Your favorite boot fastening way?

stellah

To me it depends on the rest of the outfit and occassion. Prarie skirts go with knee high granny boots not side zip stilettos. conversely a long tight leather skirt would not go with knee high granny (lace up) boots. Granny ankle boots could go with jeans but with dress trousers could snag the material.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Zip ups are definitely convenient, but I find laceups fit a LOT better. Mind you I only have ankle boots so far. I'm after a pair of calf length boots soon, to just below the knee and from what I have seen I'll almost cretainly need to go for a zip boot as laceups tend to be really pricey. I have a nice pair of laceup stilletto ankle boots which feel great when laced up fairly tight

I prefer front laces for the following reasons: 1) When I'm wearing boot cut jeans, I wear them over my knee high boots. And when I'm wearing skin tight jeans, I wear my jeans inside of my knee high boots. Laces allow you to adjust for a snug fit no matter how you wear the jeans. I do love a snug fit. 2) Front laces are easier to reach than side laces. 3) Laces also allow adjustment if your feet swell such as when wearing boots for a long time. PJ

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.