My First Pair of Blades

JeffB

After a good deal of waiting, and hoping I'd find them in my size, I finally bought my very first pair of blades, they being a cool pair of boots from Payless:

http://www.payless.com/payless/images/beauty/018330_beauty.gif

I wasted no time wearing them to work on Casual Friday and they looked great with my jeans. My co-workers were really impressed with the boots and how well they looked on me. The blade (or "illusion") heel design is so striking and lends itself well to jeans or tailored slacks. I can see I'll be getting a lot of use out of those new boots, what with Fall right around the corner!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

They're nice. I have a similar pair myself, that are waiting for slightly more confidence. Perhaps next time I'm in London... (Checks diary, swears gently...)

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Ugly, Terayon? Well, as the old saying goes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think they look rather sharp. And while I do wear pumps a lot, I just resist those boots which will make a fine fall and winter addition to my closet. And, with a four inch heel, they'll do just fine for wear at the office. :-)

After a good deal of waiting, and hoping I'd find them in my size, I finally bought my very first pair of blades, they being a cool pair of boots from Payless:

http://www.payless.com/payless/images/beauty/018330_beauty.gif

I wasted no time wearing them to work on Casual Friday and they looked great with my jeans. My co-workers were really impressed with the boots and how well they looked on me. The blade (or "illusion") heel design is so striking and lends itself well to jeans or tailored slacks. I can see I'll be getting a lot of use out of those new boots, what with Fall right around the corner!

They're really ok. I got several blades but not yet one in that style. I'd buy them also if I would see them somewhere and they'd fit me.

The only thing that would hold me back is the material that they are made of. For some reason I tend to think that only leather boots can fit well. That's nonsense of course, I tried a few of my boots which have been in storage for a year or so, most of them made from synthetic materials. I had forgotten how great they were!

Bert

What's all the fuss about?

Well, Bert, I keep all my shoes in the original boxes that they came in, both leather and synthetic so they'd keep better. Being a 13 wide, it was difficult to find blades in my size until I saw those boots at Payless, so that made for quite a treat. And those boots were very comfortable, which made for an even more enjoyable experience.

A thing to remember about heel heights is for every size you can add about 1/4" to keep the same proportions. Thus a 4" in a size 5 would need to be 5" in a size 9 an 6" in a size 13 to retain the same proportions. Or, put another way, 4" in a size 13 have the same elevation effect as 3" in a size 9 or 2" in a size 5. It's not a linear relationship, so this is a slight simplification. (all sizes US).

Well, the toe on those boots, while flat isn't narrow, it's almost square which lends an added measure of comfort. As for the heels, they're four inches.

I bought my first pair too, ankle boots, 3.5 inch heel, 3 inch suits me best but these are pretty comfortable, sorry I can't show a pic. I like thin heels better. The young woman sales assistant was very helpful as I explained my exacting needs. I was wearing spike heels and as I showed her these to help explain what I wanted, she said she couldn't wear heels like that. I explained they were really easier for me to wear than wider heels. Obviously lots of women doubt their ability to wear spikes. My blades - wider and not super thin - 2 inch wide and just over half inch front to back - will certainly be kinder to wooden floors but I hope I don't have too much trouble with uneven wear. I won't be able to fix heel tips myself like I can usually with spike tips.