63130,

You've got a great situation there with your community. Your look is pretty tame I think and always in good taste. If you want towering heels just wait until my next visit in central Ohio. Until then enjoy your new community heels and all! 

HappyinHeels

• Like 1

More examples for sure but not sure it is hard evidence of a new trend on Main Street. Definitely eye-catching and encouraging to those looking for more encouragement. Here's some more encouragement: If you are reading this now then get out there in heels now because in 75 years it will be too late for you. Get out there now while you have your mobility and your wits about you. HappyinHeels

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I did a site search for Buzz Bissinger and didn't find anything.

http://www.gq.com/story/buzz-bissinger-shopaholic-gucci-addiction?currentPage=1

In 3 years, Buzz spent 587K on clothes.  Some mens, some womens, he makes no distinction.  

I was intrigued by some of his statements.  I don't necessarily endorse his character, but at least his POV moved me out my daytime coma.

• Like 1

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

US VOGUE: Marc Jacobs Is Doing It. So Is Stefano Pilati. Men in Womenswear Is Not Just a Runway Gimmick

Seems like the high fashion world supports "fashion freestyling" Cool article 

"That’s often the draw of womenswear for adventurous male customers: Regardless of the runway statement, the clothes that wind up on the shop floor for her end up being far more exciting than what’s on offer for him."  

"It’s ultimately about freedom in dress—a freedom that’s markedly expressed by a younger generation, by fashion fans like the 17-year-old Smith, who doesn’t seem to care if he’s wearing shorts or a skirt, and designers like Shayne Oliver of Hood By Air, who is 27 and shows men and women in skirts, hose, high heels, and everything in between. Oliver feels gender isn’t an issue when designing his collections, which appears to have struck a chord with guys who, finally, don’t seem too hung up on which side a jacket fastens on, if they like it enough.

I’m always struck by the words of Gvasalia: “It’s just clothes.” So why not just enjoy them, whether they’re in the men’s or ladies’ department?"

• Like 4

Hi Kneehighs,

Thanks for the article, really interesting stuff. I feel that the tides are turning for sure, but what I hope to see and be part of is that even the older generations...ie 40-60 and more will be included as part of the change that is expressed. Yes the younger have the spotlight at the moment, but certainly folks like you, JeffB, ThighBootguy, 6Wish and others have been so inspirational we will get there I am sure. The words Gvasaliia spoke could not ring truer, very moving and inspirational..

Thanks for your long list of articles, updates and links..so good!

2 hours ago, kneehighs said:

US VOGUE: Marc Jacobs Is Doing It. So Is Stefano Pilati. Men in Womenswear Is Not Just a Runway Gimmick

Seems like the high fashion world supports "fashion freestyling" Cool article 

"That’s often the draw of womenswear for adventurous male customers: Regardless of the runway statement, the clothes that wind up on the shop floor for her end up being far more exciting than what’s on offer for him."  

"It’s ultimately about freedom in dress—a freedom that’s markedly expressed by a younger generation, by fashion fans like the 17-year-old Smith, who doesn’t seem to care if he’s wearing shorts or a skirt, and designers like Shayne Oliver of Hood By Air, who is 27 and shows men and women in skirts, hose, high heels, and everything in between. Oliver feels gender isn’t an issue when designing his collections, which appears to have struck a chord with guys who, finally, don’t seem too hung up on which side a jacket fastens on, if they like it enough.

I’m always struck by the words of Gvasalia: “It’s just clothes.” So why not just enjoy them, whether they’re in the men’s or ladies’ department?"

• Like 1

Ah but what will we do for a challenge when it becomes mainstream for guys to wear skirts and heels?  What will we do to increase our confidence in ourselves when freestyling no longer makes a statement that people notice?    :penitent:

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

1 hour ago, Thighbootguy said:

Ah but what will we do for a challenge when it becomes mainstream for guys to wear skirts and heels?  What will we do to increase our confidence in ourselves when freestyling no longer makes a statement that people notice?    :penitent:

It's gonna be awhile - - - We have plenty of time for statements.

• 3 weeks later...

WONDERLAND is an independently owned media outlet based out of London.  

It has a good reputation.  It's respected as a creative lifestyle/art publication, especially among Millenials.

Here's a fresh article interviewing members of the Sink the Pink Party held in London.  

While not my cup of tea, Sink the Pink might make an good venue for a heel meet night cap.  

http://www.wonderlandmagazine.com/2016/04/inside-sink-pink/

ID MAGAZINE covered it too.

GRAZIA UK has also promoted it.

While the Sink the Pink party may not appeal to the Silent Generation or Baby Boomer membership here, it's evidence of cultural change. Of an upward slope of acceptance of "fashion freestyling" among the Millenial generation.   No doubt Gen Z (iGen) will follow.

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 2

kneehighs: Yes, I agree that events like Sink the Pink, avant-garde though it is shows that culture charge regarding fashion freestyling is evolving. Highly interesting indeed.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

On 23 April 2016 at 5:23 AM, Shyheels said:

Interesting and enlightened article in yesterday's New York Times about the late Prince and his wearing heels

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/23/fashion/prince-fashion-high-heels.html?_r=0

I particularly like the quote:

And he wore them, he said, not because he wanted to be taller, but because “women like ’em.”

The man was pure sex, and many women found him irresistibly sexy. And the way in which he wore his heels was a big part of that.

Edited by Rob
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Rob said:

I particularly like the quote:

And he wore them, he said, not because he wanted to be taller, but because “women like ’em.”

The man was pure sex, and many women found him irresistibly sexy. And the way in which he wore his heels was a big part of that.

"The man was pure sex, and many women found him irresistibly sexy.  And the way in which he wore his heels was a big part of that."  I was equally fascinated by those words as well.  

I would love to figure out a formula for people to model Prince's methods for mesmerism.  The best I can do for now is:

1.  Emotionally fascinate with appearance.  His appearance demanded initial attention.

2.  Be symbolically visually feminine.   Congruence is key here.  He used symbols of female sexual appeal from eye make up, to frilly feminine fabrics, patterns.  Visually, his whole look was congruent.  This increased interest in him.

3.  Be inwardly masculine.   He spoke with a deep voice.  He was confident.  He had high status.  He was wealthy.  He was confident in his sexuality.  These traits women find attractive.  This increased desire.

• Like 1

Shopsyro: I like their mission statement, but they really should think about the "community" they are linking to. The current link just seems like the developer put in some random text, just as if I would do this: oijasdoijasd.com - their domain is fjnfj.com, which is for sale :-P. Maybe someone could give them a hint to link to this forum :)

2 hours ago, Rockpup said:

Got an email from solestruck, there is a new brand marketing heels for men. http://shopsyro.com/

I might have to try the George model

The George boot is quite acceptable for male street wear.   The other models are hideous and would make any man a public laughing stock if worn outside a very narrow environment.

5 hours ago, Puffer said:

The George boot is quite acceptable for male street wear.   The other models are hideous and would make any man a public laughing stock if worn outside a very narrow environment.

I agree. The others are clownish.