uncomfy ballets :(

balletbooter

Who ever said that ballets were meant to be comfy?! There isn't an easy way around the problem, when you wear them, does the heel try to bend inwards? If so the heel is too short. In the case of too much heel, there is no simple fix for this either but you could try gluing a small block of wood onto the toe area, do NOT try trimming the heel down as this would change the whole geometry of the shoe.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Who ever said that ballets were meant to be comfy?!

:smile:

also, what the most forget: our feet are not made for walking that way and of course it harms the feet, toes and ankles. but usually our bodies are healthy and strong enough to manage it without further problems. but, if there are pains then GET THE BALLETS OFF and do not walk again on those that day to give your feet and toes the possibility to regenerate cuz it was a sign something was not right at all (not as much because ballets might be unconfy but because as already said our feet are not meant to carry the whole weight on the toes)

balletbooter - No, Devious I think I will try Dr. Shoe's advice. I tried standing with the toes on a 1cm thick board and I could straighten my knees in comfort (relatively speaking). Just have to make it not spoil the look of the boots

Try placing a sock on your foot about mid arch then folding it back over towards your toes so that some of the sock is loose extending beyond the toe. The extra sock that is extending in front of your toes will act as both a cushion and a mini platform while the part of the sock that is on your foot will allow you to tighten the boots very tight which helps take some of the pressure of the toes. Another method is to take a short athletic sock and roll it up and place in the toe area then put the boots on but fold your toes so that you are walking on the tops of your toes this sounds painful but works well.