Men in high heel, ck this out!

johnieheel

Since the manufacturers are slowly starting to get the hint anyway, and are making heels in varying styles and sizes up to 17, I think they're gearing up for the oncoming rush of male buying power! Hmmmmm! The light at the end of the tunnel may actually be closer than we think?

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

wow that article is a sudden positive outburst, i wonder where that has sprung from. perhaps it should be put on a style page in a newspaper or something. Pity it didnt show any pics of what it was referring to, but sounds a step in the right direction

When I read the article, I thought it was kind of forced. Like those pages which mention a certain phrase lots of times to get a high ranking in a search engine so someone will go to their page and click on some adverts. I'm not convinced it is much of a "trend". I haven't seen any evidence of it anyway. Lets face it, 1 1/2-2" is not a proper heel. That's always been available in men's shoes. If we start seeing 3 -4", that's a real trend.

Indeed. Take a look at the other articles on the page too! There was some advice on running up huge credit card bills because the world's ending in 2012 and there was one trying to draw connections between Osama Bin Laden and other famous (or infamous) people. Take it seriously? I don't think so. The trend will happen though because men are taking more of an interest in shoes. I went to a fetish club in the early 90s and the only guys in heels were transgendered girls. Now you go to the Torture garden or Club rub and half the guys are in heels.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Yes, one clueless old bint there kept on going on about how men would be a "danger to themsleves" and, if they got drunk (another post) they would be a "danger to themselves" etc (sic). I don't know if she thought her pet phrase would raise a bit of a laugh but, it simply emphasised to me what an ignorant person she was. If she fancies having a couple of bottles of wine with me and then we'll see who can walk better in 4 inch heels, she's welcome to the challenge. Anyone with an account there can quote me on that. I can't be bothered to sign up to make the point!

Yes, one clueless old bint there kept on going on about how men would be a "danger to themsleves" and, if they got drunk (another post) they would be a "danger to themselves" etc (sic). I don't know if she thought her pet phrase would raise a bit of a laugh but, it simply emphasised to me what an ignorant person she was.

If she fancies having a couple of bottles of wine with me and then we'll see who can walk better in 4 inch heels, she's welcome to the challenge.

Anyone with an account there can quote me on that. I can't be bothered to sign up to make the point!

The main reason I signed up was to spread the word a little farther about men in heels and that it is comming very much alive. The more we let people in the world know using every opertunity we can, the better I think.

real men wear heels

^ I think you have a point there johnieheel. There tends to be a snowball effect...The more we talk about men in heels online, the more opportunities we create for other people to talk about it too, and the more it gets into peoples minds....and the less shocking it becomes over time because people have already been exposed to the concept.

For instance, back on August 27, 2004, I started a thread at The Fashion Spot which was entitled Opinions on This Look. It had its own dedicated thread for a short while until the moderators merged it with Pairing shoes clothes help thread. (post 50, page 3)

But that thread that I started on 9/27/04 inspired jj11 to start the Men In Heels thread, on 11/11/04. Just look at how long that thread has been alive! Its the 15th most REPLIED to thread and the 17th most viewed thread in the shoes, shoes, shoes section.

Then I canvassed other fashion forums including but not limited to: style.com for women (11/14/05). The snowball effect was FOURFOLD from this post alone.

First, this thread "inspired" skaterchick in the mens style.com forum to copy my thread, virtually in duplicate and post in in the men's style.com forums (12/19/05). She started off her post with, "the other day i read an article about a group of men that wear womens high heels." The she linked to the exact same pictures I posted in the womens section.

Second, this thread inspired member Simone to ask me for an interview on her fashion blog. I did so kindly.

Third, if you remember reading the stylebites.com blog 2/27/07 post, Men In Heels: The Next Big Thing?. She started her post off with the words, "On a recent trip trolling through the Style.com fashion forums, I came across something different." That means she got the idea to discuss men in heels from my post at style.com

Fourth, another fashion blog called Hip Candy was also "inspired" to talk about the style.com article she read about men in heels (3/12/07).

