Polished toes

Guy N. Heels

Should men polish their toe nails?  

474 members have voted

1. 1. Should men polish their toe nails?

• YES! Definitely!
    • Maybe
    • Not Sure
    • Definitely Not!
    • I am male
    • I am female

• 3 weeks later...

Yes toes and fingers! I can say now that the toes are done all of the time, pedicure every couple of weeks, fall colors and now looking into some rich color for winter. The GF has hers done too, we do ours together and not always the same but compliment each others choice. Also been doing my fingers in a french this fall, I really like them. JoJo, I did bio-gels too, strong and durable. Nails will be for a long time now. Mtnsofheels

...Also been doing my fingers in a french this fall, I really like them...

Mtnsofheels

I agree with you a bio-gel French manicure looks very nice and clean.

In the summer I have been doing bio-gel French pedicure many times

but I guess I'm not "ready" yet to do the same with my hands...

(For now I only get a regular clear coat manicure with very short nails)

Maybe a French manicure is the same as with heels: You get use to it with time.

After a while it is no big deal anymore.

May I ask you what type of comment / reaction you get about your French manicure ?

Mostly positive or negative ?

Hello guys, i hope you're doing ok, recently i went on a bussines trip as usual to Miami and i did what i always do, went straight to the nail salon. I was so exited to do it because i love to have my nails painted, but mostly i discover this trip that i wanted so badly for people to see my feet. I went to this nail salon like 15 minutes far from the MIA, and well got in and it was an asian salon but a latin woman took care of me, very nice she did a nice job, i got a french pedicure as usua; there were women in it and giving me looks but no worries while in the saloon i don't care what people think. After that i wanted to showed my toes in public but i was afraid, so i remember last time i went to have a brazilian waxing so i decided to go, it was close and i was planing to do it anyway. I got to the waxing place and i was dissapointed the girl that did the brazilians wans't there. After that i went to buy some stuff but i was feeling weird like i wanted to tell the world that i loved pedicures and my toes painted but there still something in me that holds me. So i went to an old navy store and i said to my self, i'm going to inside and buy a pair of woman flipflops, so i did that went inside to the flipflop seccion, i loved some purple ones but they were not that girly, so i looked for more and found this black flipflops with some things on top that captured me and i tried them on hidding a little and bought them. as i was paying then i said "i'll wear them as soon as i get out from the store". So i did that and it was like a relive walking on woman flipflops flashing my french pedicure and well that gave more courage. I got to my car and i said i want to keep showing them so i went to this sex shop just to browse some things and there were women inside they saw me but no bad looks, you know you're in a sex shop who the hell inside a a sex shop has the moral to judge you, so i found that is the best place to out for the first time. After that i was more exited you cann't imagine how much so i went to walgreens drugstore and went in my flipflops and some people saw meand gave me bad looks but mostly men, but as i was in the register that was my fear because of the lines, but anyway i did it people saw my pedicure feet, some woman gave me looks but you know what? i think it was because my toes look really nice painted like woman toes so they might be shocked about it don't know but at least i did it. Got out from walgreens and i felt like i couldn't take those flip flops off, and i went to another sex shop but this one was and adult video store never been inside one, so i went to browse some dvd's and it was all men inside, and looking at me really weird not weird in a bad way, weird like trying to pick me up, something here, i'm not gay, i don't have nothing against them, i have a femenine side that's a yes, but definetly the men in there were married trying to pick up boys ...weird, so as i was browsing this bald guy was following me and i was like trying to get away and there was a hall and i asked the store clerk what was that hall he told me it was some video boths to preview movies,so i went inside to try to get rid of that guy. I put some dollars in but the freking guy stood outside my both peaking thru the door, man i got really angry and i punched the door and got out of the store. Next day i went to another store to do some stuff i was like 10 am so i said i'm walking in my flip flops to that store but something happened again this ffear got over me and i went in shoes but after that got in to a nail salon to change my polish, this time got a dark brown color. It looked so nice i went to do some other things and well i was in the parking lot lf a Babys r Us needed to pick up something there, so i went to that store with flipflops with my dark brown polish, so i asume it was going to e more women than men inside, which it was true but didn't had a nice experience there women gave bad looks so i bought what i need it and got out, after that went again to the waxing place because i was doing that in the day, so i went and went in flip flops the girl in the desk from the previous day told me the brazilian waxer was there so she had time for a walk in and it was the same russian girl that did my first brazilian a while ago. She recognized because probably i'm the only man waling in with painted toe nails. So she began doing the waxing and i asked her do you remmeber me from the last time and she was yes i remeber you and i asked her.... why you remember me and she stare at my toes but didn't said anything she told me i have only 4 guys that do brazilian so it's easy jajaja i bet it was becasue of my toes. Got out from the waxing place and went to another salon to do my nails again wanted to go back to the french pedicure because next day i was flying back so i was going to show my toes in the airport and i wanted again a very femenine color, crazy 3 pedicures in 2 days jajaja, i know but i like it a lot, so got in the nail salon with flip flops and they put me to wait for 10 minutes and i asked for a pedicure, the girl was kinda giving me bad looks so she told me come here, but she went to talk to someone else some asian girl and i assume it was to ask if they gave pedicures with color to men, at the end a black woman came and did my pedicureshe was really nice, and i can say i got the best french pedicure ever, no kidding, i walk out from the store and went straight to the hotel, next day i went to the airport walking with my VANS and as soon as i was in inmigration i calculate to go into a check point with women in it and in the line i loveto have a women ahead of me in the line and on my back. So i did it took my shoes off the woman in fron t of me saw my feet in french pedi and she was with dark brown polish she gave me a little smile jajaja so i was very relive. Anyway sorry i was too long on my story but you know i love to do that when i'm away from home.

