Experiences from Punitiveshoes

Strawberry

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It took longer than expected, because the factory apparently goes on holiday for about three weeks in August, early September, but my ballet sandals have finally arrived.

In fairness to them, when I asked what was taking them so long, they replied within a couple of days explaining the situation, and emailed me to say that they had been dispatched. It took only 2 days to get from Italy.

The quality of the leather, and the fixing of the heel is some of the best that I have seen, better than the LSB or qualityfetish.

Overall, I would say that they are worthwhile doing business with.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Glad to hear that you have finally recieved them and they certainly look good on the pictures. However, I was surprised to find that you have ordered the "slingback" version. What is your experiences from wearing the shoe? Is it too unstable and is the sole sturdy enough for walking? Looking forward to more pictures as well as a video of you walking in them! I am seriously thinking of buying my dear Wanda´s now, especially after being inspired from the german TV-show Sat1 Good luck!

I deliberately went for the sandal for a number of reasons. I already have a pair of qualityfetish ankle ballet boots, and so does everybody else who wants a pair. These were different and hark back to the 50's and 60's when they were first invented. Have a look in the reprint of the magazine Exotique and you'll see a similar pair being worn by the editor. That is probably where the inspiration came from. I always liked the design and here was a chance to own a pair. Walking in them is a very different prospect to wearing ballet boots. I knew that when I bought them. Wearing these gives new meaning to the words "you're grounded". I can just about stand in them, but once they're on, I'm not going anywhere. If ballet boots are to be regarded as a bondage item, these are the ultimate. Before you buy your boots, however, I have to warn you of one thing. I've compared these shoes to the ballet boots made by qualityfetish and there are a very big differences. The heel on these is about half an inch higher than on my boots, even though the foot length is the same. The pitch of the foot is between five and ten degrees greater. In these, you really are thrown right the way forward. Having said that, the fixing on the heel is much more stable, because whereas the boot has a defined "arch" to which the heel is attched at the back, the sandal has a much flatter sole. The heel is a lot thicker at the top and is attached to about twice as much of the sole as on the boots. It makes for a much more robust heel and less likely to separate.

Before you buy your boots, however, I have to warn you of one thing. I've compared these shoes to the ballet boots made by qualityfetish and there are a very big differences. The heel on these is about half an inch higher than on my boots, even though the foot length is the same. The pitch of the foot is between five and ten degrees greater. In these, you really are thrown right the way forward.

Having said that, the fixing on the heel is much more stable, because whereas the boot has a defined "arch" to which the heel is attched at the back, the sandal has a much flatter sole. The heel is a lot thicker at the top and is attached to about twice as much of the sole as on the boots. It makes for a much more robust heel and less likely to separate.

So, that means that it might be more difficult to learn to walk in shoes from PunitiveShoes but on the other hand they will probably last longer? Can you walk in your boots from Qualifetish?

I'm relearning how to walk in the q/f boots. My first pair were a little shoe box pair which I used to be able to wander about the house in quite freely. These one's it's taking a bit more time, mainly because I've put on weight and the heel on the q/f boots is very thin compared with the LSB style. I can honestly say there is no way I will ever be able to walk in the sandals though.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the punitive shoes really cranks the ankle instead of reducing the stress by arching the foot a bit. Not sure who made my first pair of BB's, I got them from Arch Enemys *gag*, and while I can stand up straight for photo's I have to walk with slightly bent knees.. the newer pair I have from Dungeonz (germany, dungeonz.de) reduces the stress, and has a little lower heel. While the dungeonz shoes are much easier to stand and walk in while on carpet the heel and sole area are a bit too flexible and tend to flex while walking making for some strange noises and odd sensations. This was noted while wandering around a hotel in miami looking for an ice machine a month ago :lol: Good luck with the punitive shoes style, keep us updated how you're doing. I've been pondering the idea of using one of their styles to make a ballet bootsuit type item... :(

(formerly known as "JimC")