World Heel Meet 2008, London: Sat. Feb. 16th

kneehighs

Announcing HHPLACE.ORG's Third Annual World Heel Meet!

London, England

Saturday

February 16, 2008

10:30 a.m. to 17:00

at The Miller

Introducing the 2008 World Heel Meet Committee

Okay peeps! Time to kick off next years Annual World Heel Meet. In 2006, we broke the attendance record with 19 attendees from 4 different countries. In 2007, we had 28 total attendees from 7 different countries attend. Now in 2008, we expect to bring in upwards of 40-50 attendees.

Now why would the 2008 meet expect so many people to attend? Because we had sooo much fun at the heel meet last year! But in addition to that, for the 2008 meet, we have a 4 person Heel Meet Committee organizing the meet. That's right! It's not just good ol kneehighs putting together everything by himself anymore:

iloveboots from Vancouver will be as much a key player in this as I was alone. He will assist in promotion, coordination of group hotel rate discounts, and will make the announcement for our night club festivity on Saturday. My gratitude already goes out to him for his help. Plus, we will all get to meet his great wife at the meet!

admirer5577 from Sweden will be answer all your follow up questions, as well as manage events on the day of the meet. So if after checking for updates in the calendar section,, if anyone has any questions, please contact admirer5577 for any answers you seek, via pm or email before the meet, or in person or cell during the meet. He will know as much about this meet as I will. Thanks for his willingness to help is already extended!~

Dr. Shoe will also be a key local contact for the meet. He will assist in local organizational planning as well as lend his incredible enthusiasm to the event planning stages as it unfolds. Not only do I owe him thanks for moderating this great forum, but now even more so with his contribution to the upcoming meet.

With this committee of four people working in harmony, we will provide everyone with the greatest possible heel meet experience. The contributions of admirer5577, iloveboots, and Dr Shoe will free up my time to manage a charity fundraiser for the meet and dedicate more of my time to promoting this event. Watch the Real Life threads section closely as we will be updating our schedule of events regularly. Most notably, you will see that we have a theme for the 2008 Meet.

COME AS YOU WILL BE IN 2013

Join us for a celebration that will stretch your imagination and catapult you into your own future!

Arrive as who you will be 5 years from now. Dress your very best. Speak only in the present tense the entire day, as if it were already 2013, all your goals have been achieved and all your dreams have already come true.

You have already "come out of the closet." You have integrated heels into your life at work, with family, with friends. You have found harmony with yourself and others. Bring props to show everyone what you have achieved in the years between, such as new freestyle outfits, stories of successfully selling the public on the legitimacy of our community, magazine editorials of men in heels, Vogue cover shots of men in heels, etc.

New Vendor Exhibitions

Yes that's right! We will have a couple of vendors present who will bring a small supply of shoes to exhibit for us. So bring an extra pound or two! You don't want to miss this!

New hhplace.org Flea Market Table

Having a hard time finding that exact shoe you want in your size? Or ever wondered how to get rid of a pair of shoes that you don't want anymore? We've got both angles covered with the new hhplace.org Flea Market Table. Bring your shoes to display at the table and trade or sell them to fellow hhplace members!

New Group Workshops

Have you ever wondered what it would be like if you wore your heels to work? Well, we know someone that does that already! And he'll be there to tell us about the challenges inherent in streetheeling in economically sensitive situations. Discussions about the merits of men taking back what was originally and historically designed for men will follow!

A few other exciting mini workshops are in their developmental stages. Be sure to pick up a flyer when you get to The Miller designating the times for each workshop.

Group Dinner

Of course we'll be concluding the day's event with a great dinner. Keep watch of this thread in the calendar section for updates.

New Special Group Hotel Rates

From 1989 to 1994 the business iloveboots ran was a value added hotel rate directory program with over 10,000 hotels listed that iloveboots re-negotiated the rates for every year with these hotels directly as well as in groups. iloveboots will be posting a special thread for those interested in the special group hotel program.

New Charity Fundraiser

For this meet, I am setting up a site with a reputable charity donation processing center. Interested and financially capable members can make a donation from as small as one pound to as large as their wallets can handle. I will never touch the money personally and the accumulation of funds will be updated on a daily basis, tallying a new total for the World Heel Meet contribution to charity. When the date of the fundraising ends, the money will be sent directly to the charity on behalf of the World Heel Meet 2008. This will be an amazing way to contribute to the community as well as develop a positive awareness of our unique freestyling niche.

