in the news

lorriette

That's a great post!

There are two audio clips. In the Tewkesbury clip, Andrew wears a skirt without heels. In the Cinderford clip, he wears the skirt with 5" stiletto heels.

Interesting Tewkesbury comments:

Kim asked, "How are you feeling?"

Andrew, "Actually so far a bit disappointed. Cuz we walked from the car park and I haven't got so much as a second glance..."

At 1:21 one woman exclaimed, "Superb, quite sexy...it really is lovely"

Interesting Cinderford comments:

In the Cinderford audio link, the one in which he pairs the stiletto boots with the skirt, he even mentions having some practice at home in the other audio link. I wonder how much practice?

Kim said, the boots were "fabulous"

In an interview with two girls on the street:

Girl #1 on the street, "It's not a problem. It's a personal choice"

Andrew replied, "Would you fancy a bloke who dressed like these"

Girl #1 replied, "There's nothing wrong with it."

Girl #2 added, " Yeah, we're fine with it. I like your shoes." (sounds like my date at TG)

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Great post, leading to an informative feature actually done with some seriousness, instead of the usual "look at me in womens clothes, isn't it funny" angle most of these kind of reports go for. Made a nice change to hear the positives for once.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Personally I thought the boots were a bit too fetish, and something a little more conservative would have looked better. Other than that it looked pretty good and it was nice to see it tackled seriously. Chris

I think that the boots are great (I want a pair for me) and there's no reason to not wear them, specially that he wanted to attract attention. It was a very nice thing that he did. He look natural in the pics on the site. Very very nice.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

I agree, it's a great article giving a positive slant to the subject. I've just added a comment to it (as 'Johnny Alpha') but i'm not sure it's still an active topic - last updated in April wasn't it?. The boots looked great but personally speaking, they're too pointy for me. And, as chris100575 said, they're a bit too fetish-looking. I would have liked to see him 'do' Cinderford in some typical womans high-street fashion boots as I think it would have got more favorable comments.

Always High-Heel Responsibly

Well, that was certainly interesting. While I agree with chris100575 that the boots were a tad extreme, nevertheless, I was impressed that this gent actually went out in public dressed like he was. That article certainly made for great reading!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Great find there loriette. Gloucestershire isn't too far from me either. I've heeled/freestyled in Cardiff, London, Brighton, Reading, Abergavenny, Oxford, Llandudno, Newport, Ebbw Vale etc etc and most people are too wrapped up to care about what shoes I'm wearing. I agree some of the guys above that if he wore some less outlandish (more High Street then Old Compton Street) boots then he'd have probably got by a bit better. He certainly proves a point that if you look good and not too outlandish then you can pretty much wear anything. :smile:

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

I like the look but I like pointy high heel boots and leather. Substitute blue jeans and he could probably go almost any where without anyone giving him a second look. Of course that wasn’t the premise.

Great post indeed.

I like his skirt. I also think the heels are a bit fetishy. I'm not a big fan of fetish heels.

I think everyone knows how I love metal spike heels. Eventually I may develop the brass to wear mine in public!

"outlandish" = great word :-)

I always thought the expression arose in the midwestern US, but "outlander" and "outlandish" are apparently borrowed from the Afrikander Dutch uitlander.