Me And My Skirts

JeffB

I guess this area is as good a place for this thread as any since I've rediscovered my taste for wearing skirts, a side passion that had gone south when I underwent my purge well over a year ago. A couple of weeks ago when I bought a skirt at a thrift shop then wore it for pictures I took, I remembered just how much fun it was to wear a skirt along with high heels, how....natural it felt to me, and this thread is the end result as I'll post pics here. By all means, I welcome any and all comments on my pictures, and my side passion, be they good or bad. I begin with a recent post from the men's section (" Share your best Freestyle Fashion pictures here")

Posted Image

OUTFIT #1:

I blame danielinheels for this (said with tongue in cheek). After seeing the pic he posted back on March 19th in the long black skirt he wore, I was so inspired by how sharp he looked, I decided on a crazy whim to give that a try myself, and that decision led to a happy reunion of sorts. Last week, I went to a high end thrift shop where I found not only the long black knit skirt you see in the picture above, but two pairs of the Renetti pumps I had given away well over a year ago, they being the black and black patent pairs. I absolutely couldn't believe my luck, coming across shoes I had sacrificed in my purge. It was literally a one in a million occurence.

Posted Image

The skirt was $12.00 and the shoes $10.00 each, and they were still in fairly good condition as it appears they hadn't been worn all that much since I gave them away. I guess there wasn't any need for size 14 women's shoes. So I took my new possessions home where, oddly enough, it took almost a week for me to get up the nerve to put on the skirt, even though I was behind closed doors and drawn drapes. Don't ask me to explain why, I can't, I was just plain apprehensive about putting it on. But eventually I did, pairing it up with a black turtleneck, matching belt, off-black pantyhose and the black leather pumps for my photo taking session.

I was nervous before I started taking the pictures, but I soon calmed down, and, as I did, I remembered just how much fun it was to wear a skirt like I had before when I previously posted pictures here, how comfortable I felt in it, and it shows in the pictures I think. Does this mean I'll eventually venture out in public in a skirt, probably not, like others here who've modelled skirts for pictures, I just don't have the nerve, so I'll be perfectly content to wear skirts in private for my personal enjoyment.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

CraigR: Thanks for the compliments! Much appreciated! rxrenesis: Funny thing, I forgot the name of the store, but it's near 20th and Chestnut Street. Pumps: Why? I guess because the emphasis of the pics was solely on skirts. I just seemed like the logical place to come.

Jeff - Looking great as usual. Don’t forget why we quit wearing stuff. I restarted after I learned I could control things. Your caution about the picture session sounds like your back in control. I had the same question about “what thrift shop”? I wonder how many 20th and Chester streets there are in the USA? Pumps - The moderators seem to appreciate threads with a primary topic of skirts (an a secondary topic of heels) being on this forum. At least that’s the way I understand it. I post my boot wearing adventures on the For the Guys forum and my skirt wearing adventures on this forum

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Pumps - The moderators seem to appreciate threads with a primary topic of skirts (an a secondary topic of heels) being on this forum. At least that’s the way I understand it. I post my boot wearing adventures on the For the Guys forum and my skirt wearing adventures on this forum

Well I for one don't consider myself a crossdresser, if I wear a skirt. I'm a freestyler. That's simply what i meat by asking. I would say that "General fashion - Non shoe discussion", but I see that's closed. I remember recently that a bunch of threads were deleted from this forum(removed), because they weren't about heels. The forum description is "Discussion specifically aimed at TV/CD/TS/TG wearing high heels.". If we want more people to know about the "freestyler" label, we shouldn't mislabel ourselves.

Pumps - The moderators seem to appreciate threads with a primary topic of skirts (an a secondary topic of heels) being on this forum. At least that’s the way I understand it. I post my boot wearing adventures on the For the Guys forum and my skirt wearing adventures on this forum

:o

I was under the impression this was a footwear website and not a CD/TV website? ok so we have a section here for TV/CD's to discuss heels in their own way (as it says at the forum subject) but I don't see what skirts only have to do with anything.

Personally I think guys in skirts doesn't look right simply because guys dont have any shape or hips so a guy in a skirt just looks like a long shapeless tube!

Just my own opinion (Not that of any other website team members) ;)

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

;)

I was under the impression this was a footwear website and not a CD/TV website? ok so we have a section here for TV/CD's to discuss heels in their own way (as it says at the forum subject) but I don't see what skirts only have to do with anything.

A good point. Well, just like high heels are part of a "freestyle" choice when it comes to fashion, skirts can be looked upon by others here in the very same way. Not everyone I'm sure, but some. That's just my opinion. I would also agree with Pumps that we shouldn't label ourselves. In any event, I wanted very much to display my skirt pictures, and the TV/CD area was the best place to put them.

Personally I think guys in skirts doesn't look right simply because guys dont have any shape or hips so a guy in a skirt just looks like a long shapeless tube!

