comfort ranking

stellah

How do you think the order for better (more comfortable) wear for highheels are? I know this will be purely personal and subjective, but that is the interesting part! For the sake of equal comparison let's assume all heels are 5 inches. List 1: footwear type List 2: heel type Mine: List 1: 1. boots 2. wedges 3. mules 4. sandals 5. slingbacks 6. pumps 7. platforms 8. no heel (ballet) List 2: 1. block 2. blade 3. stiletto 4. round 5. pony 6. ballet Feel free to express your opinions and tastes... :smile:

HH forever!

platforms should not be at the end of the list....if you have an arguement that they dont look nice, fine, but if you think they arent as comfortable you are just trying to take your point way too far.....platforms are more comfortable than shoes without platforms (over a certain height), they are easier to walk on and more comfortable.....

Terayon, Stellah was asking you to list them types to your preference, not have a go because you don't like the choices Stellah has written. So, instead of attacking before you've read the post properly, how about reading it and then adding your list. Participate, not denegrate! ---- In my own list I would add another category and that's for just wearing, but not walking (some people do have this interest, especially those who can't walk in heels :smile:) List 1. 1. boots 2. pumps/courts 3. sandals 4. platforms 5. slingbacks 6. ballets 7. mules 8. wedges 9. no heels (yuck!) List 2. 1. block 2. blade 3. stiletto 4. column 5. no heels (double yuck!) :grin: Just for wearing and not walking 1. ballets 2. pumps/courts 3. boots and the rest per list 1 :grin:

Mine go like this: List 1: 1. boots 2. wedges 3. pumps 4. platforms 5. slingbacks 6. mules 7. sandals 8. no heel (ballet) List 2: 1. block 2. blade 3. stiletto 4. round 5. pony 6. ballet

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

Hi, I prefer wedges - in a more cloed styles that means anything between pumps and boots. But I don't understand that kind of listing - for me the wedge is a heels style, like block or stiletto and not a shoe style like pumps or sandals - or how is a pair of wedges with stilettoes looking like? Joak

Like Joak I don't understand the logic of the listings. How can a "wedge" compare with a "boot" or a "platform". You could have platform boots or wedge boots or the "platforms" can have a large lift or no lift all of which affects comfort. So while I'm unable to order the lists, I'll say my favourite styles for comfort are boots and mules. In fact those are the main styles I'll actually wear. A small platform 1/2" or so can enhance the look of the style and increase the heel as well as adding to comfort. The heel shape doesn't matter. I'm equally comfortble in thicker heels or stilettos.

List 1. 1. 1-2cm platform boots 2. 1-2cm platform mules 3. 1-2cm platform slingbacks 4. Avia, Saucony, or New Balance anti-pronation running shoes 5. ANY Men's dress shoes or boots (double yuck!) List 2. 1. 15-20 sq cm plastic capped block 2. blade 3. relatively larger block, plastic capped 4. narrow, almost-stiletto 5. any soft rubber block or wedge heel (yuck-can't walk normally unless they are runners, e.g. low heel)

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks