Are the stores finally listening to us?

HeelD

Are you sure they weren't just using the men's rack because all the ladies shoe racks were filled? ;)

Well, duh! Of course, I just thought it was an amusing thing and decided to post it. :o

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Well, duh! Of course, I just thought it was an amusing thing and decided to post it. ;)

I gotta say, If I had seen that display, and it is pretty cool, I would have sit down and started trying on shoes just for fun.

real men wear heels

Oh please, can nobody see the funny side!! Irony injection needed pls!! Wouldnt buy those shoes tho, but i have bought some from tk maxx ages ago. Good point johnnieheel, ask for your size and see how you get on!!

:w00t2:I sow it at wonse, ;):o somebody just can't see the fun.... lol

Now that is humorous! Good catch HeelD!

It was actually my other half who spotted it - I decided to take a picture of it.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

There you are, proof positive that Americans don't understand irony!!! ROTFLMAO

Does that mean some of us have irony-poor blood?

(Oh, yeah, that's a bad one ;) )

Have a happy time!

There you are, proof positive that Americans don't understand irony!!! ROTFLMAO

Don't understand ironing? Sure, we understand ironing! Just heat the irons up in the fireplace and get the wrinkles outta the shirt collars! What's not to understand? ;)

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

For those that don't get it, Irony means anything that looks like it's made of iron. As in "that copper tube's a bit irony mate, are you sure it's pure copper?" Tara's in silly mode again!!!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I disagree with Dr. Shoe that “(There you are, proof positive that) Americans don't understand irony!!!”

Irony brings to mind images of:

• “Hey, I got this magnet stuck to my leg.”

• “Here is how to flatten a wrinkled knee”

I really liked the picture of the Men’s shoe rack but some could have interpreted it as:

• Being racked with pain

• Stretching things too far (think medieval torture)

• A funny looking Oracle computer system (geek use of the word)

• Poorly organized shoes (billiards)
I’ll quit now. The Oxford English Dictionary dedicated four pages to the word rack.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Does that mean some of us have irony-poor blood?

(Oh, yeah, that's a bad one ;) )

NO-no, that's just the opposite of irony. It's more like the guy who took too much Geratol and all the compass needles started pointing at him. You know, like: "Hey Ma, you need to use more oil in yer cooking 'cause my pipes are starting to get rusty.":silly:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

• 3 months later...

I saw the shoes in bins marked "Men's." I agree about it being merely lousy shopkeeping, shoes carelessly dumped in the incorrect bin. It is not "irony" by a long shot. Now, if in fact it was merely poor shopkeeping as I believe it was, what would be irony would be if men bought every shoe in those bins, wore them in public, then went back to the shop wearing those very shoes asking for more. When the shopgirls tell the men they don't have them plus they are "women's shoes," the men say, "We bought them here and they were in the Men's bins!" That is irony. Yes, "irony" is cheap metal.

"To kiss, pretty Saki, thy shoes' pretty tips, is better than kissing another girl's lips." -Omar Khayyam

. . . It's more like the guy who took too much Geratol and all the compass needles started pointing at him. You know, like: "Hey Ma, you need to use more oil in yer cooking 'cause my pipes are starting to get rusty.":silly:

Naah, he just had a magnetic personality 8)

Have a happy time!