HA! My friend, I've seen women wearing skirts with no shape to speak of, I'm talking stone cold beanpoles, and that didn't stop them from wearing what they want!

guys dont have any shape or hips so a guy in a skirt just looks like a long shapeless tube!

I have plenty of shape - it's just all on my belly :-(. Still, being the wrong shape ain't going to stop me wearing skirts any more than being 50lbs overweight is going to stop me wearing heels. Both give me an incentive to lose weight, in one case to gain a waist* and in the other to take some weight off my feet in heels!

* OK, I already have a waist. I want one that goes *in* rather than coming out... :-)

I've now left HHPlace. Feel free to use the means listed in my profile if you wish to contact me.

If you really want a waist, try a corset. I'm 38-34-40 as a man, but 43-30-40with corset, 38C bra and breastforms. Not quite "Dolly Parton" territory, but it makes a big difference! Check out the "Corsets and Heels" thread in this forum! T

Freestyling or Crossdressing it's basically the same thing, it's about what we want to wear and when and where we want to wear it. The labels are there for description purposes only and should be left that way. I have spent most of my life being worried about how I would be labelled. Here, in this place, labels don't bother me as I feel that I am among friends. I think we should try hard to make everyone who comes here feel the same way and allow them to express themselves in a way that they cannot anywhere else. I personally cannot talk to anyone I know about the things I feel and what I want to wear so I do it here without fear which is the way it was meant to be and should remain. Sorry for the rant but I think everyone here should feel good about expressing themselves.

JEFF!

DAMN!

that's about as eloquent as i can get about the quality of the look you put forth. i think that's going to be an important part of making skirt-wearing by men become accepted. if you look just goofy, you're gonna hurt the rest of this community.

i used to work as daytime uniformed security in a hi-end store in a major city (read decoy for the real security. almost everyday this little guy would come walking through the store. he stood about 5'0", extremely bowlegged, wore cowboy boots, stetson, tights, and a tutu.

all conversation stopped as he was coming along. you knew when he was coming through because a wall of silence would precede him.

he did NO good for the advancement of skirting men. trust me on this. i watched MANY people stare, open-mouthed, at this gentleman.

jeff, your look is clean, polished, and ambitious. i applaude you. i attempt to put forth the same impression, myself. i don't know if i succeed, but i'm out there 5 days a week.

give it a try. i think most guys can start out more comfortably if they start by dressing casual. i still have a MUCH better time wearing skirts, than heels. go figure.

i walk 1-3 blocks to work, past a pretty motley crew (city hall & courthouse) usually 4 times a day. nobody says anything. it very quickly has become a non-event.

r1g0r (still not my real name)

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

Freestyling or Crossdressing it's basically the same thing, it's about what we want to wear and when and where we want to wear it. The labels are there for description purposes only and should be left that way. I have spent most of my life being worried about how I would be labelled. Here, in this place, labels don't bother me as I feel that I am among friends. I think we should try hard to make everyone who comes here feel the same way and allow them to express themselves in a way that they cannot anywhere else. I personally cannot talk to anyone I know about the things I feel and what I want to wear so I do it here without fear which is the way it was meant to be and should remain. Sorry for the rant but I think everyone here should feel good about expressing themselves.

When I first got interested in heels and skirts over 15 years ago, it was the age before the internet. All I knew is that if you wanted to wear womens clothes, then you were a transvestite and so I did the whole thing with wig, make up and fake boobs, even though that was NOT what I wanted. I only wanted to wear skirts and heels, but didn't know about freestyling. That's why I'm all for promoting freestyling, to get the message out that you DON'T have to do the whole TV thing just because you wan't to wear an item from the female closet. If you wanna go all the way, I'm very supportive, but it just shouldn't be mandatory. And just because JeffB decides to wear a skirt he shouldn't feel the need to post it in this part of the forum. Just my 2 øre.

JEFF!

DAMN!

that's about as eloquent as i can get about the quality of the look you put forth. i think that's going to be an important part of making skirt-wearing by men become accepted. if you look just goofy, you're gonna hurt the rest of this community.

jeff, your look is clean, polished, and ambitious. i applaude you. i attempt to put forth the same impression, myself. i don't know if i succeed, but i'm out there 5 days a week.

give it a try. i think most guys can start out more comfortably if they start by dressing casual. i still have a MUCH better time wearing skirts, than heels. go figure.

i walk 1-3 blocks to work, past a pretty motley crew (city hall & courthouse) usually 4 times a day. nobody says anything. it very quickly has become a non-event.

r1g0r (still not my real name)

Thanks for your kind words. I appreciate your comments. I certainly do as best I can, whether I'm wearing trousers or a skirt, I feel it's important to look as proper and stylish as possible. Presenting a silly image like that short gentlemen you mentioned does no one any good. I honestly don't know if I'll ever go all the way and wear a skirt outdoors, but I do think about it from time to time, thinking about the right place and right sort of outfit that could help me pull it off. But I won't rule it out for sometime in the future. Thanks again!