High Expectations

JeffB

After almost two years of wearing high heels at the office, starting with stack heeled loafers, boots in fall and winter, and now standard pumps full time now, my co-workers have come to EXPECT me to be in heels every day. The only time they don't see me in heels is when I'm arriving at the office in my sneakers and when I leave at the end of the day. I even wear heels on casual Fridays now. I've gotten compliments from folks saying I have very stylish shoes, not stylish women's shoes, just stylish shoes! I've viewed this as a sign of genuine acceptance of what I choose to wear. Has anyone else experience this sort of thing?

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Well done, our lad! You have succeeded a lot indeed. That's the way with everything - you have to take in step-by step, not rushing and knocking everybody out :smile: So who else has achievements like Jeff?

HH forever!

After years of seeing me in different heels most of the time people that know me in stores or restaurants usually take a peek at my footwear to see what style I wear. This is never pejorative but I rarely get any comments good or bad. All these people including friends and neighbors act as they would talking to any man and know heels are part of my looks. I percieve their glancing down as normal as I also look at the shoes of girls and women, just curiosity and sometimes admiration when the style is nice.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Well, when people, namely co-workers glance down at my feet, it's often to see what I'm wearing that day. Everyone's now used to seeing me in heels that's no longer a big deal. While I'm on the subject of "high expectations", I've found of late that wearing anything UNDER three inches is a waste of my time while I'm most comfortable in four inchers. Perhaps in time, five inches will be my standard. I guess that could be seen as a sign of my evolution as I NEED to wear taller heels now.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!