World Heel Meet 2008, London: Sat. Feb. 16th

kneehighs

I'm in a hurry as I am off to meet friends in Noho's Butter for dinner. The great news is that Heeluis is an officially confirmed attendee for Friday and Saturday nights. He arrives Friday night and flys back to Hamburg on Sunday night. Looks like we are headed for a Grand Slam as far as attendance is concerned for this meet!

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I'm in a hurry as I am off to meet friends in Noho's Butter for dinner.

The great news is that Heeluis is an officially confirmed attendee for Friday and Saturday nights. He arrives Friday night and flys back to Hamburg on Sunday night.

Looks like we are headed for a Grand Slam as far as attendance is concerned for this meet!

Indeed. Can we make it 40?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I think 40 could happen. Here is a current list of attendees:

PROBABLE ATTENDEES

1. kneehighs--United States

2. iloveboots--Canada

3. Mrs. iloveboots--Canada

4. admirer5577--Sweden

5. Dr. Shoe--England

6. Pumps--Sweden

7. ramon020--Holland, confirmed over phone with kneehighs

8. euchrid--England

9. thedesigner--England

10. Mrs. thedesigner.

11. Heelfan--England

12. dww--England

13. FreeMannWorld--Denmark

14. shakedown--England

15. Calv--England

16. Xa--England

17. heeltoe_at150--United States

18. Mrs. heeltoe_at150--United States

19. Firefox--England

20. Pam--United States, confirmed via kneehighs

21. teanna71--England

22. 5inchlover--England, confirmed via iloveboots

23. crotchhiboots--United States

24. Ian--France, from Jean-Gaborit boots. confirmed for 1 night with iloveboots

25. a3--Holland. confirmed through email with kneehighs

26. Loveshiheels--England

27. booty_lover--England , confirmed through iloveboots

28. Cinnamon--England

29. mikeheel--England

30. Mrs. mikeheel--England

31. Dougal--England

32. Richie--England

33. Nigel--England, train ticket purchase confirmed via pm with kneehighs

34. heeluis--Germany, airfare and Euston hotel confirmation with kneehighs

35. Beeblebrox--Sweden

POSSIBLE ATTENDEES

1. ChantalTV--Holland

2. altf--England

3. foxylady--England, corresponding with iloveboots

4. gj--Holland

5. Milliesheels--Holland

6. Mrs. Milliesheels--Holland

7. Daan Heels--Holland

8. Mrs. Daan Heels--Holland

Absolutely incredible response to this year's upcoming 3rd Annual World Heel Meet! Kneehighs, congrats and thank you for the awesome effort you put into this incredible event for all of us. NOTE: Those members who have booked or are wanting to book a hotel for the 3rd Annual World Heel Meet, we have made a major change to the group hotel venue. See the Topic "2008 World Heel Meet Group Hotel Info". We are no longer able to support the negotiated group hotel rate at the Thistle Euston as we have not met the minimum number of rooms. david & cathy

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

I havebooked on Friday the 21th for two nigthts and they confirmed the rate you have negotiated!

My friend for almost two years now!

Our group package special will be/has been cancelled. Your best bet is to recontact Lea at the Thistle to confirm your cancellation, to avoid any unnecessary charges to your credit card.

Please check your personal email as I have sent you some info.

:santa_hat:

Announcing World Heel Meet 2008

Dinner Plans

17:30 Tas Ev Restaurant

I finally got a chance to beat the time zone difference and make a dinner reservation with Mehmet at Tas Ev Restaurant for 20-25 people on Saturday Feb. 16th at 17:30.

It's a Turkish restaurant. You can read their reviews here. Their website link is here. Apparently, this venue is known to have a very diverse wine and vegetarian menu as well.

The walk to the restaurant is about a mile from The Miller, making it easily accessible. Also the prices are reasonable, making it affordable to all socio-economic budgets.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

EDIT: this leaves us with the following general outline for the 2008 World Heel Meet Weekend:

Thursday: dinner at Sergios. Possible lunch time meet up

Friday: lunch at Saigon Buffet in East London, quick visit to Dee's, shopping in Camden Town, Oxford Street.

Dinner plans to be announced.

Saturday: 10:30-17:00 The Miller for Annual World Heel Meet--some will go shopping, I will stay most of the time to take pictures (only of those who consent to having their picture taken).

17:30-19:30 Dinner at Tas Ev

Nightclub plans.

Sunday Dinner plans to be announced

Announcing World Heel Meet 2008

Dinner Plans

17:30 Tas Ev Restaurant

I finally got a chance to beat the time zone difference and make a dinner reservation with Mehmet at Tas Ev Restaurant for 20-25 people on Saturday Feb. 16th at 17:30.

It's a Turkish restaurant. You can read their reviews here. Their website link is here. Apparently, this venue is known to have a very diverse wine and vegetarian menu as well.

The walk to the restaurant is about a mile from The Miller, making it easily accessible. Also the prices are reasonable, making it affordable to all socio-economic budgets.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

EDIT: this leaves us with the following general outline for the 2008 World Heel Meet Weekend:

Thursday: dinner at Sergios. Possible lunch time meet up

Friday: lunch at Saigon Buffet in East London, quick visit to Dee's, shopping in Camden Town, Oxford Street.

