Master Resource: General Public Discussions of men in heels

kneehighs

It seems that there is growing coverage of the topic of men in heels outside of hhplace.org

This thread is for discussions about men in heels. For pictures of Male Celebrities, Runways, and Rockers in heels, post those in this thread.

As a resource for those of us who are interested, I thought it would be useful to put all the URL links under one roof, under one thread. As time passes, we are seeing more and more discussions about men in heels from the general public.

I have tons of links, but will start with these for now.

MYSPACE.COM

Abdul Lagerfield My Space Blog: Men In Heels Part One

Abdul Lagerfield My Space Blog: Men In Heels Part Two

EZINE ARTICLE

by Clark Hunter

YAHOO ANSWERS

started by Shoeiee

Design Taxi

by Bianca Zen

TIME MAGAZINE

August 21, 1972

New York Magazine

by Amy Laroca

BLOGS

Holy Candy features a picture of FashionableFun on the right.

FORUMS

Discover Vancouver

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Nice idea, but it'd be IMHO better to post this in the "For Everybody" section, so those who normally don't look here may still have contact with the guys in heels matter.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

This is the first time I've seen the Holly Candy blog, but it's not the first blog I've seen with my photo on it. I've seen myself in the same photo on a few other blogs. Youv'e probably seen them as well, but I am a bit surprised at how many there are. I sometimes wonder if I'm the right individual, or if, in fact, I want to be the "poster boy" for the movement. I frankly think Kneehighs is much better suited for that job. Nonetheless, I like the idea of congreating the links in this thread. Keep it up Kneehighs.

This is the first time I've seen the Holly Candy blog, but it's not the first blog I've seen with my photo on it. I've seen myself in the same photo on a few other blogs. Youv'e probably seen them as well, but I am a bit surprised at how many there are. I sometimes wonder if I'm the right individual, or if, in fact, I want to be the "poster boy" for the movement. I frankly think Kneehighs is much better suited for that job. Nonetheless, I like the idea of congreating the links in this thread. Keep it up Kneehighs.

I actually always thought it WAS Kneehighs:oops:

he, he...posterboy?

Actually, whats funny is how alot of those blogs found out that men like to wear heels from my posts from a couple of years ago. As my interests have begun to evolve though, I'd prefer to be less and less a "public figure" though.

There's the mary-jane boy at http://www.mary-janeshoes.com/, and Firefox's Aesthetic High Heel Men's Fashion site. Then there's Dale Miller aka "The Skirtman", who wears heels with his skirts. Our own Jon Rowlinson aka Krapsparov has some photos up of himself in skirts and heels. Andrew Wingett, friend and contemporary of Jenny, still has his pages up. There are also a number of Yahoo groups for the discussion of men in heels, they can be found in Wingman's Adult Groups Lists under High Heels.

What a great story, this is a keeper...

egroeg99 said...

This is an original story of mine:

An Easy Fifty, by Man in Heels

"Lose a bet?"

It was Saturday morning and I was sitting alone in the coffee shop reading the morning paper.

I was dressed casually: jeans, pullover sweater, and black Mary Janes with 4 inch block heels and dark socks.

"Hey buddy."

Realizing he was talking to me I looked up and saw a 20 something male who was dressed similarly to me, except he was wearing dirty white athletic shoes.

"Huh?"

He pointed to my shoes and carefully enunciated, "I said, did you lose a bet?"

I looked down at my shoes, compared them to his (and every other man I had seen that day), and realized what he was trying to say.

"No, no. I don't need a bet. I wear what I want to." I pointedly looked back down at my paper, hoping to end the conversation.

"I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be a jerk. I'm really curious as to why you're wearing high heels."

I sighed and motioned him to sit down at the seat across the table from me.

He smiled and reached his hand out, "Bob Weaver."

"Nick Foller."

"You see Nick, I walks into this here restaurant and I was in line waiting. I looks over and sees this nice pair of shoes when everybody else is wearin' sneakers. I'm wondering if the rest of her is as classy as her feet and follow the legs up. Well, what to my surprise, but she's got a flat chest, short hair, and a mustache. I says to myself, 'Robert, this guy don't look at all like a fag. Maybe he gotta wear them lady's shoes 'cause of a bet.'"

I mentally counted to 10 while thinking up lost bet paybacks that should be enforced upon him. "Ok, first of all two things you should know."

"Uh, huh."

Knowing the redundancy would go over his head, I explained, "First of all, men who are regular heel wearers are almost 100% straight, heterosexual, and not gay. Second, they're not a lady's shoes, their mine."

Starting to get into the redundancy, I finished up, "Bought, purchased, remunerated, and paid for."

