Muscle Pain

Dragster

Question

I wore my 5" stiletto sandals at home last night for about 6 hours (much longer than I've done before), most of it on my feet, and on carpet. I've only had them since November and I don't wear them often, because my wife dislikes my fetish, but she was away for the night. I didn't have much trouble wearing them, except pain on the ball of my foot after 4 or 5 hours, which required a little rest from time to time. But today, I've felt an ache in my right calf muscle, similar to that after a hard gym session, or muscle cramp, and it's still there after a whole day. Does anyone else experience this, is it normal, and how long does it take to go away? I didn't notice any muscle problem while I had them on, but after all that time, it felt really peculiar taking them off, rather like coming down to earth! Your experience will be welcome, thanks, T

11 answers to this question

I`ve expirienced some of pain to, but it mostly happens when i start wearing heels after a period of abstinence, ie. not using my heels, it should go away in a couple of days, if it doesn't then you must consider visiting a doctor. sorry that you can't share with your wife. has she read something about how we really feel for heels, and that there's nothing that can persuade us from using them.

This means that the heels are way too high for you. Yoiu should work up to the height gradually over a period of a few hours.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

This means that the heels are way too high for you.

You should work up to the height gradually over a period of a few hours.

Not only are the heels much too high, but also, you have not properly conditioned your calf muscles with proper excercises. Some people try balancing on the balls of their bare feet while standing on the edge of a stairstep or thick book (about 1 to 5 minutes for a few days at a time). The weight must be brought up and down several times during this exercise.

Remember, heels are not playthings! :smile: A great deal of one's anatomy is employed in wearing them properly. The proper preconditioning does not happen just the moment you put on the shoes.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

...or, if you do treat them as playthings, please consider that they are toys that require skill and practice to use properly and safely-- like riding a motorcycle or sailing a boat. Without the proper balance and adequate muscle strength, sore muscles the day after are the least of your worries. Especially on stilettos, it is so easy to turn your ankle and sprain or even break it. Even experienced high heel wearers can have such an accident-- all it takes is one moment of inattention or carelessness.

Sore muscles the day after usually indicate muscles that are not accustomed to being used suddenly getting a thorough work-out. Standing in heels for long periods will definitely do that. It is actually less strain to walk in heels than it is to stand still in them. The muscles required to maintain your balance are at work constantly while you stand. Carpet (especially plush carpet) is more difficult to walk and balance on than a solid floor, and sandals offer the least ankle support of any styles of heels, requiring even more balance and muscle strength to wear well and safely.

Here is an excellent article on Achilles tendon pain and therapy, which includes exercises (along with illustrations) designed to strengthen the tendon and related muscle group. These exercises are excellent for wearing heels.

Thanks for all the replies so far. High_55, I'm a part time crossdresser too, and my wife of 37 years has a hard time coming to terms with that , she thinks it's all "disgusting". We're remain very happily married because the rest of our life together is brilliant and we love one another too much to let this issue drive us apart. Doesn't stop me trying to get her to understand that it really is an integral part of me, and is not a threat to our relationship. One day she might appreciate that, even if she never wants to see me wearing anything "feminine". Dr Shoe and Guy N. Heels, You may be right, but I get so little time to wear heels (see above) that I cannot build up to it gradually, and I really have a strong desire to wear the highest heels I can walk in. Wearing 5" stilettoes really pushes my buttons, and I'm sure many of you here know what I mean! Metalspikes, For a 63 year old (today!), I probably exercise my leg muscles more than most. I work out with a personal trainer (shared with my wife) twice a month, and run at least twice a week. The calf muscle pain is similar to what I experience in various muscle groups about 2 days after a gym work-out, so I expect it's the effect of lactic acid. Wearing my 5" heels for 6 hours has probably exercised my calf muscles in a different way. Most of the time I was walking about (not just standing), changing (female) clothes and walking to and from the camera to set up another pose. I did find out that ironing my bedclothes and making up my bed at the end of the session was when I noticed the sore soles, and had to take a couple of rests by sitting down for 10 minutes before continuing, but I suppose you more regular heel wearers are aware of that. You are all probably also aware of the pleasure and excitement I get from the few occasions I get the opportunity to hook up my stockings and strap on a pair of high heels (as well as the suspenders, corset, panties, bra, blouse and skirt or dress) and just spend a few hours dressed. Thanks again for your replies, T

I'm a part time crossdresser too, and my wife of 37 years has a hard time coming to terms with that , she thinks it's all "disgusting".

Ouch! That hurts...:sad:

We're remain very happily married because the rest of our life together is brilliant and we love one another too much to let this issue drive us apart.