You can read about additional online evangelical adventures in this thread.

For similar reasons I created the The World's Largest Database of Men In Heels Pictures...at photobucket. My hope is for this picture collection to become equally referenced over time by other people.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

There wasn't much truth to the original article. If there were, you would see companies like Zappos.com starting to carry men's shoes with higher heels. If you do a search on that site for all dress shoes or all casual shoes, you won't see a thing other than western boots with any kind of high heel at all. So I'd say it's all wishful thinking at this point <sigh>. That should not stop us from pushing the envelope, however, and making some hay out of the publicity if we can. But I still don't believe it's much of a trend right now. GWL

In my opinion, we don't need an official "trend" to be successful.

We just need increased awareness, increased education, and increased tolerance for our idiosyncratic shoe tastes. Examples of all three are prevalent in the aforementioned links above.

As a case in point, consider Leyla M over at The Fashion Spot. Supposedly, she claims to reside in London and Monaco, helps operate a business in the fashion industry in Kuwait, and averages 7.63 posts per day (12,754 total).

In her second post on 10/28/05 on the Heels for Men thread she stated,

"

hmm, well heels on a woman are to make her look sexy and maybe more attractive by adding height and posture etc...basically heels enhance a womans looks

.. however on a man its not sexy at all.. (again thats my opinion but i think i am talking from a lot of female point of views) it just looks like men need to live this urge of feeling what woman feel in wearing heels.. which i just cannot relate to fashion but to fetish.

the only time i can let it pass is when its actually worn with the specific style... i.e. ALEJANDRO (our mod is a good example) can pull them off without looking odd...

otherwise i went over and over the pictures that have been posted and as much i appreciate different taste i must say its definitely NOT fashion in my books :o sorry guys dont attack me ;) "

Contrast the tone in the 10/28/05 post with the tones in her 4/15/07 and 4/17/07 posts below:

kneehighs,

with all due respect your reply made me giggle a little..

not liking a guy in heels is not comparable to wanting a woman who cooks, cleans, walks your dog, etc...

did i say i want him to bring home the bacon? nope

i like MENS SHOES, i find them sexy on a man. as a woman, i simply find it a turn off when a man wears ladies shoes, thats all.

i did in no way imply its wrong. but in this thread, there surely are some examples which from a fashion point of view AND MY (i clearly state MY) point of view it wasn't that clear back on 10/28/05 that she was speaking only for herself. The argument could have been made that she was speaking for everyone elseare a huge NO NO. its nothing to do with being stylish anymore.but back on 10/28/05 she said "the only time I can let it pass is when its actually worn with a specific style

and nowhere did i say i like men with big feet. i would even moreso like "no" heels on men who have a 40 shoe size

to each their own but pls dont put words in my mouth

tjlakes,

not at all.. but i find it amusing that most men on here compare high heels for men to jeans or pants on women....

its also interesting that men in this thread get so defensive (i almost feel im in the victoria beckham thread ) with their heels.

clothes are a different story as it goes way back in history and traditions.

to make it clear, i have nothing against men in dishdashas or kilts as they are traditional and look right if thats where you come from.

however, if i recall high heels (i precise HIGH) are not something thats gone down in fashion history as worn by men. you had all sorts of heels but not 5inch and higher stripper heels!!!

i am simply disturbed by men who wear heels that i hardly see on ANY woman unless she works in a specific industry.now she seems to be more specific in her objection, being 5" stripper heels

i mean, come on, lets be honest here. 5 inch heels is not something that is so common with women either.... let alone men..

i

some of you guys seem so confident and i applaude you for that.

however with all this confidence, i would love to see pictures of you and dego and others with these super high heels. its nice to put a face to those who defend "the high heels for men cause"

again, i dont have anything against it. you don't have ANYTHING against it???what i do mind, is someone arguing that it is the same thing as me wearing pants and that heels look great "if only you give it a go"

Frankly, I think "we" are breaking down Leyla M's wall of defense over time. And in the same way we are breaking down Leyla M with continuous exposure to the concept of men in heels online, so I think we can conclude that we are breaking down others wall of defenses as well--over time. We are like stonecutters that hammer and hammer and hammer again at a rock. Eventually we create enough of an opening in the rock, that the rock ultimately splits into smaller pieces.

