My mom knows...

ChipsHH

I guess the only alternative you have at this point is to just put your heels on and wear them without saying anything to anyone. After the people in your life get used to seeing you in heels, their only alternative will be to accept you wearing them or thinking that you're not quite in your right mind -- which, isn't all bad. Just wear them and everything will work out.

Your mother needs to understand something, and please feel free to have her read this..........wearing heels is NOT limited to fetishes, they're not just for girls, and above all else - as this has been said.....they're only SHOES, for crying out loud. Are we demented? NO Are we all gay? NO Do we need psychiatric help? NO!!! There are people here who are single, married, married with children (no, not that show!), that come from all walks of life who are happy just to be able to wear something that is not BORING! Men are coming of an age to where they want to feel they can enhance their image with a little flair and style - and there is nothing wrong with this! If heels were still "just for the ladies", do you seriously think manufacturers would make them up to size 17? Now, I personally don't know any ladies with that large of feet, so I'm thinking that yes....those manufacturers know they are selling to guys, because our money is just as spendable as any lady's is. Look around in the myriad numbers of postings here, and you will find many men who are leading normal, happy lives, and are able to add a little dash of spice to their existance by sprucing up their wardrobes with some truly stylish footwear!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I'm showing her tonight, as she's bound to wake up to my step-dad's leaving for work. I'm so ready for it this time, and I'll tell what happens after.

Formally "HHDude"

Probably you have heard lots of things already, i'll try to be brief, you like heels, and even if it is just a phase, such as your mom says, the only way to know is by trying wearing heels for a period off time so you may really find out if it was just a phase, or it is that you're really keen for them. on the other hand besides her worries about how she failed to raise you as a man, she maybe thinking on the consequences you may face by wearing heels, for example, maybe some of your friends will walk away, or maybe you could become an outcast in your school, but on the other hand most probably not, you will really learn who your true friends are, but that of course if you stay true to yourself, knowing who you are, and what do you want, instead of trying to please everybody else, self assertion is a key issue to deal with.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm showing her tonight, as she's bound to wake up to my step-dad's leaving for work.

I'm so ready for it this time, and I'll tell what happens after.

Any breaking news about mum?

real men wear heels

• 2 weeks later...

I agree.....either it went over very well, in which case he's out celebrating his heeling independence (no pun intended......yeah, right), or the computer has been put up for auction on eBay/smashed into a million plastic bits. I do hope it went well though. *crosses fingers*

My guess is that 1) it didn't go well, that mom didn't appreciate our support nor our "putting ideas in your head," because otherwise he would be here wanting to tell us of his success; 2) the computer didn't get smashed, because they are still too expensive, but she did tighten the screws, and his 'net access got curtailed-- either cut off entirely, or it's being monitored. The fact that he's not accessing hhplace from the library to tell us what's happening suggests to me his mom is really making it miserable for him.

My guess is that 1) it didn't go well, that mom didn't appreciate our support nor our "putting ideas in your head," because otherwise he would be here wanting to tell us of his success; 2) the computer didn't get smashed, because they are still too expensive, but she did tighten the screws, and his 'net access got curtailed-- either cut off entirely, or it's being monitored. The fact that he's not accessing hhplace from the library to tell us what's happening suggests to me his mom is really making it miserable for him.

I suspect yer right! My guess is that mom put her foot down HARD and our HH Dude is now going to need about 6 months and a good road map to find his way out of the doghouse. :smile:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

The most narrow minded of people are usualy found at home.

Isn't that amazing how that works? People you don't even know can be appreciative of what you say and do, while those who should be your strongest supporters are usually the ones shooting you down. :smile:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

In the five years that I have been a member of this site I have noticed that there have been a number of boys of school age who have appeared on this site with stores of their heeling, posting almost daily, then suddenly they disappear without trace. I remember some years ago a lad who claimed that he was going on holiday with his mother to Hawaii. He planned to wear a mini skirt with stiletto heel sandals for the whole of the holiday, even on the flight! He promised to let us know how he got on, but strangely he was never head of again! one has to wonder whether it was all fiction, or did his mother have him certified?