Thats a great story I loved reading it! It has given me the confidence to try the same. My GF and I used to get regular pedicures.. for my birthday she wants to treat me to a french pedicure and on that weekend we have to take a 4 hour roadtrip. She wants me to get a french then along the way anywhere we have to stop I have to wear flipflops and she will do the same so we can show off our matching pedicures. After reading your story I have alot more confidence I can pull this off. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hello guys i'm back as usual not letting this thread die jajaja, i just got back from US and well i was in bussines but alwasy with time to paint my toes, i got 2 pedicures, the first one was a French Pedicure at an asian place it was great it was empty so i was relaxed, after that i went to a shoe shop and i bought my self some sexy flipflios, i tried them on hidding a little because the shop was crowded, but i bought them, and well i went on bussines to do my stuff and at night i was almost done and i said, i've never painted my toes red here in US so i walk in to this nail saloon asian as usual and asked for a pedicure and when i took my shoes off thenail tech saw my feet didn't said anythig, and i told her you know what just change the nail polish no pedicure,she told me huhhh? i told her paint them red, and there was a woman next to me and told me are you sure? i told her yes why not, and the nail tech told her look at his feet and i showed them my french pedicure and she laughed but she was not mean, so it was all good, got the red nail polished and i found it very atractive, but i let you guys decide how they look on red. i will try to upload them soon

Hey everyone. In right now is a lot matte colors, especially greys and neutrals. I suggest you try them. I've been rocking a grey matte on my toes for a while and people seem to like it. It's one of those that has had to grown on me, but it's definitely a trendy thing.

hey i've seen minxed before. what exactly is it?

From the Minx Nails website:

Minx is a solid film with an adhesive back that is heat activated. The heat gives Minx the conformability to fit over the compound curves of nails and seals it onto the nail bed. Minx is brewed in North County, San Diego, California. The patent pending proprietary material Minx is made of can be easily removed with heat by either the manicurist or the client.

• 1 month later...

Would like to to but I'm not sure if I wanna draw attention to my big toes as they look weird after getting treated for ingrown toe nails twice :silly:

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

VERY Nice! The French Manicure is great. To bad my nails keep braking or I would try it.

But I do keep my toes Polished most of the time. Thank you again. :-)))

Thanks for the positive comment.

FYI my nails were braking too (Even if I keep them short).

But not anymore since I regularly do a French (bio-gel) manicure.

You may want to start with short nails and let them grow while keeping the manicure.

Every 2 or 3 weeks, just get a filling.

(Don't remove it all and start over: Doing so would not be good for your nails anyway...)

With the filling, they leave a thin coat on your nail and put a new one on top.

That thin coat prevent your nail from braking.

Give it a try and you will see !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The wife and I have our first appointment of the years to have a Pedicure done on Saturday! We have moved since our last one and this will be our first trip for a pedicure to this particular salon. My wife has been getting manicures there for a couple months now and is very pleased so I am sure it will be great!

• 3 weeks later...

I went with one of my female friends to get a pedicure on saturday! she's just had a baby so i treated her to it :smile: she got a dark blue colour nail polish and i got a very sexy glittery red! :D all the ladies in there couldn't stop staring! the lady who was doing my pedi was asking me were i was going that night and if i have pretty shoes to go with my newly pretty toes! to which i replied "of course i do!" :wave: This was my first ever pedi, but certainly not my last! there's a lifetime's worth of pedi's to make up for! hehe

• 2 months later...

I went with one of my female friends to get a pedicure on saturday! she's just had a baby so i treated her to it :) she got a dark blue colour nail polish and i got a very sexy glittery red! :) all the ladies in there couldn't stop staring! the lady who was doing my pedi was asking me were i was going that night and if i have pretty shoes to go with my newly pretty toes! to which i replied "of course i do!" :wave: This was my first ever pedi, but certainly not my last! there's a lifetime's worth of pedi's to make up for! hehe

There's nothing quite like treating yourself to a nice pedicure before a night out. I just got mine done, and I'm quite addicted to a very glittery pink by OPI called Teenage Dream.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pedicures are heavenly! The attention you get while letting you feet soak and then having your feet pampered is really relaxing. I got my last one at the residence of the nail technician about 2.5 weeks ago and wore 6" nude pumps with bootcut jeans and a camel-colored cardigan to the pedicure. $30 very well spent! I encourage everyone to enjoy one of these every so often. HappyinHeels:wavey:

went to go get a pedicure today it was alot of fun. I had chosen a color before my appointment so i think the nail tech did not notice that i had chosen a color. As we were approaching the end which is usually my favorite part she said ok all done. That is when I handed her a bottle of a dark red OPI she looked at it and said color? oh ok shrugged her shoulders and no further comments were made. Everyone go get a pedicure ASAP they feel amazing!