Your favorite boot fastening way?

stellah

Well, good question - most time the laces makes the best fit. If you have them made to measure this will be the same for the zipper style. In most cases, I'd prefer laces, for waering them I'd say and for the look I'd prefer zipper. havent found any interesting pull-on boots in my sizes, so I can't say much about them...

Zip no doubt. I hate lacers as they take ages to fasten and I don't have that time. Pull-on boots are ok, but since they don't "hug" the leg as nicely as well-fitting zip boots, their effect on me is not as outspoken... Bert

What's all the fuss about?

I hate laces, I never liked them on shoes (I'm talking from being little boy here) and don't like the look and the effort it takes on boots. Pullons are ok if they are the stretchy materials that hug my legs, or the classical old boot if the leather is just right to be sufficiently stiff to keep the shafts up my legs but still soft so as not to hinder movements. My number one choice is zippers but never in front on top. Inside side zippers are ok when they run from the base of the sole at least till over the ankle. Full length zippers are ok if they are isolated from my legs by a small cover on the inside. Twin parralel zippers are the most practical and usually look good. Most beautifull and exciting for me but less practical is the zipper at the back. Anybody remembers the first velcro closures on boots at the end of the sixties? Endless adjustment possibilities and fast closure but usually closing with a full flap over the front from the bottom to the top.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

I'm afraid I'm going to go against the grain here and say that Pull-ons are my very favourite followed by back zip, then front zip, then side zip and finally laces.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I love zips! Side zip for me, followed by back zip, I guess. And it is partly that I love the noise of the zip going up, but I also quite like the quiet rattle of the zip as you walk. As for pull-ons, I've not yet found a pair that fit properly, but I'm prepared to keep shopping :smile: I've not yet seen a pair with laces that I really like, but that doesn't mean I won't. I saw a pair of pointy-toed 5" stiletto boots once, but despite trying every size from UK8 to UK11 I couldn't find a pair that seemed to fit right. I wouldn't buy the nearest pair for nearly UKP90!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

You all suck! Lazy, lazy, lazy! Laces are great fun. As for taking too long, that's your male mentality fault of always being in a hurry. Me, I just make time to lace up and I am thrilled. I actually enjoy the sensation if they are a nice pair of boots and thin laces. Of course, I prefer not to have to lace runners and I have them worked in to the point where I just wiggle them on and go.

Thank you all form these nice ideas about boots. I must say i like laces, too, but much less than zipper. I think I know where it comes from: usually men's boots are with front laces and men are used to that. But there are very few boots for men with zippers. So zipper boots are already interesting even without the heel - isn't it? So - zipper and high heel combined - there's on hell of a boot! And they do make a nice sound when walking - laces don't...

HH forever!

I think I'll answer the question :smile: better not let laurie see this pic she will wage war on platforms! :grin:

www.ladybwear.com/images/fullsize/dream.jpg if you haven't noticed i like laces then buckles then zips,

later,

TXT-1

Francis, yes, those sound great, perfect for being a motorcycle star one day... goddess on a bike, in laced up boots... Trollie - side lacers? I never thought about it, but wow, they look snazzy. Curse my timing, the big paycheque shows up when I need to pay rent! As for platforms... TXT, I'll pretend I didn't see anything and maintain the peace :smile:

I think I'll answer the question :smile: better not let laurie see this pic she will wage war on platforms! :grin:

www.ladybwear.com/images/fullsize/dream.jpg if you haven't noticed i like laces then buckles then zips,

later,

TXT-1

Yäk... those are defenitely not for me.

Bert

I dont like pull on boots as they are obviously plastic, and I could never get a pair to fit me. It is hard enough to find a pair of zip up boots that fit tmy legs properly (why do manufacturers think that people with a size 8/9 foot has a leg like a tree trunk?) I like the side zip variety, but do have a couple of pairs of lace up ankle boots which do fit snuggly.

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

I dont like pull on boots as they are obviously plastic, and I could never get a pair to fit me.

same here.

(why do manufacturers think that people with a size 8/9 foot has a leg like a tree trunk?)

It varies enormously, but most boots that I can get my feet in also fit my leg one way or another. I guess the circumference may vary several inches between manufacturers, but leather stretches nicely. Usually at least.

Bert

Zips as they're quick, accurate, and make a nice sound. I like laces too. I don't find them inconvenient and there's better ajustment on the instep. Do the laces people have mild bondage theme in the background? It's probably not true in most cases, but one of the things that might pass by unless you think about it.

Actually, when i said pull-on boots, I meant the traditional leather ones similar to the kind that was in style in the late 80s and not those horrid stretch boots. And to say that the stretch boots are always plastic is not neccesarily true, modern technology has made stretch leather possible. You can also get transparent leather too but it looks so disgusting it is never used!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.