Leather Skirts/ suits to work?

RubberVicki

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bernhard, thank you for your reply. The point I was making was that almost anything can be fetishistic to someone, so to label the article as fetishistic is misleading - it is the fetishist who makes it into a fetish. I, like others here, wear high shoes on a daily basis. When do they become fetishistic? Is it 6"? I wear that height quite often. 61/2"? I wore some nearly that height for work yesterday. There must come a point, I agree, where sheer impracticability is the criterion - I would guess that for my size 8 feet, anything over about 7" would become appropriate only as a stimulus to a shoe fetishist, and of course, the section is headed 'ultra high heels', as you say. I was talking about articles of clothing and materials generally, as would be acceptable for daily wearing, and I certainly include leather in that, as is fur, velvet, wool and anything else that some people nevertheless might find sexually arousing. A lot of men are, not surprisingly, turned on by short skirts, but how short does it need to be to become specifically fetishistic rather than merely an admittedly alluring item of dress? If it is long enough to cover the essentials, doesn't leave suspender straps or welts on constant view and is appropriate for the activity of the wearer, then it is quite definitely not a fetish, even if it does send some pulses racing! So if I go out in a leather skirt very high on the thigh (say 10" above the knee, as I'm quite tall) with my 61/2" heels, seamed nylons, a fur coat and gloves, I am quite definitely not wearing fetish clothes even though they might, individually or collectively, appeal to the fetishistic ideals of some observers. If I wore such an outfit in front of a class of teenage boys I could, rightly, be accused of inappropriate dress, but mainly on the grounds that the skirt is too revealing rather than the leather, fur or heels, but it would still not be 'fetishy' in itself. To get back to the point, then, it doesn't matter if one wears leather, p.v.c., or even rubber, provided it is worn with style, confidence and elegance. I have no problem with wearing any of those things, or many others, but I challenge anybody to say that the way I wear them is in any way fetishy.

Both of you are correct. But, as Anne_louise says, anything can become fetishistic. However, if we move this subject, where would it end? :D

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I agree completely with Anne Louise.

My dictionary says fetish is a non-sexual part of the body, action or inanimate object that gives sexual stimulation.

Man-kind has been using animal skins for thousands of years to cloth and protect himself. Then he discovered cotton, wool, linen, silk and many other natural fibres while gradually refining the processing of leather to what it is today soft and dull or shiny in a multitude of colours.

Is it a fetish material, maybe it is for some thing like 10% of the population?

What about high heels are they a fetish object? If so when do they become so? At what heel height are they a fetish object and no longer just a pair of shoes? What about the pointed toe does that make them fetish. If so and we change the heel to a round toe but still with a very high heel is it still a fetish shoe.

And then there is rubber as Anne Louise says. Some people wear rubber just because they like it. They like the feel against their skin, they like the feel of it between their fingers, they like the look of it the way it can be shiny or dull according to how it is polished. They don’t wear it because it is a fetish material, they wear it because it feels good. Some women like the feel of nylons on their legs, does that make nylons stockings a fetish object?

I know of two people who write on this board who like and wear rubber regularly, wearing rubber catsuits not just at home and to bed but also out for a special night on the town and even to work, with some thing else over the top. And some others I am sure will be just interested in the dresses or skirts and blouses.

If any one doubts that rubber is here to stay and not as a fetish material look at www.westwardbound.com hand made rubber items. There are hundreds of choices.

What makes these items/materials a fetish in the minds of a lot of people is just the simple action of placing a whip in a girl’s hand, dressed as she is in leather or high heels or rubber.

So while there may not be some where else to put these postings it is because we haven’t thought of creating one for them.

So maybe we could call this heading Ultra High Heels and Related Matters. What ever it is called I am in favour of dropping the word fetish and kinky from the board.