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

In the five years that I have been a member of this site I have noticed that there have been a number of boys of school age who have appeared on this site with stores of their heeling, posting almost daily, then suddenly they disappear without trace.

I remember some years ago a lad who claimed that he was going on holiday with his mother to Hawaii. He planned to wear a mini skirt with stiletto heel sandals for the whole of the holiday, even on the flight! He promised to let us know how he got on, but strangely he was never head of again! one has to wonder whether it was all fiction, or did his mother have him certified?

My Guess????

Fantasy. We have and still do have many people living a pretend life on this board. After a while, you get a sixth sense of who to believe and who not to.

Such is life, eh?

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

Well im one of those school boys who has stayed with this board...altho i do admit that from time to time i get distracted on other forum or with a game i like or with something else entirely... iv never done PROPER streetheeling and at the moment i dont think i ever will...:smile: im now NEARLY 21 soi been here for i think roughly 3 or 4 year...dont quite remember actually.... J

Why, thank you all for talking about me while I was gone To make a long story short, the phone took about a month to get back on, due to stupid moves of the phone company. I'm proud to announce that I am once again active :smile: And as for the mom...yeaa, no luck yet. I will consider the few ideas given though. Like, wearing them to get everyone use to seeing me in them. I have a tough step-dad that won't accept it. Why? Cause he's a "man" And the other one, uhh...there was another one I forgot it though, too lazy to look for it as well. But I will consider trying the one I mentioned. Oh, and also, I have worn them around the house and about, occasionally going down stairs to hear the lovelies "clicking" on the concrete, so it's definally not a phase.

Formally "HHDude"

Good to see you back. I too was brought up in that kind of inviroment with a very narrow minded "MAN" father that bashed everything that wasn't like him so I just waited until I got out of the house. I believe its best. Good luck and welcome back.

real men wear heels

Why, thank you all for talking about me while I was gone

To make a long story short, the phone took about a month to get back on, due to stupid moves of the phone company.

I'm proud to announce that I am once again active :wavey:

And as for the mom...yeaa, no luck yet. I will consider the few ideas given though.

Like, wearing them to get everyone use to seeing me in them. I have a tough step-dad that won't accept it. Why? Cause he's a "man" And the other one, uhh...there was another one I forgot it though, too lazy to look for it as well. But I will consider trying the one I mentioned.

Oh, and also, I have worn them around the house and about, occasionally going down stairs to hear the lovelies "clicking" on the concrete, so it's definally not a phase.

Welcome back, Dude! :smile: When you went silent on us we really didn't know what to expect. But it's good to hear from you.

BTW, since both mom and pop are opposed to you wearing heels, you definitely need to go slow.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

You're definitely in a tough spot there, HighHeelDude. I hope you get some chances to wear heels while at home, but look at it this way......it'll be SO much easier once you're out on your own, because then it's "your life - your rules" at that point, which may be a bitter pill for the 'rents to swallow, but they'll have a choice at that point -they'll either accept it, or they won't, but they won't be able to do anything about it then. This generation of heel-wearers is going to be the hardest, because many parents are still "traditional" and haven't progressed their thinking to more free-form fashion yet. Best of luck! SQ

welcome back, as everybody else's advice i agree, you should go slow, and once you go independent, you'll be able to wear them freely, as it seems for the moment being it's still odd for most of the people to see a bloke in heels, we need more stars promoting the use of heels in men, so it may become fashinable for society and then hopefully more common.

This generation of heel-wearers is going to be the hardest, because many parents are still "traditional" and haven't progressed their thinking to more free-form fashion yet.

Best of luck!

SQ

Oh, so true. Unless however, we do get those more men celebrities to promote it, as high_55 mentioned. Then it'll be a cake walk for me and the generation :smile:

Good to see you back. I too was brought up in that kind of inviroment with a very narrow minded "MAN" father that bashed everything that wasn't like him so I just waited until I got out of the house. I believe its best. Good luck and welcome back.

Yeah, my step-dad really thinks he's a man. well, lemme tell you. He's nothing close to a man, if I may talk about him for that second.