Glad to hear that.

Doesn't stop me trying to get her to understand that it really is an integral part of me, and is not a threat to our relationship.

Yep, it's part of whatever she finds admirable and attractive in you. Unfortunate, that most people don't seem to get that.

Dr Shoe and Guy N. Heels,

You may be right, but I get so little time to wear heels (see above) that I cannot build up to it gradually, and I really have a strong desire to wear the highest heels I can walk in. Wearing 5" stilettoes really pushes my buttons, and I'm sure many of you here know what I mean!

I sure do! I think it's one of the reasons we CDers sometimes dress to extremes-- to get as much stimulation as possible out of the rare times we feel safe to indulge. I think it would be an entirely different experience if it were a natural part of our lives as it is for women, and not the sort of furtive, "forbidden fruits," taken on the sly, shameful thing it is for many of us. This is where I really appreciate the fashion freestyle philosophy, that you don't have to be female to enjoy some of the things that women enjoy.

Metalspikes,

For a 63 year old (today!),

Happy, happy Bday! :smile: and many, many more.

I probably exercise my leg muscles more than most. I work out with a personal trainer (shared with my wife) twice a month, and run at least twice a week. The calf muscle pain is similar to what I experience in various muscle groups about 2 days after a gym work-out, so I expect it's the effect of lactic acid. Wearing my 5" heels for 6 hours has probably exercised my calf muscles in a different way.

Yes, exactly. That's why different sports use different warm-up and conditioning exercise routines-- to target the specific muscles involved. I've seen calf lifts recommended by several people as an excellent exercise for strengthening the muscles and tendons involved in wearing heels.

Most of the time I was walking about (not just standing), changing (female) clothes and walking to and from the camera to set up another pose. I did find out that ironing my bedclothes and making up my bed at the end of the session was when I noticed the sore soles, and had to take a couple of rests by sitting down for 10 minutes before continuing, but I suppose you more regular heel wearers are aware of that

That is enough to stress out the muscles of even experienced heel wearers. Yes, one needs sit down and take a break every now and again.:wavey:

You'll all be pleased to know that the calf muscle "stiffness" eventually disappeared, but it took until Sunday morning before got up out of bed without feeling it. The last time muscle stiffmess lasted so long was with my biceps, after a punishing session in the gym with a trainer. Will I do it again? Of course I will, whenever the opportunity presents itself! It doesn't come very often now, with both of us retired, so a guryl's got to make the most of every chance she gets. Hasn't she??? T

This means that the heels are way too high for you.

Yoiu should work up to the height gradually over a period of a few hours.

Hours?

Rule of 6: Muscles take up to six days to acclimate to a new regimen. Tendons and other connective tissue take up to six weeks. Bones take up to six months.

Easy does it...

Yes - I find that wearing 6 in pumps causes calf muscle cramps. I read here that practice eases the pain as it strengthens the muscles. I wonder if such practice will help Senior Citizens who have trouble maintaining their balance while standing still. sven

Yes - I find that wearing 6 in pumps causes calf muscle cramps. I read here that practice eases the pain as it strengthens the muscles. I wonder if such practice will help Senior Citizens who have trouble maintaining their balance while standing still. sven

;):penitent:;)If a person (of whatever age) is already having trouble balancing and walking in reasonably low heels, then I'm inclined to say that high heels are out of the question! :penitent: Loss of balance and stability is a sure sign that many physical changes have/are occured/occuring and these are almost always irreversable. As a fahsion accessory and sometimes a sexual stimulant, high heels are simply not worth jeaporadising one's health over :penitent: One trip to the emergency room would easily negate any benefit one could possibly hope to obtain from heels.

You'll all be pleased to know that the calf muscle "stiffness" eventually disappeared, but it took until Sunday morning before got up out of bed without feeling it. The last time muscle stiffmess lasted so long was with my biceps, after a punishing session in the gym with a trainer.

Will I do it again? Of course I will, whenever the opportunity presents itself! It doesn't come very often now, with both of us retired, so a guryl's got to make the most of every chance she gets. Hasn't she???

T

(Please see my post in orange above.) Remember, heels are not playthings! :lmao: A great deal of one's anatomy is employed in wearing them properly. The proper preconditioning does not happen just the moment you put on the shoes.

Moreover, to deliberately jeaporadize one's health for high heels makes about as much sense as a screen door on a submarine! :w00t2: Especially when one can do the preconditioning exercises in just 15 minutes a day while wearing clothing of your choice (including pajamas, if you wish). :penitent: I would either wait until the SO ran out to the store for something, or else make it a point to get home about 20 minutes before she does and do them then.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels