Went street heeling today

Katrina

I've been out in heels before, but under long jeans so they didn't really show up at all. Well, that all changed today. I bought a pair of peep toed pumps today. I slipped them on and went shopping. I hit a Fashion Bug in a strip mall and a Macy's in a mall! What an amazing feeling wearing heels out in guy mode in public! I started walking around in Macy's to see if I was going to get any reaction from anybody...nothing. I did get a smile from one of the girls working at Fashion Bug...the type of smile that was just about to be a giggle. I know she saw them.

I had to get something today at Nordstrom so I thought, what the heck...I'll go in my new heels. I took a different pair - much higher and spikier, put them on, and walked right into the store. Nobody really paid attention on the way in and the store was pretty empty. I made my purchase and started to walk out the door. A pair of women walked around a corner and heard/saw me in the heels but didn't have much reaction other than a quick smile. I turned around as I opened the door and saw one of them checking me (and my heels) out. She saw that I caught her looking. I gave her a quick knowing smile, then she smiled and turned around. I turned and headed out. It was fun! I didn't think I had the guts to go out in obviously women's shoes in public. To date, anytime I wear women's shoes out (all the time), they are either very andro, or I have on long pants that would cover them up. This (and yesterday) were the first times that my girly shoes were obvious.

These are what I wore today:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7915625@N02/541244142/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7915625@N02/541244150/

And I wore these yesterday (although my nails were painted yesterday - Frenchy):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7915625@N02/541244164/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7915625@N02/541244142/http://www.flickr.com/photos/7915625@N02/541244150/

someone soulmate knew came up to her 2day and said "saw you both on saturday, is your friend in the red jeans gay?" Quick as a flash she replied, " no he's a fashion designer, (i'm not) did you see my clothes ,well he designed them" (which i didn't). I did buy them 4 her tho.... Soulmate knows i just like winding people up with the way i dress, i like people 2 wonder.... Couldnt be the 4" stack heels clearly visible surely? Must have been the silver bat earrings.........

Love those 4" stacked heels. Great look! I've looked at some similar 4" heels in the store. I really want a pair. My wife doesn't want me trying on shoes in the store so I would need to order from Zappos.

Katrina, I was suitably impressed with the pumps. They look very nice, you have excellent taste indeed.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Good on ya katrina. I love getting a reaction from the girls, even the kind of reaction that could be construed negatively. Its a catch 22 situation in many respects - we want to be inconspicuous, but at the same time, want people, mainly women, to notice. :smile:

i used to want noone to notice, but i think i agree on this that i do want people to notice, but not for any other reason but to gain my own confidence from when they look, and give a positive response or dont care. etc

I had to get something today at Nordstrom so I thought, what the heck...I'll go in my new heels. I took a different pair - much higher and spikier, put them on, and walked right into the store. Nobody really paid attention on the way in and the store was pretty empty. I made my purchase and started to walk out the door. A pair of women walked around a corner and heard/saw me in the heels but didn't have much reaction other than a quick smile. I turned around as I opened the door and saw one of them checking me (and my heels) out. She saw that I caught her looking. I gave her a quick knowing smile, then she smiled and turned around. I turned and headed out. It was fun! I didn't think I had the guts to go out in obviously women's shoes in public. To date, anytime I wear women's shoes out (all the time), they are either very andro, or I have on long pants that would cover them up. This (and yesterday) were the first times that my girly shoes were obvious

Nice story and nice pumps, Katrina!

I like the thin platform soles. In my experience shoes with these soles are much more comfortable to wear on real street pavement. On the other side they are looking as elegant as pumps or sandalettes with the usual thin leather soles :smile:

The best fashion is your own fashion!