Another shaving question

radiodave

Hey ho, I did some searching and I see it's been discussed a lot, but I haven't found this specific problem I seem to have. I've shaved my legs a few times, either using a razor or Nair, and that part goes fine. The trouble is when it starts to grow back. The hairs snag my pants, get very irritated, and it's not a good thing. I had a couple of them get ingrown, and that's really not a good thing. Once they get irritated, I really can't use the Nair or shave again because that makes them more irritated. They grow fast too, so I would practically have to shave every day. Any ideas? I'm not 100% sure I'd want to go the permanent route (electrolysis or laser), but those are expensive, and I can't really justify the cost. I'd be cool with being able to shave when I want, if only it wasn't such a problem when they grow back.

Wax seems like a good idea, or maybe hair removal creme, have your tried that? I'd never heard of ingrowing hairs before!

Propane? Burn them off. Sorry, I'm in a mood. But it's all good~!

real men wear heels

I have had the same problem when the hair grows back. What I have found is that shaved legs are fairly high maintance. When I have bare legs, I use a salt scrub when I shower in between shavings and after showering, I use plenty of lotion. That seems to reduce any irritations between shavings. When you let it grow back in, you will likely get a few irritations, but they will pass... Plus I am too much of a baby to wax... Good luck!

Style is built from the ground up!

I have the worst regrowth & am quite a hairy dude. Here are a few key pointers that have helped me. 1. Use a new razor everytime (preferably disposable & try a woman's blade i.e. Venus or whatnot) 2. Use female shaving cream, as opposed to gilette or whatever you use on your face because male shaving creams encourage hair growth. 3. Exfoliate with a beaded scrub on days/nights inbetween shaves 4. Moisturize well as much as you can. 5. Shave in the morning, at night your skin is tired & tight as opposed to being rested & loose. 6. Take your time & don't shave too hard (I am guilty of doing this to save time, but believe me slower & softer you go, the less intense the regrowth. 7. You could use an electric trimmer to break down the hairs before you shave as well. 8. Unless you're completely CD & need to have a smooth butt (I like skirts & hose, but I leave my butt alone) only trim the hair down. The worst growth is spiky hairs on your butt & right under it. Especially if you sit down at work. Aggh. 9. Good luck!!

oh well here we go again, me bein a funny fk again... don't have any to shave on me legs but hear me out, the top half down to me hampton is well hairy, but below that... zilch chest 42", waist 30", size 6 (39) shoes.. erm some difference..... i feel like 2 separate parts put together, top half male, bottom half female, whole new meaning to bisexual but that's how my body feels!!

I have the worst regrowth & am quite a hairy dude. Here are a few key pointers that have helped me.

1. Use a new razor everytime (preferably disposable & try a woman's blade i.e. Venus or whatnot)

2. Use female shaving cream, as opposed to gilette or whatever you use on your face because male shaving creams encourage hair growth.

3. Exfoliate with a beaded scrub on days/nights inbetween shaves

4. Moisturize well as much as you can.

5. Shave in the morning, at night your skin is tired & tight as opposed to being rested & loose.

6. Take your time & don't shave too hard (I am guilty of doing this to save time, but believe me slower & softer you go, the less intense the regrowth.

7. You could use an electric trimmer to break down the hairs before you shave as well.

8. Unless you're completely CD & need to have a smooth butt (I like skirts & hose, but I leave my butt alone) only trim the hair down. The worst growth is spiky hairs on your butt & right under it. Especially if you sit down at work. Aggh.

9. Good luck!!

Thanks Lucky guy! I'll apply those steps on my bald head. Sounds like a great idea. Didn't know mens shaving cream prometed hair growth. I always shave hard and fast also. And as for the beaded scrubb, my gf uses that so I'll try it on my head. Thanks again.

real men wear heels

Hi, All these ideas are on the right track but I recommend waxing for both time, cost and finish. I get my legs waxed at a salon now because it takes only 45mins every 4 weeks, costs negligible amount but the finish is superb. The added benefit is now I'm 6 months down the track of this my hair regrowth is fine and lessening. I still have to exfoliate my legs to prevent ingrown hairs so I use a loofah in the shower. My advice would be to wax.... and you can't do a good job of waxing yourself...I tried and it was really really hard work. Whatever you do I wish you success. rgds Heel-Lover

Hi all, After a couple of years of switching between electric shavin and epilating, I'm pretty much sticking with the epilator now. Seems to be doing a reasonble job, and my legs are looking nice for the summer. I've also been using a body moisturiser with a tanning agent in it. The effect is very natural. All best wishes, Tosca

Still rainin' still dreamin'

Hi all,

......I'm pretty much sticking with the epilator now. Tosca

I've used an epilator a few times, boy does that hurt, last time I tried a new method of pain relief, getting completely pissed on Southern Comfort beforehand---worked a treat ;)

Heeluim

Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new.

Propane? Burn them off. Sorry, I'm in a mood. But it's all good~!

Don't try this at home !! :-)

I save my legs every morning in the shower with ordenary soap and a disposable razor. I like to feel the lining of my skirt on smooth legs.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

Go on ebay and buy one of those electrolysis pens. They aren't that expensive! One of them, i think it's called the E-Pen, has attachments that allow you to zap the hairs in large areas, so you don't have to take so long zapping each one. I won't be ever shaving my legs, but my face is a different story. I've always had VERY sensitive skin, and my hair grows back in a heartbeat whenever i shave. So, i am going to take my own advice and buy one of those E-Pen's on ebay, but not right now, since i have a lot of other things i've bid on lately. With the price of electrolysis here in the U.S. at salons, i think i will try the in-home solution.

Epilating hurts, but just the first time. After that, if you do it regularly, the hairs aren't as firmly attached and it doesn't hurt at all to pluck them out with an epilator. Shower in hot water, use a sponge to exfoliate dead skin, use Ivory or Dial (but not a moisturing soap or shower gel that leaves a slippery film because the hairs won't be grabbed by the epilator), dry off well, and then epilate. I've tried both the Emjoi and Braun, and I like the Braun much better. 45 minutes ever 10 days or so and it's smoother than shaving. GWL