Oooh! I feel so bad about doing that! Heh heh.

welcome back, as everybody else's advice i agree, you should go slow, and once you go independent, you'll be able to wear them freely, as it seems for the moment being it's still odd for most of the people to see a bloke in heels, we need more stars promoting the use of heels in men, so it may become fashinable for society and then hopefully more common.

Heh, guess that's the best and only way to go, for now. Only until that 'hero celeb' decides to come out of the shell and show the world what real men can or could do. . . Did I say that right?

Formally "HHDude"

Oh mi golly! Been meanin to post this awhile ago, but never got to it (I'ma MySpace teen :smile::wavey: So yeah, the other day, the topic of 'high heels' rose up yet again when my lil bratty sister found the shoes under the bed (small story to how they got there). She brought them to my mom, as expected from a youngster, and my mom was once again 'shocked' (shocked to the point tht it's nothin now). Then, stuff started puzzling together - cell phone pics of me in shoes (yes, only cause that's all i have, and i can't deliver them to my email), my confession to the love of heels, me not being gay, everything. She finally, kinda got it. What did she do this time? Oh, she just pitied herself, saying 'what she did wrong in her life to get this happening', you know, stuff to that effect. I pleasedly told her it wasn't her fault. It was 'God's decision to make me this way' (seriously, i said that), as it was the only smart answer I could tell her at the time. I don't believe that much that it's true... Well, what do you all think? Was that the right thing to say at that moment?

Formally "HHDude"

Oh mi golly! Been meanin to post this awhile ago, but never got to it (I'ma MySpace teen :sad:;)

So yeah, the other day, the topic of 'high heels' rose up yet again when my lil bratty sister found the shoes under the bed... Then, stuff started puzzling together - cell phone pics of me in shoes (yes, only cause that's all i have, and i can't deliver them to my email), my confession to the love of heels, me not being gay, everything. She finally, kinda got it.

What did she do this time? Oh, she just pitied herself, saying 'what she did wrong in her life to get this happening', you know, stuff to that effect. I pleasedly told her it wasn't her fault. It was 'God's decision to make me this way' (seriously, i said that), as it was the only smart answer I could tell her at the time. I don't believe that much that it's true...

Well, what do you all think? Was that the right thing to say at that moment?

Well, just don't blame God for your personal decision. But other than that, yer pretty much on target! :wavey: Remember, you've got a lot of support over here in your corner, Dude. :smile:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

actually he's kinda right...it is "god" (for those who believe, or dont) who made him that way... but if you dont believe in god then...he's wrong totally... .....more to the point.... As long as you show it not as a big deal....then eventually your family will accept it... take my dad for example....when he found out he called me a poof...(to which i barred his internet for a month..i had that power 5 years ago....and still do) but now he's not really bothered over my holiday pre 3 weeks now he text me saying that "another parcel of bloody shoes are here for you"... just thought id add in my stuff.. J

actually he's kinda right...it is "god" (for those who believe, or dont) who made him that way...

...As long as you show it not as a big deal....then eventually your family will accept it...

...take my dad for example....when he found out he called me a poof...(to which i barred his internet for a month..i had that power 5 years ago....and still do)... J

Unhh, what's a "poof"?

Also, would you be kind enough to PM me? I'm trying to design a sporan and I need some technical data. :smile:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

HighHeelDude: Look at it from your mother's point of view. She's locked into a previous generation's perspective that men should be masculine and wear only men's shoes. She sees your desire to wear high heeled women's shoes as outside the norm, perverted, and odd, to say the least. She blames herself on this failing, for somehow not instilling in you that masculine trait strongly enough. You can probably use some really good psychology on her and get a lot further than by alienating her at this point. I would suggest: 1. Tell her that everyone is different and you were just born with a "high heel gene". You have this unexplainable penchant for high heels and love to wear them. Since they don't make men's shoes with heels (at least not since the 70s), you've resorted to women's, but you'd gladly wear men's shoes if they were available (whether this is completely true or not). Remind her that fashions change and it was men who originally wore high heels and that men again wore them in the 1970s. That will take her attention off the women's angle. 2. Explain to her that you are not alone. There are lots of guys like you out there and she should know that there are web sites like this where you can meet like-minded guys who share your interest and who are not perverts or scum, but ordinary, good, upstanding citizens who come from all walks of life, and are normal men, mostly married, with loving families and kids. We just have "the gene" and have different tastes in shoes. 3. Tell her you love her and respect her, and would really like for her to step back and put this all into a different perspective. They are only shoes, after all, and clothes are what we wear on the outside. It's the personality, the moral character, and our inner beings that are really important, and you believe she did a wonderful job of raising you as a good young man with all the proper traits of your inner being. 4. Let her think about what you said, have some more discussions with her in the next couple of weeks, and eventually ask her if she would be willing to at least let you wear the shoes you want to wear, if not in the house, then at least in the privacy of your own room (and do hide them better from sis). 5. You can make more progress in less time by taking lots of little baby steps along the way, than you can trying to take giant leaps that will cause your mother to resist. After all, she loves you and should be willing to engage in discussion of issues that are important to you. Use that leverage to get what you want, but do it in such a way that you compromise when you need to, give a little now and then, but move forward. Keep your eye on the ultimate goal, and don't lose faith. My guess is that you will develop a great relationship with your mother. Show her your constant love and physical affection and your concern for her feelings. She will come to accept you as different than her preconceived "ideal" child, but not as "her failure." The best outcome will be that you will get to wear the shoes you want to wear with at least her tacit approval if not her blessing. Give it your best effort and let us know how it goes! I predict you'll be going shoe shopping with her inside of a year! GWL

There is no right thing to say to a person with a closed mind in this cercomstance. Saying nothing is also not the right thing to do. It is Catch 22 in it's purest form.

Au contraire, as GWL1 correctly points out in his post, the issue is resolved through: A] establishing mutual respect; B] shifting the focus from the nonsensical "morality arguments" to the focus on fashion where it correctly belongs; and C] by recognising the fact that people who strongly object to this kind of thing do not change their minds by tripping some sort of switch, but rather, through an educational process that requires time. After all, people who have harbored certain attitudes and beliefs for a lifetime will need to make a major adjustment in their thinking. It will definitely take time. Therefore, while there is no one correct answer that will "win the war", there are many correct anwers that can eventualy win the minds and hearts of the opposition. :smile:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

thats exactly the same feelings that my own mother feels, gwl1 that from her own generation (1940-50s) that any slim looking heel doesnt look good on men (oh yeah only big block ones do,being more "masculin" than blade heels) but I try to show her how it doesnt really look all that bad- it all really depends on how you view these things that big & blocky is somehow masculin & "slim" heels are not! it is so archaic from an early time. I tend to humor my mom on this kind of thing just to keep her happy & to respect her feelings.

Au contraire, as GWL1 correctly points out in his post, the issue is resolved through: A] establishing mutual respect; B] shifting the focus from the nonsensical "morality arguments" to the focus on fashion where it correctly belongs; and C] by recognising the fact that people who strongly object to this kind of thing do not change their minds by tripping some sort of switch, but rather, through an educational process that requires time. After all, people who have harbored certain attitudes and beliefs for a lifetime will need to make a major adjustment in their thinking. It will definitely take time. Therefore, while there is no one correct answer that will "win the war", there are many correct anwers that can eventualy win the minds and hearts of the opposition. :smile:

Sorry, but it is true. I have personaly delt with this situation, and know a few others in the same situation. My folks are a bunch of fundamentalist holy than thou rollers. They have tryed to put me in a 'reeducation' program several years ago. That failed. Their minds are as closed up as ever. Any form of reeducation on their part is an imposibility. Old age has not changed their views, only made them stronger. So we are estranged. I am a student and practitioner of Sun Tzu and his book 'The Art of War'. He states that one must choose one's battles. He also states that one must know when to fight, and more importantly when not to fight. At the present time, and from the looks of it any time sooner or later, all the elements for winning the battle much less the war are just not there. This one can only be won when they are put in the ground.

Please do not kill your parents HighHeelDude! Be paitient and wait till you move out of the house and are on your own. There will be plenty of time for heeling freely as you wish. You are under your Moms roof and need to go by her rules for now.

real men wear heels