Jeff

Thank you Jeff for echoing my sentiments. Yes, I too think that the words 'fetish' and 'kinky' are inappropriate on a site such as this, and could put off some people, particularly women, who would otherwise enjoy exchanging views on their passion for heels. The particular 'leather skirts'thread could perhaps better have been included under general, non shoe discussions. Just giving further thought to this 'fetish' thing. My web-browsing has introduced me to all sorts of aspects of human nature which were unknown to me previously. I have several very tight skirts, of varying lengths, and having learnt that there is a site for those interested in such things, I wonder if there is a picture of me tucked away somewhere there, taken while I have been out and about. Then there are gloves - I gather that they can have a significant effect on many men. Seamed stockings too, are regarded as quite a thrill, and I wear those sometimes too. Am I a walking, talking fetish symbol? Of course not! But for a few people, mostly men, who see me, I expect some item(s) of my clothing will appeal to their deepest fantasies. Many, perhaps most, will remain quite unaffected, or will maybe simply admire or compliment the overall style. I am certainly not going to let my own sensuality and style be compromised merely because a small minority find sexually arousing in it.

• 1 month later...

Vicky, it won't come as any surprise to know that I would love a leather dress - the red dress/jacket that I described on another thread (I can't remember which one now!) would be the fulfilling of a dream as I've wanted one for so many years. I've seen some in fashion magazines from time to time, and various websites show a few, but not what I really want. Where did you get yours - and what is it like? In the meantime I have various leather tops which I can match up with some of my skirts for a 'dresslike' look. I even wear a matching jacket sometimes but leather varies so much in tone and texture that one has to be careful to get a perfect match for a dress-and-jacket appearance. I've managed to accumulate quite a few suits over the years so I have some scope for mixing and matching. It seems to be easier to get p.v.c. dresses - I have one lovely short tight black one with a sweetheart neckline, but I would love to have one similar in leather. I can't imagine you would have any problems wearing such an outfit to the office - compared with some of the clothes you describe it would seem quite tame! I don't work in an office, but I do have to meet people quite a lot, both singly and in groups, and I've never had any adverse comments about my leather clothes. I have more about my shoes, but usually either complimentary or just curious.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Anne Louise, You are absolutely right but there are thousands of reasons why leather skirts and dresses should be worn to work. Most of them would be men but a fair percentage would be women I think. :roll: Jeff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It just seems to me that a woman in leather is regarded with some suspicion and might even be the subject of suggestive comments, but I suspect the same doesn't apply to men. It's true though that not many men would wear a complete leather outfit, whereas leather suits for women are less uncommon.

• 1 month later...

It just seems to me that a woman in leather is regarded with some suspicion and might even be the subject of suggestive comments, but I suspect the same doesn't apply to men. It's true though that not many men would wear a complete leather outfit, whereas leather suits for women are less uncommon.

Here in Canuck-land (Canada) women wearing leather are not uncommon. Men wearing leather, well, you just won't see that where I work. Leather coats, sure, but nothing else leather. We see the occassional women wearing leather.

I'm not sure what the hangup is, but seems a lot of people have a lot of hangups about things that just don't matter.

I'm not sure what the hangup is, but seems a lot of people have a lot of hangups about things that just don't matter.

Exactly, that's the problem, people have hangups about guys wearing anything different from what is perceived to be normal (like heels) or girls wearing something that might make them look like a prostitute (like leather clothes).

People need to lighten up a bit ..... fat chance of that happening !

A-L .... I believe the unwritten law for women wearing leather clothes is that it's OK to wear one piece of leather, skirt, jacket, trousers, but not two.

Xa (on Calv's machine)

