Polished toes

Guy N. Heels

Should men polish their toe nails?  

474 members have voted

1. 1. Should men polish their toe nails?

• YES! Definitely!
    • Maybe
    • Not Sure
    • Definitely Not!
    • I am male
    • I am female

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

RAnderson, I don't what day you may venture into a nail salon but next Monday the 17th I'll go for my next pedicure and will wear knee boots with 5.7" stiletto heels, stretch bootcut jeans, and a cardigan sweater. If YOU wear some type of heels to your pedicure then you will HURDLE your fears in one stride!! It will liberate your mind and will leave no doubt in anyone's mind as to why you are there. The point everyone here at hhplace always makes whether it involves guys wearing heels or going for pedicures or wearing nail polish or carrying handbags is this.....look confident and act like you belong where you are standing and the world will respond in kind. confidence begets more confidence and the world loves notices confident people. One may not always agree with the3 confident person but it is nearly impossible not to notice them or respect such a quality. Keep this in mind as you venture out and wonder where you fit in among the billions of us humans. Keep your chin up and hold a level gaze. HappyinHeels

...I'll go for my next pedicure and will wear knee boots with 5.7" stiletto heels...

To me that's very impractical - the best footwear to wear to a pedicure is a pair of sandals that don't have any parts that might ruin the paint job. It takes several hours for the polish to fully cure and it doesn't take much to scuff it up. I've got a few pairs of wedge sandals and "flip-flop" style sandals that are my choice when getting pedicures - they allow the toes to fully set up before being stuffed into hose and/or shoes...

Wealth is not measured by how much you have, but rather how little you need.

To me that's very impractical - the best footwear to wear to a pedicure is a pair of sandals... It takes several hours for the polish to fully cure and it doesn't take much to scuff it up...

Fully agree with you there... I've totally ruined a few nice toe nail polish jobs after waiting 30-40 mins to put on shoes, and learned the hard way that is still not long enough.

Aly, I agree with you in principle but take a look where you live. I don't think wearing flipflops or sandals in San Jose,CA in January will tax the system too much. On the other hand I live in SE Wisconsin where it is currently -5F and another 3.5" of fresh snow has fallen tonight. Do you know what salt-soaked slush feels like on your feet? You don't want to know!! I usually dry my toes with a hair dryer to help them along after the pedicure. I do however wear open-toed wedges to a pedicure in the non-winter months. HappyinHeels

• 1 month later...

Nice color FrenchyDude If ye don't mind me asking what colour is that (me is a little bit colourblind) and from what bottle did that nice colour come?

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wore these to a pedicure at a high end spa last week, http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/jack-rogers-thong-sandal/3036867?origin=PredictiveSearch&resultback=2700

I wore these to try and see if the nail tech would offer to apply polish on her own instead of me having to bring it up. She did not mention anything but at the same time was not surprised when I asked for a french pedicure :wavey:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yesterday, May 22, 2012 I went to get a new pedicure, This is the first one professionall done since last September. I don't always color my toes during winter and when I do it, then I do it myself. Since it is sandal wearing time, it was time to get a professional one. I went to a new shop that opened in the last year in a new plaza near me. I arrived at the opening time posted on the door but it was not open. I waited for 1/2 hour, when finally a woman came, unlocked the door and went inside. I waited a few minutes for her to get organizied before I went inside. After I entered the woman probably Vietnamiese greeted me and asked" how can I help you, today?" I said" I am here for a pedicure this morning". She replied "I will be with youin a few minutes". She started to fill the foot basin with water and in a few minutes called me over. I took off my sandals (flats, no heels this morning) and sat down in the chair and placed my feet in the water foot basin. After letting my feet soak for awhile she started to work on my feet. I had forgotten what a wonderful feeling you get having a professional pedicure. She continued the process, Then she asked "do you live around here" and I said yes. At that time another woman customer entered to have both a manicure and pedicure. A male employee started to work on her hands. The woman asked me about clear polish on my toes, as she had to remove some remanents of the red I had put on last fall that still were on my big toes. I said no clear, deep red and handed her my bottle of Sally Hansen Quick-Dry deep red that I like very much. She said "color on all toes" I said of course. She put on the two coats and then the top coat was applied. She moved me over to the foot dryer to dry the polish. She had done a great job today and I was very happy with the results. She then went to start on another woman customer. The male assisitant came over to check to see if the polish was dry. It was and I could go. I paid my bill and left the woman a nice tip. On my way out I thanked her for the great job she did for me and that I would see her again in the future. As I was walking to my car I kept looking down at my polished toes and how nice they looked to me. Now I was ready to wear my summer heeled sandals, which I did that night with my Born black velvet slide sandals with a 3- 1/2" stacked heel. For those of you guys that have never experienced a professional pedicure you are really missing out!!!!!!! Happy Heeling, bluejay

• 6 months later...

Hey everyone, I went to get a new pedicure today. This was not really the color I wanted. I was going for a more of a Christmas color for the holidays but its growing on me. Let me know what you guys think!

post-3022-0-29911600-1354519665_thumb.jp

post-3022-0-17376400-1354519701_thumb.jp

projectz, I like the color very much as I wear the same color on my toes, I am thinking about going to a bright pink the next pedi. I have had compliments from women wearing sandals with my red pedi. At first my wife wasn't too happy with the color, but she got used to seeing my toes in the red and she started to like it. Even my daughter, 33 years old complimented me on the color. Hope that you enjoy your red pedi. You could wear peep toe shoes to show the color off. If you live in a warm climate wear heeled sandals to really show them off! Happy Heeling, bluejay

projectz,

I like the color very much as I wear the same color on my toes, I am thinking about going to a bright pink the next pedi. I have had compliments from women wearing sandals with my red pedi. At first my wife wasn't too happy with the color, but she got used to seeing my toes in the red and she started to like it. Even my daughter, 33 years old complimented me on the color. Hope that you enjoy your red pedi. You could wear peep toe shoes to show the color off. If you live in a warm climate wear heeled sandals to really show them off!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I get a pedicure every two weeks in a local nail salon and always wear bright red or hot pink on my toes. Whenever I'm not at work, I always wear women's sandals with heel heights that vary from 1 inch to 3 inches. My fire engine red toenails are always on display and I get a lot of compliments from women on my pedicures. Two women that attend my church liked my pedicures so much that they are now going to my nail technician and one of them has started wearing my favorite nails polish (OPI Big Apple Red) on her toes. My dental hygenist also wears red polish on her toes and when I visit her for a teeth cleaning, we always compare toenail polish. You really can't go wrong with bright red toenails. Red toenails are classic and bold. Marilyn Monroe wore fire engine red on her toenails. Whenever I am having a bad day, it really cheers me up to look down and see 10 shiny red toenails peeking out of my sandals. Professional pedicures are also wonderful because the foot massage is so relaxing. I always leave the nail salon completely relaxed with ten bright red toenails.

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

I get a pedicure every two weeks in a local nail salon and always wear bright red or hot pink on my toes. Whenever I'm not at work, I always wear women's sandals with heel heights that vary from 1 inch to 3 inches. My fire engine red toenails are always on display and I get a lot of compliments from women on my pedicures. Two women that attend my church liked my pedicures so much that they are now going to my nail technician and one of them has started wearing my favorite nails polish (OPI Big Apple Red) on her toes. My dental hygenist also wears red polish on her toes and when I visit her for a teeth cleaning, we always compare toenail polish. You really can't go wrong with bright red toenails. Red toenails are classic and bold. Marilyn Monroe wore fire engine red on her toenails. Whenever I am having a bad day, it really cheers me up to look down and see 10 shiny red toenails peeking out of my sandals. Professional pedicures are also wonderful because the foot massage is so relaxing. I always leave the nail salon completely relaxed with ten bright red toenails.

Thanks for your reply to my post. This evening while I was at Kay's Jewelers one of the clerks showed me her new mani and pedi. She had a french mani with royal blue tips a silver line and the rest of her nail was in white. Her pedi had the same color of blue which looked very nice and I told her so. I slipped off my heeled clog I was wearing to show her my red polished toes that were visible even though I was wearing black knee-hi hose. Her comment was "Looks good, you have a Christmas look". I replied that I love the color of red on my toes and that's the color I wear most of the time.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• 1 month later...