width issue

I have touched on this before but now it's an issue I'm ready to get semi-serious about. I have pretty large feet -- I wear a US Men's 11 -- but I have very wide feet. This usually means I have to go a size up and get Wide since most brands don't have extra Wide shoes. Where I'm heading is this: I have a fascination with ballets and always have -- may even consider it a fetish -- and I would like to get some of my own but I don't want to risk permanent damage because of a curiosity and I'd like to be able to enjoy any wearing time I would have. I get the impression that all brands of ballets only have Narrow shoes so is there a way to get around it without having to buy custom made shoes? Thanks for any responses, -Eric

Look for ballets that lace up, you will get a little more "give" with the width. You want ballets to be tight so they will grip your foot firmly. Otherwise your foot will slide down inside the shoe and all your weight will be supported by the ends of your toes -- that's an exquisitely painful experience!

Have a happy time!

I wear a mens 13 but medium width. I find that the Devious brand ballets are actually too wide for me and I have to modify them in order to compensate for the width and my weight, 280 pounds. I would think that with your width unless your feet are unusually wide that the Devious ballets may work. Best if you could try them on first or at least find a shop with an easy exchange policy.