money spend on heels

Dexter23

Well, don't think to much about it - if you thiink you make a good deal with spend some euro more, do it! If you think it's waisted money don't do so. In the last four month I've spend 100eur for one new pair - in March I've spend about 500euro for two other pairs - but don't want to miss any of them anyway... Joak

Ouch... sensitive subject... I try to keep my heel expenditure under about 100 eur/$ a month. The last few months that has been ok, since there simply wasn't anything worth buying. Last spring, after the summer sales, that limit was exceeded _slightly_, of course. So, over the last 2 years or how long have I been into this thing... a few thousand €/$ went down the drain. I have a secret database keeping track of these things, but I rather not add it all up :smile:

What's all the fuss about?

Out of curiosity I started a little recap from 1 jan 2002 till today 28 august 2002. Non European people can just substitute Dollars for Euro because their value is close today.

January: 5 pair for 167 Euro (winter sales and UK meet)

February: 1 pair for 25 Euro

March: 4 pair for 295 Euro (Thigh highs and pumps in Silhouette)

April: Bought nothing at all !!!

May: Bought nothing at all (still compensating the march expenses)

June: 3 pair for 140 Euro (in Portugal)

July: 5 pair for 145 Euro (Summer sales)

August: 4 pair for 102 Euro (Rotterdam final sales)

This brings the total damage for this year to 22 pairs for 874 Euro.

To balance this out I should admit I sold 16 pairs for 535 Euro during the same period through my for sale page on my website http://walk.to/highluc

The balance therefore is an acceptable additional 6 pair for 339 Euro in 8 months. I think nobody can blame somebody enjoying an addiction for only 43 Euro per month. This sum incidentally is what I used to smoke each month (taxfree mind you).

If counting only pure buying it averages about 3 pair for 110 Euro per month which is not that deadly considering the variety of styles and most being real leather

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Where I live the average boots cost about one 4th or 25 per cent of the average monthly salary. In other words, really nice boots cost about a average salary... well, nowelcome to Eastern Europe :smile:

HH forever!

I probably buy on average 2 pairs per month, although I did go mad during the Next sale and got 4 pairs at half price (2 pairs were work loafers) The most I have spent this year was £40 on a pair of Per Una court shoes and the least was £5 on another pair of court shoes. I just put it down to spending on my hobby (or is the hobby the spending of the money?) As it is always cash I spend I see no problem - however this may change when I lose my job at the end of the week :smile: . I could quite easily spend more than this on smoking or drinking or Golf or ..... I think I spend more on the model trains, with new locomotives costing about $150 now. Ouch.

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

I once paid £410 on a pair of knee length 5" pull-on boots from patrick Cox. They are satin with huge red embroidered dragons up the side. Worth every penny, but when you consider that I have owned cars that have cost me less, it does seem somewhat extravagant! :smile:

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 3 weeks later...

YIKES! 3 pair of toe cleavage pumps $90 each 2 4" stiletto heels in black leather and patent. 1 patent pair with 1.5 inch heels. 1 pair of 4" stiletto heel open toe mules (slides) $95 3 pair of 4" wedge (Charled David) heel Open toe mules just for house. 60@ off at $75 each in red, black and camel. Thes are very delicate as the wedge heel tapers to about 1/2. The top is very low cut to part across foot is 1/4 inch and 4 toes show. 1 pair 4" stiletto thongs (Bebe). these are hot hot hot. they are in distressed denim with thin wood soles bottomen in leather. Rinnestones run around the edge of fot and all the way up the thing. They were $about $140 That is since June. I am guess ing about $750 Renee

• 1 year later...

Well, my spending habits on shoes tends to be rather scattershot, depending on if I find something I like or need for a particular outfit. Case in point, three weeks ago, I bought these shoes for $60.00:

Posted Image

I'd been looking for a nice pair of navy pumps for a while now, and these Ros Hommerson shoes fit the bill quite nicely. During the course of a year, I'll probably spend somewhere in the neighborhood of $200-$250, and that's IF I can find what i seek in 13 wide, which isn't always easy! :D

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

12 pairs a year or so, it depends on the year. But the pairs I buy are usually in the £20-40 range so it only costs £300 a year. Not much to pay for a fascinating hobby, and since I wear pretty well every pair I buy outside to protect my feet, it's quite a practical one too.

I Try to look for bargains - much as though I love heels, I can't justify in my own mind spending a bomb for a totter in the street (when I'm being brave) or just walking round the house. Anyway if I ever spent more than the wife on shoes, she'd kill me! :D I buy a pair about every other month, I promised initially I'd keep my collection to less than 6 pairs, but I'm running at about 20 pairs at the minute. I'll put a few pairs on e-bay, whittle the numbers down and with the money from my old ones - I'll buy new!. I guess I spend £30 every other month, The most I've spent is £60 on a pair of Gibson tie shoes and £55 on the ones I wore out in London. On the wife though, I spent £100 on a Versace pair, and they get less wear than mine! The irony :(

When woman get taller, their shoes will fit me better.