Sounding like he really meant it, Weaver said, "Sorry, I should of known. But why do you wear them, then? I mean you don't have to 'cause you're not one of them, and, I didn't mean it like it sounded. I mean don't they hurt your feet?"

Letting his fixation on sexuality go, I explained, "Did you ever wonder why men's shoes are all so the same? Black, brown, or white, with maybe a pair of navy blue socks to liven things up. I once wondered too and decided to find out.

"Well, since there's nothing in our genetic makeup or bodily mechanics that controls compatibility with shoe color, I decided to try some other colors."

Apparently the compatibility thing was confusing him, but I continued forward. "A couple years ago, I went into a shoe store and started looking around and decided to try a pair of shoes just like what I'm wearing today."

"Didn't they think you were weird or something?"

"I thought of that, too," I smiled and went on, "You'll like this -- I told the clerk I had lost a bet."

He laughed out loud at this, and I couldn't help chuckling myself.

"When I tried them on, I really felt different. Tall, cool, ready to take on the world, then when a nice looking lady came up to me and said she thought I looked great in heels, I was hooked."

He said, "Like a drug?"

"Uh, no. Just a figure of speech. You know, like, well I just liked how they looked and felt. I bought them, and now most of my shoes have heels. As long as they fit right, they don't hurt."

I looked down, sizing up his feet. "Looks like you're about size 10 like me."

"Nine and a half. What about it."

I slipped off one of my shoes and motioned towards it. "Here, go ahead and try it."

"Naw, them's lady's shoes."

"No, remember I told you, they're mine. Look, nobody will see or care, the place is practically empty."

He said, "Not on a bet," but didn't sound very resolved.

Smiling, I said, "You sure about a bet? Ten bucks says you won't put it on."

As I laid a ten on the table, he slipped off his sneaker and nervously shoved his foot into the mary jane on the floor.

This time I held up fifteen dollars and motioned to the other, now vacant, shoe on the floor. "Five more says you won't put on the other one and another ten to stand up and take a couple steps."

Well, you could have fooled me. Not only did he put the other shoe on, but he stood up and walked completely around the table. I was impressed, he really walked well, too.

He sat down, didn't immediately take the shoes off, but scooped up the money. "Uh, what was your name, Nick? I can't believe it, but I like them. You were right, tall, cool, and tough. Where'd you get..."

Before he could finish asking where I bought them, A female voice interrupted us, "Robert?"

He looked up very surprised with his face rapidly turning white said, "Hi Peg. Nick, meet my girlfriend, Peg. Uh Peggy, this is Nick who I was just talkin' to. We were, uh..."

Peggy pointed to his feet. "Bob, those shoes look great on you! Why haven't I seen them before? You really ought to wear them more often."

Looking very confused he started to stammer, "P-p-peg. I, uh, well, you see..."

Peg motioned her head towards the counter. "Wait, let me get my coffee."

As soon as she left, Bob pulled out his wallet and quietly, but urgently said, "How much? How about fifty?"

"For the shoes? And my twenty-five back?"

Peggy was starting back to the table.

Bob dug into his wallet, "Ok, ok. Seventy-five. And keep the sneakers."

He handed me a wad of bills under the table as she settled back into her chair. Before she could say anything, I said to her, "Bob here was telling me how he always thought men's shoes were boring and one day decided to try those as an experiment. He probably didn't know how to tell you because you might think him strange."

Peggy looked at Bob and said, "No, I don't think you're strange at all. Any man masculine enough to wear heels in public is OK by me."

I stood up in Bob's hideous sneakers. "Peggy, Bob, I've got to go. Maybe I'll stop across the way at Snazzy Feet and pick up a pair, too."

As I was walking out, I heard Peggy say, "I didn't think you'd ever wear heels, even on a bet. Let's see how you walk."

The End.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey KH

Did you check this link because it isnt a blog about men in heels...

On Wednesday, January 31, 2007, she wrote a long post about heels for men.

I don't know yet how to link to that exact post, so if you do an Edit, search for January 31, you'll find it.

Just scroll down the comments and you'll easily find it. Her comments about men in heels revolve around, mostly, men wearing men's style shoes with built in lifts as well as websites for them.

I really dont appreciate the way she starts out by saying

Now before I go further with this, I have to put in the disclaimer that I have no problem with people of a different sexual orientation than myself. Nor do I really care about how they dress (as long as it's tasteful! lol)

Yet another damn stereo typing!

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

• 3 weeks later...
I joined this groop and asked the big ? Girls wear what ever they want. Is it wrong a straight male like me to wear high heels. Check it out. Lot of mixed opinions. Was just curious. Already have alot of replies in just 10 minutes. My user name is the same. Johnieheel

real men wear heels