Dinner plans to be announced.

Saturday: 10:30-17:00 The Miller for Annual World Heel Meet--some will go shopping, I will stay most of the time to take pictures (only of those who consent to having their picture taken).

17:30-19:30 Dinner at Tas Ev

Nightclub plans.

Sunday Dinner plans to be announced

I wish I was going now! That sounds like a good restaurant.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

I've just received word from airwolf that he will be joining us for the World Heel Meet 2008 Weekend in London. He will arrive late Thursday night and leave back for the states on Tuesday.

This brings our total list of probable attendees to 36. I'd venture it safe to say that at this point we will clear 40+ attendees.

One piece of advice I have: the closer to 10:30 a.m. you can show up at The Miller, the better. This will create more opportunities to socialize with new people you haven't had the chance to meet yet.

PROBABLE ATTENDEES

1. kneehighs--United States, I arrive Sunday Feb. 10th.

2. iloveboots--Canada

3. Mrs. iloveboots--Canada

4. admirer5577--Sweden

5. Dr. Shoe--England

6. Pumps--Sweden

7. ramon020--Holland, confirmed over phone with kneehighs

8. euchrid--England

9. thedesigner--England

10. Mrs. thedesigner.

11. Heelfan--England

12. dww--England

13. FreeMannWorld--Denmark

14. shakedown--England

15. Calv--England

16. Xa--England

17. heeltoe_at150--United States

18. Mrs. heeltoe_at150--United States

19. Firefox--England

20. Pam--United States, confirmed via kneehighs

21. teanna71--England

22. 5inchlover--England, confirmed via iloveboots

23. crotchhiboots--United States

24. Ian--France, from Jean-Gaborit boots. confirmed for 1 night with iloveboots

25. a3--Holland. confirmed through email with kneehighs

26. Loveshiheels--England

27. booty_lover--England , confirmed through iloveboots

28. Cinnamon--England

29. mikeheel--England

30. Mrs. mikeheel--England

31. Dougal--England

32. Richie--England

33. Nigel--England, train ticket purchase confirmed via pm with kneehighs

34. heeluis--Germany, airfare and City Inn Westminster hotel confirmation with kneehighs

35. Beeblebrox--Sweden, confirmed with kneehighs

36. airwolf--United States, confirmed via Private Message with kneehighs. Staying at Quality Inn Westminster by Victoria Station

POSSIBLE ATTENDEES

1. ChantalTV--Holland

2. altf--England

3. foxylady--England, corresponding with iloveboots

4. gj--Holland

5. Milliesheels--Holland

6. Mrs. Milliesheels--Holland

7. Daan Heels--Holland

8. Mrs. Daan Heels--Holland

KH, Hi m8, it certainly look like it is going to be a great meet. I regret not being able to attend, however, as in previous years will there be a Friday Luncheon meeting? I have penciled this in my diary just in case it goes ahead. I loved Morgan M's last year, so much so, I have been back again. TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

KH,

Hi m8, it certainly look like it is going to be a great meet. I regret not being able to attend, however, as in previous years will there be a Friday Luncheon meeting? I have penciled this in my diary just in case it goes ahead.

I loved Morgan M's last year, so much so, I have been back again.

TB2

I didn't make it to Morgan M's last year so maybe we can do that again ? What kind of food was it there ?

The World Heel Meet 2008 as depicted on Adzooks.co.uk, a free online classified ad trove.

Hopefully this generates some traffic to hhplace as well as some interest in the meet.

If anyone objects to the back of their head being shown in the picture, please contact me so I can delete the photo. Thanks.

Only a few more weeks now, time to switch into high gear. :santa_hat:

http://www.hallolondon.co.uk/index.html?op=3&id=122667

Good news! You can put me (and my GF) back on the list. Turns out my dad and family are flying in on the 16th but I probably won't see them until the 17th as he'll be arriving in the evening (they're staying at my aunt's so she will be picking them up). So I will definitely be able to make the meet and the meal. :santa_hat:

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Heel-D--that is absolutely fantastic news. I'll add you and your SO immediately.

Special thanks goes to Richie for plugging the World Heel Meet on hhplace.org's front page. :santa_hat:

I think it's safe to predict that we will clear 40+ attendees at this meet--I'd put money on it at this point.

The closer to 10:30 that people arrive at The Miller, the better.

I'll be taking pictures and documenting this historic event with my Canon EOS 40D. Naturally, I won't post pictures of people who object to having their picture taken,

BUT

I would like to take a wide angle shot of everyone standing in a row, with their backs to the camera, side by side. You can turn your face exposing your profile to the camera, or you can keep the back of your head faced towards the lens. One foot will face towards your front, the other will be perpendicular to the camera--exposing the heel.

The object will be to create a stunning picture that is not only appreciated for it's artistic composition, but one that can be used to promote future World Heel Meets as well. I want as many people in the picture as possible at one time. Of course, there are other creative possibilities...maybe we could get a couple of ladders and place them in mirror images of each other and have guys/gals climbing the ladders, guys/gals underneath the ladders, and guys/gals to the sides.

See you all there!!

Guest Loveshiheels

Has there been any plans made for Friday night. I expect to get to the hotel at around 7.30 pm, but could arrive sooner if theres something going on.