is there a nack to lacing a corset on your own

greybagred

Here is a question. Does anyone know if there is a nack for doing up a corest tightly on your own. I had never been close to a corset before last year, but i bought myself a steel boned silk corset and have only worn it a couple of times. I find it almost impossible to do it up tightly enough to reduce my waist on my own. Just when i think its tight enough and start to do the knot at the back it all loosens a little. Any ideas or websites that may help ?

Here is a question. Does anyone know if there is a nack for doing up a corest tightly on your own.

I had never been close to a corset before last year, but i bought myself a steel boned silk corset and have only worn it a couple of times. I find it almost impossible to do it up tightly enough to reduce my waist on my own. Just when i think its tight enough and start to do the knot at the back it all loosens a little. Any ideas or websites that may help ?

Try putting the two loops around a door handle (one on each side of the door) and walk away from the door. Adjust while tightning it. And do it in small steps. Expect at least one hour for your body to adapt. During this hour you can tighten a couple of times but do NOT try to do it all at once.

Just google "corset" and you will find hundreds of sites, one is http://www.waspcreations.com . Or check out a yahoogroup called "yourcorsetacademy" where I am a member myself.

PM me if you wanna know more.

I've lacing from 32 down to 26/27 by myself. The trick I use is to hook the front first and then rotate the corset around until the laces are in front. Then snug them up and adjust the inner liner as you do this. I usually only snug up enough to still leave about a 3 to 4 inch gap which still allows me to rotate the corset back to the lacing in the back. Next now start to pull the laces to determine the waist. Pull on both the top and bottom lacing but mostly the top. Now I reach behind with one hand and up as high as I can to pull the lacing near the top of the corset. When you pull on these laces you will be pulling only the top part of the corset together until the edges touch. I then pull the main loops of the lacing again to remove the slack as if I were trying to tighten from the main loops. Again I reach behind and grap a little lower the lacing and pull down these laces again to further tighten some more of the upper corset. After this I again pull on the main loops to remove the slack. I continue this process until I am able to pull on the main loops and am able to tighten the corset completely together. Now pull on the lower lacing to tighten the lower corset edges together. This is easier since on a male there are only about 4 to 5 eyelets below the waist. This method takes less strength to pull on the laces and I am able to reduce my waist a full 6 inches. Usually I only reduce 5 1/2 inches because I may not be able to that day handle the full reduction with no discomfort. Give it a try and enjoy your corset.:smile:

I absolutely love my corsets, (got 5 i think, lol), the key to succesfull lacing is practice, practice, practice.

My username changes every now and then on here. God knows why.

• 10 months later...

I pull the ends of the ties round to the front and knot them at the front... I wear my corsets as undergarments anyway...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I pull the ends of the ties round to the front and knot them at the front...

Apparently not recommended, as the extra band of laces around the waist can pull the corset somewhat out of shape.

I've now left HHPlace. Feel free to use the means listed in my profile if you wish to contact me.

• 2 years later...

I was going to get a corset afew weeks ago, but thought I wouldnt be able to lace it on myself. I may get one now I have read this.

Has anyone ordered from here (UK website) www.Corsets-UK.com

The knack is called practice. And get a corset with a front busk. A busk is a pair of bones with studs and eyes. See attached photo.

Don't fool yourself into getting a silly tiny waist size. Be sensible and start with a reduction of no more than 4 or 5 inches. If you want a tighter one then you can probably get back most of the purchase price on Ebay and then buy another smaller one.

Here's a piece on solo lacing from Wasp Creation website.

http://www.waspcreations.com/solo.htm

Also here's what she recommends to do with the excess laces.

http://www.waspcreations.com/faq.htm#do%20with%20the%20laces

Never wrap the laces around your waist. This is a very quick way to ruin a corset.

Don't use a door handle. You can instantly break a corset this way. Also if the laces snap you are gonna land on your face!

I haven't heard anything about www.corsets-uk.com. They are really, really cheap. Might be good but might be awful Chinese made tat!

I would recommend trying a corset before buying one. It's not a feeling everyone likes... Go to a shop and ask to try. I'm sure every big UK town has a shop selling steel boned corsets nowadays. If you are shy phone them 1st and tell the truth. Any shop worth it's lingerie will want to help you.

Once you have tried a corset on and liked it then try someone like Vollers for off the peg. I have one of these http://www.vollers-corsets.com/corset/underbust-corset-v1891up/ and it's a lovely item.

If you want then try Desert Orchid Corsets http://www.desertorchidcorsets.co.uk/ they can make you a custom fitted corset for under £100, which is a bargain

When you have a spare year then have a look at http://www.staylace.com/ it's a huge site with every corset related topic you could ever need.

Happy lacing,

Ben

post-9545-133522912885_thumb.gif