Exclusive Use of The Miller

Ask anyone who came to The Miller for the 2007 meet. The Miller did the trick in providing one roof under which everyone could comfortably congregate, talk, and get to know each other. The Miller ordinarily won't open it's doors until 18:00. For 2007, they opened early for us at 12:00. For 2008, they will open their doors extra early at 10:30, just for the World Heel Meet Attendees.

A special Pay Pal pre-payment system will be set up by Dr. Shoe, where we will be taking payment of 6 pounds in advance for interested attendees. The account through which the funds will be stored will be available for public audit, thereby eliminating any fears that the money is being mismanaged or wasted.

New Annual World Heel Meet Guestbook

When you come, be sure to sign our guestbook. As this meet grows and develops momentum in the future, this will be a fun reference point for cataloging our growth.

Pre-Heel Meet Festivities

For those really excited about coming, we'll be getting together starting Friday night for dinner~!~ Wath the Real Life Meets section closely for upcoming information!

Regular Calendar Section Updates

The final source for all Heel Meet activities will be officially posted in the calendar section. While posts in this thread will no doubt become complex with details, rest assured that all plans will be neatly summarized personally by me in the calendar section.

Share In Our Group Promotion Efforts

Back in 2006 I had a bigger vision than just ONE heel meet. I knew that if I could stand the test of time and follow through on a great idea, that one day we could possibly grow this meet beyond the borders of hhplace.org and include other people from outside hhplace.org as well. In 2007, that vision started to gain momentum, and in 2008 through the direction of the Heel Meet Committee and contributions of fellow members, we'll likely eclipse anything I ever achieved on my own. I expect our promotions to extend online well beyond hhplace.org.

A Special thanks goes to Richie for starting up an online marketing campaign idea here. Our goal is to get the World Heel Meet 2008 on the Front Page of Digg.com Richie's additional willingness to contribute in ways that only an Admin can contribute are also appreciated. The more ways we can figure out how to spread the word about our meet, the better. And even if you can't contribute by attending the heel meet, you can spend just five minutes registering for a Digg.com account, you could help build the World Heel Meet presence up even more.

Directions

Posted Image

The Miller

96 Snowsfields Road, London Bridge

London SE 1 3SS

Posted Image

Printable GOOGLE MAP

By Tube: London Bridge Station

There are a few parking spots in front of The Miller for early birds. For those that come later, parking is available nearby on the street.

On behalf of the 2008 World Heel Meet Committee, we look forward to a hospitable and enjoyable time with fellow freestylers. Again, for additional information, please field your questions to admirer5577. Thanks and see you there!

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

So who going to come? I'm there! I fly in on Wed night. iloveboots and his wife will be there (3) admirer5577 will be there (4) Dr. Shoe will be there (5) Who else will be there? euchrid? shakedown? Xaphod? Firefox? Fog? Mrs.Fog? HeelD? HeelD's SO? Others? Lets let the list grow!

Kneehighs, This sounds like an A++ excellent event to me. On behalf of the entire heeling community, I'd like to say many thanks to you guys for masterminding and organising it. I shall definitely be there, subject only to something unforeseen occuring in the meantime - a flash flood, earthquake, railway/tube strike or some other miscellaneous Act of God (or my wife!)

Always High-Heel Responsibly

It will be an A++ event! Not that the last one wasn't great but this will be even better. We are now four people arranging it, each with skills in different areas. We actually started the planning Sunday after the last meeting, when we were still in London. All of you who haven't been to a meeting before, start the planning now and contact us as soon as you can. We will work out a good rate for hotel/hotels in order we can make it as affordable as possible for all who wants to come. If you have any questions or want to put your name on the list, please PM me and I will make sure your name is put up on the list. See you guys in London next February.

euchrid Glad you appreciate it! I can't wait! Hopefully there are no sudden unexpected events that transpire to stop you from joining us. I can already see you and shakedown playing a game of pool...

thedesigner Once a heel meeter, always a heel meeter! If you look at the history of who attends heel meets, you will find that once someone goes to a meet, they will generally want to go to another, and another, and another. I sincerely look forward to seeing what types of killer outfits you and your wife arrange for each other based on your mutual magazine inspirations. Killer stilettos with some skinny pants by chance?

Cathy & I are on countdown to the World Heel Meet 2008. Definitely an A+++ Event! We hope to meet many other couples who share and enjoy heels together and the many many friends from HHPlace. Everyone, we have a number of chats going on with hotels in London for the heelmeet. We should have the hotels/rates/booking details etc very shortly. Stay tuned for the thread "2008 Worldwide Heelmeet Accommodations". Cheers, david

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

What about cost?

Airfare, say 400.00 pounds

Hotel will be 200 at the most

Spending money for dining out say another 200 quid.

