Competition for Laurie?

Say what you will about the business practices of Arch enemys, but they have a rather nice gallery on their site. There is a preview of a video they sell, featuring a girl named Radi, playing around with a basketball in pink patent 5½" ankle strap pumps. She seems to be good at running in them too. Another high heel Godess perhaps? :smile:

check it out at: http://www.archenemys.com/images/temp/Randi_BBall01a.wmv

Nope. It takes a special kinda lady to be a high heel goddess. She dosen't have it. Besides being able to wear them, she also has to have a bit of determination, attitude, compassion, will power and an understanding of people. I'm afraid that from my experience, the people at ArchEnemy's dosen't have what it takes. Laurie's a special person all her own. :smile:

Thanks, PC! I have come to realize that the attitude has more to do with being a high heeled goddess than the shoes themselves. So you're quite right. Special person all my own? Certainly different. WHat you see here is what I am in real life, as well. Not just acting for the camera. Competition is not something I get a good deal of, because I am so far out there already, that no one can catch up! :smile:

Nope. It takes a special kinda lady to be a high heel goddess. She dosen't have it. Besides being able to wear them, she also has to have a bit of determination, attitude, compassion, will power and an understanding of people. I'm afraid that from my experience, the people at ArchEnemy's dosen't have what it takes. Laurie's a special person all her own. :smile:

how can you judge this Randi so fast, and by watching a short clip? or have you perhaps chatted with her or talked in real life? maybe we should try to contact her and invite her to the board?

Some rather dodgy camera work in there. If they'd cut out the shots of empty space, camera shake blurred pictures, and cut down the background a bit it would have downloaded in half the time with no loss of action. She wasn't bad in them though. A bit too much bent knees and thighs forward but it's very hard in that high and I think she managed well. Is that how the "jump" is done Laurie or do you have another version :smile: ?

I jump a bit higher, and I do multiple jumps, in that I do three or four in a row. And I can do it on one foot. As in, jump from two land on one AND jump on one land on one. I did jumping jacks in heels once. About five of them. But the jumping jacks were in five inch heels only. And yes, the karate kick in four inch heels. I only do those when wearing pants, for obvious reasons, and generally only wear skirts with higher heels, so I think it's time to mix it up and practice. I've also climbed a ladder at work. That was with a skirt on and I didn't stay up there for long. It's tricky stuff. The step stool is easier to handle in heels, not as far up to go!

I agree, the video could be better, but it's quite impressive. All we need to do now is video Laurie, so we can show them how it's done! (And I bet she can't write anywhere near as well as Laurie does!)

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

how can you judge this Randi so fast, and by watching a short clip? or have you perhaps chatted with her or talked in real life? maybe we should try to contact her and invite her to the board?

My judging is based on my experience. I've tried to contact these people a few times and everytime it's been unanswered. Eveytime I've tried to contact them, the emails have been straight forward and couteous. I've never been blantent or rude in them. Everytime I've written, there has been questions that an answer would be needed for, but I've never gotten anything for a reply. Right there tells me the kind of people they are.

No, I've never tried to purchase anything from them, but this isn't the only place that bad experiences have been expressed about dealing with them. So, from all the things I've read about them and from what they have shown me, I think Laurie has her beat hands down.

I can't comment on the service, liked the vid though. I would have preferred Randi to walk around in normal office stituation in slightly lower heels, around 5". Several people have had bad expereinc with this firm as I recall. Moral: Watch the vids, don't buy the shoes.

My judging is based on my experience. I've tried to contact these people a few times and everytime it's been unanswered. Eveytime I've tried to contact them, the emails have been straight forward and couteous. I've never been blantent or rude in them. Everytime I've written, there has been questions that an answer would be needed for, but I've never gotten anything for a reply. Right there tells me the kind of people they are.

No, I've never tried to purchase anything from them, but this isn't the only place that bad experiences have been expressed about dealing with them. So, from all the things I've read about them and from what they have shown me, I think Laurie has her beat hands down.

how can you judge a person from the actions of others she might not be too associated with?

Ignoring emails about the purchase of heels tells me enough. Maybe I'm being a bit rough on the gal, but she's been just as rude toward us as well. I'm not the only one that wrote her. Missy did as well, trying to get information a specific heel make. Never did any kind of reply from her. When someone does these kinds of things, it tends to leave an impression on ones minds about the kind of person they are. I'm sure she's a nice person and all...it's just what I think.

I don't see why you should necessarily expect a reply from Randi though unless she is part and parcel of the sales set up at arch enemies. I'm sure many of these models are just paid by the firm to do vids and shoots. They've no interest in answering emails about shoes.

You'd think the people who sell these shoes would trawl about the boards like this one and recruit models. I could easily do what this Randi was doing and be paid for it, and we know I already have a fan base. Some company could have a great spokeswoman in me... But alas, there are no offers and no paycheques rolling in. I might as well stick to trying to be a writer.

Ignoring emails about the purchase of heels tells me enough. Maybe I'm being a bit rough on the gal, but she's been just as rude toward us as well. I'm not the only one that wrote her. Missy did as well, trying to get information a specific heel make. Never did any kind of reply from her.

When someone does these kinds of things, it tends to leave an impression on ones minds about the kind of person they are. I'm sure she's a nice person and all...it's just what I think.

what do you mean "her"? do you think it's this Randi that runs Arch enemys?

Well, if her e-mail address is on the site, then someone ought to pick up the mails and get back to people. After all, if you're going to do customer service, you've got to do it right.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Customer Service, now that's something I do very well each and every day. It's the most important aspect of being a problem solver when dealing with a company's customers...

Don't move to the UK, Laurie! You'd be tragically wasted here.

After all, here in the UK, our national telco can tell you, quite straightfaced, that you can't go on the wishlist for their service because you aren't using their service. Uh, and how do I start?!?

Fair enough. I'm always amused by how poor customer service is here in the UK, and so I commented. I wrote my bit after spending an hour and a half trying to get ADSL out of BT, and failing utterly, because 'my area is too small!'

ADSL is useless. A good company will build a fiber broadband network with multiple hub sites, more nodes than than they need, and run it all on cable. As for customer service skills, I think I kicked bottom using those today in solving quite a few problems. The goddess is pleased with herself, yes.

ADSL is useless. A good company will build a fiber broadband network with multiple hub sites, more nodes than than they need, and run it all on cable.

After reading that I wonder why your pc crashed ??

I thought you where blond…. Defiantly very clever, I don’t know that much woman who could make up a sentence like that.