And to break down a wall of defense it doesn't have to be an official trend evidenced by increased manufacture of size 12's and 13's necessarily. At least in my view, increased awareness, education, and tolerance for our unique shoe tastes is success in it of itself.

Long may our online community awareness programs continue!

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I can't be bothered slugging it out with a load of fashionistas most of whom have got pretty set opinions. It's much more effective just wearing heels outside where you get far greater exposure. And to be honest, you are actually doing it and setting a trend in the real world, as opposed to spouting off on some internet board where you get guys pretending to be girls, and other people making all sorts of stuff up.

Kneehighs - I agree with you. Every time I go out and people see what shoes (and outfit) I'm wearing, it's slowly chipping away at society's perception of us. If just one person thinks, "Hmmm, yeah that does work on him", then that persons view will gradually filter down to maybe a few of his or her friends. If each person, when faced with the reality of heel wearing men, forms a positive opinion then eventually these individuals will become a larger section of society. It will take time.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

well, I can tell you that out where I live (in south orange county CA (USA) I'm PROBABLY the ONLY guy that has worn heels out (when I can) & the majority of guys here have NO sense of fashion of ANY kind, I mean like BORING would be the best way to discribe it. It almost make me laugh when I seen them (like in the super market where I work or like @ the local mall for instance) its ALL the same whenever & whereever I see most other guys!

well, I can tell you that out where I live (in south orange county CA (USA) I'm PROBABLY the ONLY guy that has worn heels out (when I can) & the majority of guys here have NO sense of fashion of ANY kind, I mean like BORING would be the best way to discribe it. It almost make me laugh when I seen them (like in the super market where I work or like @ the local mall for instance) its ALL the same whenever & whereever I see most other guys!

high heel boots with tall shafts should be always be for guys!

I don't take any notice of these fashion fascists. In 1980 I heard a stupid cow on the radio say that under no circumstances should a man wear a skirt and only scotsmen should wear kilts with a sporran. Two years later when man-skirts made a brief appearance she said the exact opposite...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

it really riles me up when i read some of these articles, which is why i post in the first place. why cant people just let others get on with what they choose in life, its not like it hurts anything. it winds me up a lot when people say, 'it only looks good on WOMEN' well i can think of plenty of unattractive sites of when say a huge woman has been wearing a really high pair of stilettos resembling a giant peach balanced on a needle. that look to me is worse that any normally dressed man in a smart pair of heels.

well new_look, those that do say heels only look good on women are most certainly MORONS! & yes, I do agree about FAT women who have NO bussiness wearing heels when it could not POSSIBLY make them look good by wearing them in the 1st. place! (talk about a mismatch)

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone has seen this article from Portland, OR posted in march 2007 on men in heels?

http://blogtown.portlandmercury.com/2007/03/high_heels_for_men.php

Cool pics and style, especially the last two. The comments posted are predictable!

david

An interesting link. But the comments are typical stereotypes from guys. No, no and no! I dare to reply to my gender comrades in the same manner. You all are cowards negating your interest for high heels by crying loudly: no, no and no! Why otherwise are you posting comments in the world wide web? To enlighten the world about ill minded guys or because you are yourselves interested in this subject ;):o

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

There is a perfect example of the most imature, narrow minded, live in a bubble all my life and don't see whats outside to explore and enjoy life cause thats the way I have been tought, kind of people I have ever seen.

real men wear heels

I agree with pumped up, luckily enough we can wear womens shoes (and jeans). I do fell sorry for those who have larger feet as the choice is boring, so lets hope for all of us that heels become seriously mainstream. I've often had women ask where I got (particularly one pair) jeans, so lets hope they ask about the shoes soon!