Low rise boot cut jeans for men

loveheel

I noticed several stores in the US have started to market low rise boot cut jeans for men. You can find some on the structure web site (www.structure.com). When I saw them I was a bit disappointed, but maybe the boot cut and flare will attract some serious boot wearing

by men. A start ?

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a womens big size jeans. The only thing weird is the zipper being the other way around but no one sees the difference. I had a few questions where i got thm from. GJ

small or big doesn't matter, wear your heels proud .... that is!

I'd never realised the difference. I've seen womens trousers with the zip at the front and at the side too. The thing I don't like about many women's trousers is they have zero or crap pockets. Since I like pockets I don't buy them even if I do like the cut.

Well you may be right there, but all of those kinds of styles I have seen have been long in the leg as as well. I thought these kind of trousers were known as hipsters, but low rise makes sense as well. I don't know if they'd be suitable for men though because the hips aren't the right shape to hold them up. and unless you want expose belly button, there doesn't seem much point.

Hey, that's the idea for the girls - to expose the navel! Wear those with a shortie blouse or shirt and bare the midriff. I know a young, pretty girl who does just that. The cuffs are dragging on the ground and they are just hanging on the hips. The LA Times posted a picture a couple of weeks ago in an article on school IDs, showing a girl wearing an ID on a cord hanging around her neck. The girl was wearing very short low-rise shorts (hot pants?) and a high-cut blouse with navel in full view. As you would expect, they got lots of letters about inappropriate attire. They didn't show the lower legs or feet, but high heels would have really finished her off with some of the readers!

Yes, at least here in the US, "low rise" means that the pants is shorter on the hop so that it rides more on the hip than close above it. No need to show the navel. THey still look very good with a shirt tucked in, as long as they are not super low cut. I have several women's pants. The only problem with the zipper is that it is very short. Women don't have the same need for the zipper than men...

There I was, embarrassed at asking the question, and now I see that you all were talking at cross purposes anyway :smile: . As for 'near the ground' trousers, yes, that's me in a big way. I initially decided to go for them as they'd show heels less, but experiments with glass-fronted buildings proved that it hides less than you think. But I just like the look. Jeans with less of a waist, which I thought were called 'hipsters', only appeal to me on women. I've seen styles which combine both, and they look great, but not on me. I must admit, tho', I wore my jeans lower on the hips last week (I forgot my belt!) and it felt good, but I don't think I'd make a habit of it. I kept tripping over my own trouser legs!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

The rise is the distance from the crotch seam between the legs up the front to the top of the pant. According to the Victoria's Secret (victoriassecret.com) catalog...High is 11-13, natural is 10-11, low is 9-10 very low is 7-9. the first number is for like a size 2 (US) and the second number is for a size 10- same as a size 3 shoe will have a lower heel that a 14 (US Womans) in the same style. "Hip huggers" was what was used in the 70s for low or very low rise pants. I am guessing the marketing departments decided to call them low or super low (levis.com) rise so they do not seem so 70s retro. I am just getting into them and want to get my wife some. I would like to find some high chunky heel bots and a longer length pait also. Renee

One thing I like about the Structure stores is that their low rise bootcut styles are not limited to just jeans. I bought two pairs of really nice dress pants with this cut while at the mall a few weeks ago. Now some of my cooler chunky, higher heeled boots look good in a more dressy scenario. I've never cared for the look of these boots with the usual straight leg cut of most men's dress pants................. Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Hi Gang, I fell in love with the girls low rise look last year. Being a teenager of the 70's the look went out of style before I could get into it. I went to the mall and tried on some of the womens Levis 518 last year and just had to have them only problem is I'm 6'5" but you can special order up to a 40 inch inseam from Levis "Original Spin" arond $80.00 :smile: So I bit the bullet and ordered a pair with at 36 inch inseam "really shows the shoes". The first time I wore them out a girl told me she loved my jeans just when I walked into the bar, friend of my but that made me feel good. Didn't get any comments on the PayLess ankle boots with a 2 inch block heel but I felt I was pushing it enough for the time, I had dropped 65 pounds over the summer that was a shock to alot of my friends along with the look. I put in an order last week for a pair with a 39 inch inseam and just cant wait till they get here so I can get my blade heel boots out :grin: and go :drinking: Don't mess with the guy's jeans I have tried them on and they are nice but too loose and not much lower than the standard.... Keep them low and tight with the right top + heels = fun :grin: Kelly

I may be missing the point here (hey, that's nothing new), but if you're looking for the "bootcut" jeans ... ie quite tight on the thigh but flared over the shoe/boot ... then Next (in teh UK) have quite a range, FOR MEN !!! That gives you the standard "female" look of the moment, especially if you buy their extra-long leg versions. I got some, though my wife thinks they make me look "too feminine". The 4" heels are fine (she says), just not with those jeans ... LOL ... so now jeans are "feminine" but heels are fine. What world are we living in ...