You will need around 800 pounds to do it though you can get the airfare and hotel cheaper but let's look at what you need to do to get to London next february:

You need to save a hundred pounds a month or 25 a week. If you can put 3.30 in a jar every day then YOU WILL be able to join us for what will be the event of your life. Even if you get a second job or sell some stuff on Ebay you can do it easily.

At the moment I am on vacation in Cyprus and I really aim to return in October 2008. I will stay with my brother who lives here so all I need is airfare, car hire and spending money, all together 1000 pounds. I have 18 months to get this money together I only need to save 50 quid a month! will I do it? You bet!!!!

It's just a matter of knowing what you really want and going out and getting it.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

:sad:

As if you need to ask kneehighs! Course I will be there, and surely so will my SO. :smile:

I will make sure I book the day off if I'm scheduled to work that day (it's a long way off at the moment) - I hopefully won't be.

Sounds like a great day. Organised like a miltary operation this time. Should make contributions from members much easier this time. :wavey:

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

I will be there DWW my first heel meet was May 2002 or June 2002

under the name of davew 008

Great. Its nice to have veterans still active.

Last time we talked, wasn't one of your relatives visiting NYC?

Some got a price index Hotel, flight, + and that kind off stuff. I shure like to come this year. and since it´s the frist time i come to England merby some gidens, whould do me good hehehehehe.

((( Frist i am not good to spell )))

..........(((( Sorry for that ))))........

.......................(",).......................

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/FreeMannWorld/

FreeMannWorld From what my friend admirer5577 said, you and I have alot in common with regards to our fashion interest in heels. I sincerely look forward to meeting you the upcoming heel meet.

I'll arrive late on Wednesday night and on Thursday will be visiting the Shoreditch/Hoxton area, which is the fashion epicenter of London. Perhaps you could join in that day.

iloveboots will soon have information regarding our special hotel discount.

Craig

I'll arrive late on Wednesday night and on Thursday will be visiting the Shoreditch/Hoxton area, which is the fashion epicenter of London. Perhaps you could join in that day.

I'll try to join you that day as well. I've never been out in that part of town before so it might be a good time to check it out.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

FreeMannWorld From what my friend admirer5577 said, you and I have alot in common with regards to our fashion interest in heels. I sincerely look forward to meeting you the upcoming heel meet.

iloveboots will soon have information regarding our special hotel discount.

Craig

If My good skandivian admirer5577 said that, then i look forward to meet you to m8, shure i can´t see it should´t be eny trobles to come a cobble of days before, expet for the monny heheh (",) But Yes let do it. I have never bin in London / England before so i am a ROOKIE (",), so i don´t no what and when, wher in UK, but i can understand you have bin ther alot, so i a hope i am ind good hands...

And THANKS for the invatasion!

Shure nice if we can get some discount on at hotel etc.

I'd be surprised if I wasn't there next year, but it's still some time away.

Freemansworld:

How are you planning to get there ?

Relly no idé!!!!! do you have eny good way, ore chep way you can offer me?

It´s the frist time to england so what and when have........ no ide yet! stile time to plan it tho!

Relly no idé!!!!! do you have eny good way, ore chep way you can offer me?

It´s the frist time to england so what and when have........ no ide yet! stile time to plan it tho!

Well, the last time I went with Sleazy Jet to Stanstead and if I'm staying in W. Hamstead again I might do the same as the connection is pretty good. The flight was quite delayed both ways though and the line at Stanstead pretty long, so I'd probably prefer a flight to Heathrow if possible.

I think it would be cool if a lot of us were staying at the same place.

Shure nice if we can get some discount on at hotel etc.

Well, the last time I went with Sleazy Jet to Stanstead and if I'm staying in W. Hamstead again I might do the same as the connection is pretty good. The flight was quite delayed both ways though and the line at Stanstead pretty long, so I'd probably prefer a flight to Heathrow if possible.

I think it would be cool if a lot of us were staying at the same place.

iloveboots has years of experience in getting group rates at hotels. He will be announcing the group hotel rates soon!

Update on group hotel rate/property. We have the hotel all set with a great rate of single 96UKL and double 98UKL per room that includes a full english breakfast daily and all taxes/VAT. The hotel is central, on the Tube/Rail Station, just south of Camden Town and north of Oxford Street. It is a full service hotel with restaurants, 24 hour room service, etc. The group rate is a good savings compared to their current regular minimum rate of 157UKL + per night. There will be a window of 56 days once we announce the hotel and booking instructions with booking code to secure the special rate. It will require a credit card to hold the special rate. The sales director looking after our group is away until next Tuesday following bank holiday Monday and once he is back he will forward the booking instructions to me. I will then post these in a thread here on "real life meetings" titled "2008 World Heelmeet Accommodations". Of course there is no requirement for attendees of the Heelmeet to stay at this hotel. We are only using some of our group buying power to secure a special rate; help make the travel planning easier; also see if we can't have as many members attending the Heelmeet from out of town staying in the same location to save costs on transportation; and to make the group experience more enjoyable. One of the highlights of last years Heelmeet was the friendships that developed from spending a few extra days together with other members heading out and sightseeing, shopping, dining, etc. Stay tuned for the hotel info......remember, now is the time to begin planning your attendance at the 2008 Heelmeet to save as much as possible on air & hotel. And as Kneehighs mentioned we will also have another thread on "Real Life Meetings" announcing a Saturday, Feb 16th night time event very shortly. So count on spending the night in London, you will not want to miss the Saturday evening events following the Heelmeet. Admirer 5577 also has more info to follow soon on pre-Heelmeet events for Friday. Countdown to Heelmeet.....................265 days! david & cathy

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

United Kingdom Pounds (lira-the old name for pound)...

Thanks. I was afraid of that, but couldn't make the letters fit. A bit more than I normally spend.

....One of the highlights of last years Heelmeet was the friendships that developed from spending a few extra days together with other members heading out and sightseeing, shopping, dining, etc.

Great JOB! I'll be booking my stay in London at this hotel for sure. From when I arrive on Wednesday to when I leave on Monday, I'll stay here. Thanks for the great work!

I also totally concur about the benefits of staying at the same hotel. I remember when I first met admirer5577 as last years meet in Amsterdam. We stayed at the same hotel for 4 days. We were able to take breaks from streetheeling at the same time, go back to our rooms, rest, and then meet up again later on in the day for meals and more street heeling.

Nearly a year later, I consider admirer5577 one of my closer friends that I've met from the forum, due in large part because we spent alot of time together in Amsterdam by staying at the same hotel.

I can say with confidence that I wished I had stayed at the Astor with everyone else at the 2007 World Heel Meet. Look at the friendships that resulted from that meet.

Thanks. I was afraid of that, but couldn't make the letters fit. A bit more than I normally spend.

The Charlotte Guest House, if I'm not mistaken runs 35 pounds/night. For just 10 more pounds per night and sharing a room with someone, you can be with the whole group (tax included). You'll probably gain more from the weekend staying with the group than if you stay alone by yourself at The Charlotte.

If you were to draw a line vertically down the center of a sheet of paper and on the left column write the PROS and on the right column write the CONS of staying at this hotel, I think you would find that the pros outweigh the cons, especially if you can share a room with someone.

EDIT: PUMPS I would be willing to split a double room with you, provided that you pay me for your half in advance. pm me if you are interested

The Charlotte Guest House, if I'm not mistaken runs 35 pounds/night. For just 10 more pounds per night and sharing a room with someone, you can be with the whole group (tax included). You'll probably gain more from the weekend staying with the group than if you stay alone by yourself at The Charlotte.

If you were to draw a line vertically down the center of a sheet of paper and on the left column write the PROS and on the right column write the CONS of staying at this hotel, I think you would find that the pros outweigh the cons, especially if you can share a room with someone.

EDIT: PUMPS I would be willing to split a double room with you, provided that you pay me for your half in advance. pm me if you are interested

Good point. Actually it's £45, because I always prefer private bath. I think that sounds like a good plan. I'm just always reluctant to pay to much for accomodation, as I rarely feel I'm getting that much more. One dissadvantage about Charlotte is that the tubes close at midnight. I had to walk quite a distance the last time (yes, to cheap for taxis too:silly: )

Good point. Actually it's £45, because I always prefer private bath. I think that sounds like a good plan. I'm just always reluctant to pay to much for accomodation, as I rarely feel I'm getting that much more. One dissadvantage about Charlotte is that the tubes close at midnight. I had to walk quite a distance the last time (yes, to cheap for taxis too:silly: )

And if everyone's in the same place it makes hiring minibuses etc. more of a feasible proposition.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Kneehighs I am supprised you rememberd, yes my daughter and boyfriend were in New York for a week, said it was great came home with loads of photos. Lastest news is I will be a grandad around the 6 of October she tells me, (hospital says most probs a girl)

life is not a rehearsal

^ Congrats! Hmm, what shall her name be? I can think of some fun ones: Vivienne (Westwood), Vera (Wang), or maybe even Stella (McCartney). Back to the topic though...looking forward to hearing how the lil one is coming along at the 2008 meet!