feet under table

stellah

Is anyone had the necessity to keep the knees beside the desk in stead of under the desk because of high heels? And you can't put your feet vertical to the ground?

Just wondering... if colleagues notice this kindda thing :smile:

Posted Image

HH forever!

Can't say I've had to do that - but I'm sure I'd notice if someone else did it! The closest I've had is squeezing into the car and having to tuck my knees under the steering wheel because I've got heels on. Oh, and very nice picture, Stellah!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Well, let's here from someone who wears heels for everything, maybe... :smile: At work, when I am in the front, helping peopl in person, I sometimes have to swing to the side. See, we have a service conuter, people can pay bills as well as have their problems solved. if I am there and have to take a payment, then I need to either move back in my chair (it has wheels) or swivel to the side. When I sit out there and cross my legs, I always have to turn my chair to the side in order to work. At my desk in the back, I place my feet on the roller legs and point my knees nuder the desk. Long legs, however, usually mean that I cannot cross my legs when sitting at any desk or table, one knee always ends up pressed against the underside.

Well for me I do have this problem with a heels of 5" or higher - the my leg dosn't fit well under the desk in that mentioned vertical position. So I need to postion my knee/legs a little to the side - well some position like shwon on the picture above....

I don't wear heels to work, so I can say anything about desks. But when I go out to a restaurant in heels, I often do have to swing my legs to the side. That often makes them come out from under the table (in those "cozy" restaurants with small tables), so that everyone can see them. Just fine with me.

No problems. If heels are too high for the desk, you can always angle your legs to one side and cross at the ankle. I only wear 4.5" or less to work anyway, not like the 6" ones shown in the picture. I don't think I've ever seen anyone wearing heels that high to work :smile:

since i don't wear heels to work i can't say. however, when i am sitting at my computer at home, if i have anything over 5" my knees don't fit under the desk, and expecially when i am wearing my 7" heels - - no way!! but i do like laurieheels does, put my foot on the roller legs of the chair or like stellah does, you lean one shoe over and sit kind of sideways.

patent leather and classic high heel pumps area.

I quite like HH for driving too. The only problem is that you tend to trash the back of the heels if you do. I've scratched the back of my fave wedgies like this, so I probably won't do that any more. Alternatively, there must be a carpet mat thing I could buy or something...

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

with respect to driving with heels ands the damage caused to them, I find that changing form the standard rubber ribbed mat that is under the pedals should be changed for something softer and less irregular. Wearing my 3" boots, I experience no real difference but higher heels would suffer. Unfortunately, unlike a desk, you can't put your feet out to the side when driving a car !! but we're drifting off topic again :smile:

Not a problem at the computer, which desk has no center drawer. But the regular desk - no way can I get under it without bending to the side or sitting sideways, especially with the 6.5 in. platforms! I just drove the big, American car for the first time wearing platform heels. No problem except you miss the feel of the pedals. I have driven a Porsche with non-platform stilettos, but no way with platforms.

Okay. Time to jump back in. One, I put down a towel in my car when I wear heels for driving, and I have driven in heels up to five and a half inches. The towel protects the shoes. If I am wearing my reeboks, I put the towel under my seat. I learned the hard way about damaging shoes. I did not use the towel for my favourite sandals because of the clear plastic heels. They are tough and take the abuse without looking damaged. But I did wear off the fabric on the very back end of the sole above the heel. In winter, things get bad here, but we'll see how winter goes with multiple towels, changed often to keep the car clean.

When I'm driving I use a sheepskin pad that I found advertised in a cheap/gimmick catalogue that we have put through the door here in the UK, to go over the hard bit by the pedals to protect my heels. As for my feet under the desk I'm quite lucky as I don't seem to have any problem unlike the carpet under it, which is "a little bit" damaged, though my boss doesn't seem to mind because he bought me a carpet mat for it. How nice! Sue :smile:

I have to high chair near computer it is on the lowest position and i like playing games having keyboard on my knees. Most comfortable is when I have HH on, then my position is quite ergonomic. But in living room i have to keep my legs beside the low-table