Levies carries boot cut for men here in the U.S. and I just bought a pair. I believe they are the men’s 518 stile but I am not sure because I left them at GF's place. They were on sale to for $25!!! :grin: Any way they hug my butt :grin: and I like it. :grin: Now which end of my body will get the most attention?? My High heel boots? or my bum? :smile:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

The 518's are WOMEN's jeans, not men's. Levis makes a 517 for guys, but the 518 is the low-rise boot cut jean for women. I have a pair and they do fit wonderfully.

Matt

:smile: Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me!!!! :grin: Like I said I left them at my GF's house and I could not rember the stile number for men's... But I did try on the women's to, but they were to baggy around my hips.....I wonder why!!?? :grin:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

There are some excellent 'boot cut' jeans in H&M in the UK. I wear them nice and long with spike heel boots. The hem drags slightly on the floor and should acquire a nice worn and frayed appearance. The heels make the occasional flirtatious appearance and the flare means the pointed (slightly uplifted) toes just peak out the front. Nice.

Why don't you try mail order at Alloy.com. They specialize in teen and young adult girl's jeans, among other things, but feature jeans in Junior sizes to 25 (that means REAL BIG!) and inseams to 37 inches for those girls who like to wear 4" thick soled sandals and still have their hems drag the ground. Naturally, they are all low riders, some button fly, some lace-up, some "whisker wash"; they even have low-rise Dickies chino flares with 37" inseams. Average price is about $35-40/pair. Shipping is free for orders over $75 in the states at least. No I don't work for them! :smile:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

OK, I know I'm being dumb here, but what are 'low-rise jeans'?

Yamyam;

I have a Newport News fashion catalog that illustrates low-rise jeans as jeans the don't go as high as the navel (belly button) area.

Here is what I found at commercial fashion web sites:

Earl Jean's stunning designs give good old denim a makeover, creating deliciously sexy jeans that work for any occasion. These stretch denim boot-cut jeans feature the signature Earl slim cut, along with an extra, extra low rise (approximately 4 inches below the belly button).

Lee® Low Rise Jeans

Five-pocket styling that sits low on the waist, with straight legs and an easy fit through the seat and thighs.

I hope this helps you.

PJ

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

Thanks, PJ. - Wait a minute. Four inches below the belly button?!? What have I got here that's about four inches? (Like you all couldn't guess :smile: ) That's really low! I don't think I'll try those trousers!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Hi Hoverfly,

I see you are from the same area of the US. Where did you buy the 518 jeans. I haven't seend them around. Hugging my but sounds fine.

Levies Kittery Mall Outlets on Route 1, Kittery Maine . Just accross the border, Exit 3 off of I-95. Men's are 517 and women's are the 518.

They have a Candies store right next to it to!!! :smile:

The picture below illustrates what I refer to as "low rise jeans". In fact, they are about as low as you can get for public wear. :smile:

I know this thread is for guys. But my collection of pictures does not include males.

PJ

Posted Image

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

:smile: I say a little to low, I think you have to do a little bit of shaving/waxing there!!! :grin: I think these are more practical.

Posted Image

Thanks, PJ.

- Wait a minute. Four inches below the belly button?!? What have I got here that's about four inches? (Like you all couldn't guess :grin: ) That's really low! I don't think I'll try those trousers!

You could always push it all under the crotch like a tranny!!! :smile:

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

The picture below illustrates what I refer to as "low rise jeans". In fact, they are about as low as you can get for public wear. :smile:

I know this thread is for guys. But my collection of pictures does not include males.

PJ

Posted Image

woooow... this looks naughty!!!

What's all the fuss about?

Well for me its the 518s they are just right along with the Old Navy Low Rise. I find them very comfortable compared to the mens style jeans. The rise is about 2 1/2 to 3 inches lower than the typical men's jeans so they button just below your stomach and not across it. They feel a little strange at first and you worry about you crack showing when you set down or bend over but these jeans are fairly safe. Just remember to wear a nice thong just incase you would happen to put on a little show :smile: I think they look real good on a guy or girl but leave the ultra low rise like the girl above for the women guys are just not built for that. Women can show a lot but the guys only need to give a little peek aver now and then :grin: