Driving in high heels

Skirted-UK

Good thing only women have that problem. I drive in heels all the time and don't have any problem at all. No wander women have been labled as worse drivers than men. They can't drive in heels!

real men wear heels

No wander women have been labled as worse drivers than men.

I think that's just because of these guys who get frustrated about women's emancipation and try to tell the world that males are generally better at doing something than females. Sexists.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

As well as stilettos, female motorists are choosing style over safety by attempting to drive in flip-flops, trainers or even barefoot.

ok, this has to be stupid, if "trainers" are also "unsuitable footwear" then just what the heel are we meant to wear when driving?

I dont see any driving shoes anywhere??

I love the way these articles always bash the things that they think are done incorrectly but never shed any light on how its meant to be done :smile:

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

read the article too, and i think the articles a load of bollox!! For a kick off, why's shoes better than bare feet? Second, heels other than 6" + i cant see as bein a prob, been there, do that regularly(didnt send the postcard tho) Are 3" inchers 25% better than 4" ? It'sthe Daily Mail stirin the shit again ! Come on editor, show us your basque!!!

We get this kind of nonsense all the time over here. Some nitwit "holier-than-thou" journalist gets some cockamamie idea about something he/she doesn't like. Next, this activist / journalist gets a bunch of self-proclaimed "experts" as back-up to write an article. I don't know where these "experts" come from -- there must be a registry of them somewhere. I get so tired of hearing these ninny-nannies telling me what I shouldn't eat, how long and when I should sleep, how I should spend my time and money, etc. As near as I can tell from this article the only acceptable footwear for driving would be bedroom slippers (non-heeled of course). Maybe we'd all be safer if we could make sure these "journalists" never hit the road! I doubt if the heels really had anything to do with the incident cited in the article. It was probably something more like lack of attention on the part of the driver.

Have a happy time!

We get this kind of nonsense all the time over here. Some nitwit "holier-than-thou" journalist gets some cockamamie idea about something he/she doesn't like. Next, this activist / journalist gets a bunch of self-proclaimed "experts" as back-up to write an article. I don't know where these "experts" come from -- there must be a registry of them somewhere. I get so tired of hearing these ninny-nannies telling me what I shouldn't eat, how long and when I should sleep, how I should spend my time and money, etc.

As near as I can tell from this article the only acceptable footwear for driving would be bedroom slippers (non-heeled of course). Maybe we'd all be safer if we could make sure these "journalists" never hit the road!

I doubt if the heels really had anything to do with the incident cited in the article. It was probably something more like lack of attention on the part of the driver.

Right on, JMC! :wavey: Plus, if you do the math, according to the article 99% of female drivers are either wearing heels or flip-flops. Did anyone even bother to check out male drivers in heels?

With reporting like that, it's a wonder that the Daily Mail is still around. I guess they'll print anything these days.:smile:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Right on, JMC! :wavey: Plus, if you do the math, according to the article 99% of female drivers are either wearing heels or flip-flops. Did anyone even bother to check out male drivers in heels?

With reporting like that, it's a wonder that the Daily Mail is still around. I guess they'll print anything these days.:smile:

My point exactly!

real men wear heels

. . . With reporting like that, it's a wonder that the Daily Mail is still around. I guess they'll print anything these days.:smile:

. . . and we get the same kind of reporting out of most of our major media outlets here in the U.S. I'm not going to cite names but I am to the point where I no longer believe most of what is in the big newspapers and I don't even bother with televised news.

The best source for news is the Internet -- you need to do your own cross-checking but you get a better picture of what is happening. Blogs and websites are usually biased but they admit it. Newspapers and TV anchors are biased too but they hide behind this facade of "journalistic objectivity". I do not believe anyone can be truly objective if they are an intelligent person who cares about the world around them. I will invest more trust in a person who admits his bias than someone who tries to convince me he has none. I can weigh the reporting against an admitted bias myself.

OK, I guess this turned into a mini-rant. Sorry.

Have a happy time!

Its proberly got more to do with the fact that she was driving an unfamiler car then the fact that she was wearing heels, after all she was a model, if anybody got to be used to wearing heels it must be a model. You could say she was wearing her working shoes!

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

I think that's just because of these guys who get frustrated about women's emancipation and try to tell the world that males are generally better at doing something than females. Sexists.

