World Heel Meet 2008, London: Sat. Feb. 16th

kneehighs

There are lots of new faces at this event. For the benefit of them, and for us old pharts with short memories, it might be an idea to organise name tags for one or two of the earlier events in the hotel. Xa

There are lots of new faces at this event.

For the benefit of them, and for us old pharts with short memories, it might be an idea to organise name tags for one or two of the earlier events in the hotel.

Xa

Indeed, we will be applying your idea Xa! Thanks.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

We are at 24 probable attendees right now. That excludes Fog and Mrs. Fog, who have historically attended every other World Heel Meet.

There are additional names that will be added the closer to Feb we get.

For updates, please visit the Calendar section post, thanks:

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2008-2-16&e=9&c=1

If you are thinking of attending now is the time to indicate to one of the committee members, i.e. Kneehighs, Admirer5577, Dr. Shoe our ourselves (iloveboots) to include you on the attendee list. Now is also the time to book your group hotel room (see the group hotel thread for instructions) as rooms are going quickly. Remember, we only have until mid-December for the special rate we have negotiated, after that it will be at the regular rate which is more than double! Currently it costs you nothing to book your hotel just follow the instructions and a credit card holds your room, the hotel is not taking a deposit. We also have folks looking for room mates so you can split the cost, that makes your hotel, taxes and full english breakfast less than 50UKL per night! That rate is hard to beat in London!!! ONLY 140 DAYS TO THE MEET !!!!! it will go quickly. david & cathy

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

Fantastic news has just been passed to me from iloveboots. Ian from Jean-Gaborit boots has confirmed his attendance at the WHM 2008! That raises the expected attendees to 25 now. For future updates please visit the calendar section post. Thanks.

Ian. It will be a pleasure to meet you. It's probably safe to assume that every other attendee is looking forward to meeting you as well.

iloveboots! Thanks for all your extraordinary help with this meet. 8)

edit

Reminder: Flea Market Table

Just wanted to remind everyone about our Flea Market Table we will be having at the 2008 WHM. Bring your shoes to trade, sell, and possibly give away to charity as well.

Great news! I've just received confirmation from a3 that he will be joining us from Wednesday until Sunday at the World Heel Meet 2008! To find out how many people are expected to attend, visit the calendar section post

Wooohooo!8):unsure:

Heelfan also told me on the phone that there is a SMALL chance that he might be able to attend. I've thus added him to the Possible Attendees in the calendar section.

I may be attending, oh and by the way, I'm new here, so hello everyone.

Hey! You've been added to the list of possible attendees. Remember one important thing about the meet that begins at The Miller. Everything literally occurs behind closed doors...literally. You can wear flats from the tube or car if you feel like it, then change into heels later when indoors and enjoy the good company of many men like yourself. And if the urge to street heel builds, you can step out for a quick stroll around the block too.

Looking forward to having you there.

Awesome news...look forward to connecting again with a3!!

david & cathy

Great news! I've just received confirmation from a3 that he will be joining us from Wednesday until Sunday at the World Heel Meet 2008! To find out how many people are expected to attend, visit the calendar section post

Wooohooo!8):unsure:

Heelfan also told me on the phone that there is a SMALL chance that he might be able to attend. I've thus added him to the Possible Attendees in the calendar section.

• 2 weeks later...

I am pleased to announce that Heelfan is graciously donating his time -- even if he does not wind up attending the World Heel Meet 2008 -- to securing the means to donate to a special charity in London that can make use of our unwanted larger sized shoes. More to come later as information develops.

• 2 weeks later...

Current list of attendees expected for the World Heel Meet 2008

PROBABLE ATTENDEES

1. kneehighs--United States

2. iloveboots--Canada

3. Mrs. iloveboots--Canada

4. admirer5577--Sweden

5. Dr. Shoe--England

6. Pumps--Sweden

7. ramon020--Holland

8. euchrid--England

9. thedesigner--England

10. Mrs. thedesigner.

11. HeelD--England

12. HeelD's SO--Wales

13. dww--England

14. FreeMannWorld--Denmark

15. shakedown--England

16. Calv--England

17. Xa--England

18. heeltoe_at150--United States

19. Mrs. heeltoe_at150--United States

20. Firefox--England

21. Pam--United States, confirmed via kneehighs

22. teanna71--England

23. 5inchlover--England, confirmed via iloveboots

24. crotchhiboots--100% confirmed through kneehighs, confirmation post soon to follow

25. Ian--France, from Jean-Gaborit boots. confirmed for 1 night with iloveboots

26. a3--Holland. confirmed through email with kneehighs

27. Loveshoes--England

28. booty_lover--England , confirmed through iloveboots

POSSIBLE ATTENDEES

1. ChantalTV--Holland

2. Heelfan--England, corresponding with kneehighs by phone

3. altf--England

4. foxylady--England, corresponding with iloveboots

5. gj--Holland

Guest Loveshiheels

I have booked a twin room for for Saturday 16 feb. Still looking for a room mate. May also book Friday night later.

I have booked a twin room for for Saturday 16 feb. Still looking for a room mate. May also book Friday night later.

Fantastic. Thanks for the information. I'll personally make sure iloveboots is aware of your need for a roommate.

Am already looking forward to meeting you in person. The stay at the hotel will truly be a worthwhile experience.

hi all! to what airport do 'we' fly to be as close to the hotel as possible?

Stansted, Luton or Gatwick. Easyjet have lots of flights to all of these from Schipol. For Gatwick and Luton the Thameslink line takes you to Kings Cross, close to the hotel.

Sorry If I sound dumb, but reading through the main thread I don't quite see what to do next. I would love to come , with my wife, but who do I book with/pay etc. There must be an overnight stay option perhaps?. My position is :I love high heeled shoes and boots and wear them out and about plenty... (and wear them out plenty :smile: ) !!:

You won't get me wearing flat shoes...I really can't do it.

Yes you can stay overnight... Please see this thread:

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/real_life_meetings/8554-2008_world_heelmeet_group_hotel_info.html

Just tell us that you intend to come and that will be enough for now. We will be looking for £6.50 per person to cover the cost of the buffet which we will be starting to collect in a couple of weeks or so...

Watch this space!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Look forward to having you and your wife join us MikeHeel. As Dr Shoe has noted, just advise here in a post or in a PM to Dr Shoe, Kneehighs, Admirer5577, or ourselves that you will be attending. That way we get a good idea of numbers to expect. The hotel deal is a great one but you must reserve before Dec 15th for the special group rate. We also have get together's planned for thursday and friday the 14/15th and these will be posted here. Cathy and I will be in London from the 13th to the 19th and will always be ready to join any members on a city exploration, dining, lunch, theatre etc. Cheers, david & cathy