inside of shoe

stellah

Do you ever think about the inside color and material of the shoes.? mean - do you ever wonder if the inside lining should be the same colour as the ouside, plain white or it doesn't matter? And whether it is soft and smooth or anything harder...

With boots the material is very important - some boots it feels so nice inside that you don't want to take them off at all, where others seem to be unconfortable and tackling inside...

Posted Image

Credits to Rockman for the pumps pic

HH forever!

It's defenitely important. But what's the best material, I wouldn't be able to say. I got several pairs of Bronx boots, which have some kind of textile lining inside. They're very easy to get on and off, with and without socks, and they don't glue to your leg if you perspirate. I got of course also several other pair of leather lined boots which fantastically enclose the lower leg, but after several hours of use in warm weather they soak up the sweat and that makes them smelly in the long term and doesn't feel nice either (when taking them off)... About the color... hmmm, i really like oxblood or wine red leather lining in a black shoe. I think it looks classy. Natural brown is ok too, but not so chique. Bert

What's all the fuss about?

I really like silver as the colour for the lining. I am not sure why. And it has nothing to do with clouds or be being positive. Silver just goes well with every colour. And seeing the shiny silver sinde some of my shoes, it makes me wish I had a pair of silver stiletto pumps. Something to save for...

Black for me or deep red is nice too. Many good quality boots come with the fabric sock lining, but really top quality tend to have soft leather which are nice barefoot. I don't mind either, or even soft plastic lining and wear with socks. I'm easily pleased :smile:

Oh this really appeals to my pure fetish. oh for sure Contrast is nice Dark shoe light insole.. smooth of course, that way my stockinged foot glides in seductively. Dipping and Dangling becomes much more erotic when there is a glimps of white inside a black patent shoe. I remember as a boy wearing mums 4 inch pumps black leather with a light blue insole. Such fond memories.

Speaking as a designer, the inside of the shoe is as an important design decision as the outside. Some designers have a "trademark" colour or even a printed material like Zodiac. The more expensive the shoe [or boot] the more extravagant or outrageous the lining will be. For example Gucci could well do a plain chocolate brown shoe with an electric blue lining, stunning! The most expensive boots will have a soft leather lining in the shaft with a piece of suede around the heel and sometimes goretex around the foot, slightly cheaper ones will have a nice fabric lining. Those lined with plastic or sponge backed nylon would probably be the cheapest.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I think you've got it dead right with respect to quality versus probable lining Dr S. My experience entirely. It's easy to forget but the lining is almost the same area as the uppers, so a top notch lining can almost double the cost of that aspect of the materials. It was nice to hear of your experiences Brian. Strange how these little things can make a difference.

Hello,

well a nice colored lining of the shoe is really good for the look of the shoe, if it's not worn - but it's not the most important thing for me.

Talking about the colors - yes silver is fine:

Posted Image

Blue can also be fine, I'd say:

Posted Image

But also some simple light insole of dark shoes can be fine:

Posted Image

Anyway, I really prefer leather for the lining of a shoe!

best wishes

Joak

http://www.joak.org

Colour is of secondary importance. Comfort is the prime concern for most shoe wearers whether it's heels or flats. With heels the area around the front of the foot is important as it's where most of the body weight is taken and where the highest pressures occur, both under the ball of the foot and the upper toe areas.

Most of my pairs have nice fabric lining, which is probably my favourite. I don't like going barefoot inside my boots, so I generally wear knee-highs with them. But yeah, the lining does make a difference. As for colour - silver is great, otherwise I couldn't say I'm that bothered.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I think colour matters to me because I like to look over and see the shoes in my bedroom, there on the floor... we have an extra littkle plant stand from Ikea, and my sister brought it to my room. She set it up in front of my closet and put my white 5.5 stiletto pumps on the stand. It looks nice that way, and the silver reflect at night from the hints of light that are outside. It makes it interesting and very much a visual display.