Actually it isn't sexism.

I drive over a 1000 miles per week and I have seen some very dire driving in my time and I'd say that around 90% of the time it's a woman. Some ladies are very, very good like my aunt or my first wife and others are poor at best like my mum or my nan. If the case of a minor collision one of those involved is almost invariably a woman whether she is "at fault" or not.

On average women drive half the mileage of their male counterparts and yet their insurance is only around 15% cheaper- 90% of insurance claims are paid out for accidents so it isn't the theft risk element they're paying for.

Heels or no heels I wouldn't dream of wearing heels to drive my truck and yet I find it quite easy to do so in my car even if it does bugger the right heel up. The main reason I often change into flats to drive is because I want to save my heels not because it affects my driving.

Another point is that bare feet or stockinged feet is as dangerous as driving in heels and the best type of footwear would be rigid sole shoes such as men's dress Oxfords or Derbies but failing that trainers are OK but not the best.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Ok, first of all, what did Julie Hunter do? Did she drive through a gym? Was she drunk or maby the editer is on drugs. Second, why put the blame on the shoes when maby, just maby the car manufactures are at fault for not designing safe foot controls that are far enough apart so your feet or shoes don't get tangeled up in them. Why can't they design peddals so that your foot or shoe can't slip off or get caught under or behind the peddal. Julie Hunter should sue the car maker just like the lady sued McDonalds for a hot cup of coffee burning her hand. I am sick and tired of stupid!!!!!!!!!!!

real men wear heels

. . . and we get the same kind of reporting out of most of our major media outlets here in the U.S. I'm not going to cite names but I am to the point where I no longer believe most of what is in the big newspapers and I don't even bother with televised news.

The best source for news is the Internet -- you need to do your own cross-checking but you get a better picture of what is happening. Blogs and websites are usually biased but they admit it. Newspapers and TV anchors are biased too but they hide behind this facade of "journalistic objectivity". I do not believe anyone can be truly objective if they are an intelligent person who cares about the world around them. I will invest more trust in a person who admits his bias than someone who tries to convince me he has none. I can weigh the reporting against an admitted bias myself.

OK, I guess this turned into a mini-rant. Sorry.

Many of us feel that we can completely rely upon what the newscasters say on the 6 o'clock news - except the part between, "Good evening..." and, "That's all for now." Other than that, I believe it's totally factual and unbiased.:smile:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Ok, first of all, what did Julie Hunter do? Did she drive through a gym? Was she drunk or maby the editer is on drugs. Second, why put the blame on the shoes when maby, just maby the car manufactures are at fault for not designing safe foot controls that are far enough apart so your feet or shoes don't get tangeled up in them. Why can't they design peddals so that your foot or shoe can't slip off or get caught under or behind the peddal. Julie Hunter should sue the car maker just like the lady sued McDonalds for a hot cup of coffee burning her hand. I am sick and tired of stupid!!!!!!!!!!!

Sue them for what? There is probably a section in the users' manual advising on suitable footwear for that particular model.

The foot controls are perfectly safe and tested for proper driving footwear, your foot will not slip off the pedal if you are wearing the correct footwear and you ensure that your car is properly maintained.

I have been driving professionally for 18 years and during that time I have driven an average of 1000 miles per week and in that time my foot has NEVER slipped off of any pedal. Putting the pedals further apart would be highly dangerous, imagine going for the brake and missing...

Personally, I don't think she's got a leg to stand on.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Sue them for what? There is probably a section in the users' manual advising on suitable footwear for that particular model.

The foot controls are perfectly safe and tested for proper driving footwear, your foot will not slip off the pedal if you are wearing the correct footwear and you ensure that your car is properly maintained.

I have been driving professionally for 18 years and during that time I have driven an average of 1000 miles per week and in that time my foot has NEVER slipped off of any pedal. Putting the pedals further apart would be highly dangerous, imagine going for the brake and missing...

Personally, I don't think she's got a leg to stand on.

Just a thought. I know the pedals are safe but people sue for the most idiot reasons and actualy win. I to drove professionaly for almost 30 years all over the states and Canada and sometimes even in heels and never once had a probablem with my foot slipping off the pedals.

real men wear heels

• 2 weeks later...