Ballet boot nature walk

Hey everyone! I stopped at a FL Everglades nature walk for a little ballet heel practice and decided to take a couple vids. I did not walk the entire 1/3 mile, or 1.3 mile trail, but did spend some quality time on my toes.

Feel free to comment on the vids on youtube as well as here ;)

Thanks

(formerly known as "JimC")

Thanks, I should have done a 'behind the scenes' shot also, since the camera has a 10 second delay before it starts taking video I had 10 seconds to get far enough away for 15 seconds worth of walking. Never tried jogging in ballet boots before, let alone on packed shellrock. I was happy to see that the heels didnt dig in too bad into the trail, when I tried to move quick the toe area of the boot actually dug in, which left some -very- odd tracks... oh well ;)

• 2 weeks later...

alexis: Well, i've had ballet heels for several years now, but never really had a steady training program. I seem to have had a good amount of ankle flexability from the start, so that helped even with the first day's that I had my boots. I think that proper support of the foot is key to being able to walk in them, not to mention enough ankle strength to keep from folding sideways and causing a bit of a problem. I still have not mastered these boots, if you watch I have a bit of ankle wobble, but I'm definatly on the right track for finding a boot setup that will offer 'comfortable' walking for a significant amount of time. I'll keep everyone updated if I have any significant improvments to my setup

• 3 months later...

Awww, I'm not -that- good.. if I was a petite ex ballet dancer I think my setup might be good for all day wear, but considering I cannot make ballet wearing my profession I'll stick with what I have. I wouldnt mind being able to spend enough time in these to get rid of the little bit of an ankle wobble I still have, but considering I don't tip far enough to cause problems with my ankles I doubt I should worry too much. Inline skating in my past definatly helped give me some lateral stability, while they didnt have quite the leverage bending my ankle over as ballet boots do, I think I have an advantage over someone who is starting from scratch.