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know about any 'unwritten rules' but I think leather looks smarter and less 'frivolous' if it's a complete ensemble. I often wear leather suits, or a skirt with a longer coat, for example. I remember years ago visiting a farm and I was wearing a mid-calf length black leather coat over an above the knee red leather straight skirt, with heels of course, though I think it was before I had heard of leatherworks and become hooked on 51/2" - but highish by the standards of most people even so. The remark from the farmer was, 'You'm too posh for we'! I don't think he would have made such a comment if I had been looking outrageously 'fetishy'. One of my favourite suits has a very short, tightish skirt and a very Chanel style collarless slightly fitted jacket which is only a couple of inches shorter than the skirt, in plain unfussy black leather. It never seems to incite comments other than compliments. It is of course, as I've mentioned before, important to wear such an outfit with confidence and style. If you look poised and dignified your clothes will merely be an expression of your personality, rather than being an end in themselves. I like to wear single items too, for a more casual look, usually a coat, or a skirt and contrasting top - leather works very well with velvet or velour, for example. Again I'm repeating myself, I know, but it's not what you wear so much as how you wear it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just seen the 'From Russia ..' thread and it sort of relates to my previous post here. On the first page is a woman wearing a very lovely leather suit, much like one that I have, though I have to say, without even the merest hint of envy, that I don't have a jacket quite as stylish and glamorous as that one (but who knows, enough visits to ebay and I might strike lucky sometime!). In fact apart from the shoes - I don't go in for those rather 'bondage' straps, and my heels are more slender and probably higher - I could be seen similarly dressed many times throughout the year. I think that supports the views I've expressed in this thread. That outfit looks smart, sleek, stylish and professional and I fail to see how anyone could object to seeing it in the workplace. I suppose there might be occupations where a lot of exposed thigh could be inappropriate - I have sometimes to work with teenagers, and if there are boys present I do, for obvious reasons, tend to moderate my skirt length - but that's to do with exposure rather than the clothing material. Once again I suggest that this thread is moved from the 'fetish' section - it isn't appropriately placed here. What about putting it under 'Non-Shoe'? Maybe a Moderator could do something with it.

i'm jumping in rather late. but from what i see, i think a leather outfit of any kind looks great on a woman. that much more than on a guy. from what i see, more women are prone to wear leather and get approving looks than if a guy did it. but then again, my town is 'weird' with fashion. RPM

If at all it is considered fetish wear then it can only be fetish for that person making the claim. They cannot claim it is fetish wear for any one else least of all on my behalf. A leather outfit like the one Anne Louise mentioned is smart and elegant atire, suitable for going shopping in, suitable for a dinner date and suitable to wear to the office for work. And it is made all the more elegant by a pair of high stiletto heels Fetish really doesnt enter into the equation. Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

Vicky, it won't come as any surprise to know that I would love a leather dress - the red dress/jacket that I described on another thread (I can't remember which one now!) would be the fulfilling of a dream as I've wanted one for so many years. I've seen some in fashion magazines from time to time, and various websites show a few, but not what I really want. Where did you get yours - and what is it like? .

Hi anne_louise,

See

http://www.okstudio.com.au/gallery/pages/dress/

I had this actual dress made for my wife. Its my design. What I did is my wife loved a short denim dress with studs and breast pockets, no flap. It was a normal back but a big hole between bra straps and collar.

It was getting old, so I tricked her into measuring herself and had a green denim dress made by these people with a few minor changes for something different. Changes were slightly longer to better suit her long torso, flaps on breast pcokets and closer studs around tummy to breast for less gaps.

This was fine, so I had them make a leather one. Wifes favorite colour is red, they used lamb leather, softest and very consistant, but being leather, hot climate I went for something slightly different and had it in halter neck for freer movement and cooler, no studs above nipple height and a slit in the back.

It looks great, but the supplier stuffed up and made the collar the same as a non halter neck dress which is too long. The simple solution was to cut a section out behind the head, but it makes the lapel look too high and don't know how to get this fixed. Still looks great on her and she has worn it a few times out and more times in. It keeps her breasts nice and snug so they don't need a bra or bounce uncomfortably.

Shane

Hi anne_louise,

See

http://www.okstudio.com.au/gallery/pages/dress/

I had this actual dress made for my wife. Its my design. What I did is my wife loved a short denim dress with studs and breast pockets, no flap. It was a normal back but a big hole between bra straps and collar.

It was getting old, so I tricked her into measuring herself and had a green denim dress made by these people with a few minor changes for something different. Changes were slightly longer to better suit her long torso, flaps on breast pcokets and closer studs around tummy to breast for less gaps.

This was fine, so I had them make a leather one. Wifes favorite colour is red, they used lamb leather, softest and very consistant, but being leather, hot climate I went for something slightly different and had it in halter neck for freer movement and cooler, no studs above nipple height and a slit in the back.

It looks great, but the supplier stuffed up and made the collar the same as a non halter neck dress which is too long. The simple solution was to cut a section out behind the head, but it makes the lapel look too high and don't know how to get this fixed. Still looks great on her and she has worn it a few times out and more times in. It keeps her breasts nice and snug so they don't need a bra or bounce uncomfortably.

Shane

Wow. Nice dress. What more can be said. Lucky you for sure!

When I met my girlfriend, she was Asst. Sales Mgr. at a furniture store, and occasion, during big Winter-season sales, she'd wear A leather article of clothing (a blazer, OR a skirt):

when the store owner complimented her on "how well you deport yourself", we figured that was a 'clear tracks ahead' signal to continue that practice, and we bought several leather 2-and-3 piece suits blazer/slacks/skirt) in various colors (Black, Red, Gray, Dark Red, White, Royal Blue, etc.).

:o

Soon after our 'leather-palooza' spree, she took a job where wearing leather, or ANY skirt, for that matter (in a large hardware/home-improvement store) wouldn't be appropriate, so she wears them out for dinner dates as often as possible (RPMindy has seen some pictures, I believe).

:)

Her easy-going 23-year old daughter doesn't comment on her mother wearing leather frequently, but her 18 year-old thinks BERNADETTE-IN-A-VETTE looks 'slutty' going out for dinner in a wool sweater, leather bazer and slacks/skirt, and heels/heeled-boots:

oddly, the youngest girl is often caught 'spying' her mother's collection of lucite-platform sandals and patent-leather pumps, and has 'asked' to wear them to school dances and functions.....

:oops:

We hold these truths to be self-evident:

REAL Corvettes have sharply-peaked fenders and hidden head-lights;

REAL railroads had a 4-track mainline and ran on-the-advertised;

and REAL women wear high heels and short skirts as often as they can!!!!!

Her easy-going 23-year old daughter doesn't comment on her mother wearing leather frequently, but her 18 year-old thinks BERNADETTE-IN-A-VETTE looks 'slutty' going out for dinner in a wool sweater, leather bazer and slacks/skirt, and heels/heeled-boots:

oddly, the youngest girl is often caught 'spying' her mother's collection of lucite-platform sandals and patent-leather pumps, and has 'asked' to wear them to school dances and functions.....

:)

Not mant daughters are used to having a fashion challenge from their mum. Sounds like sour grapes or jealousy by the daughter as mum might actually be showing her up in her dress sense. She's probably used to some of her freinds whos mum fits the "I'm over 40, overweight and wear pascal tops and long shorts in flat shoes everyday as the uniform"

But it could also be that she admires your girlfriends leather clothing but simply doesn't have the money to purchase the same. Why not take her out for a shopping trip with your wallet at the ready and buy let her choose a similar outfit?

Shane

Not many daughters are used to having a fashion challenge from their mum. Sounds like sour grapes or jealousy by the daughter as mum might actually be showing her up in her dress sense. She's probably used to some of her freinds whos mum fits the "I'm over 40, overweight and wear pascal tops and long shorts in flat shoes everyday as the uniform"

It's not so-much a "challenge-thing" as much as she just thinks leathers is 'biker-chick/street-walker' attire...

But it could also be that she admires your girlfriends leather clothing but simply doesn't have the money to purchase the same. Why not take her out for a shopping trip with your wallet at the ready and buy let her choose a similar outfit?

I don't think scheckels is the problem, nor 'jealousy', and I doubt she'd willingly-accept a clothing gift from me:

I'm "just the guy dating her mom".....

On one occasion we were out at a plaza as a group, and the younger daughter tried-on a very nice silk/satin/????? Oriental-styled dress and heels that looked like it had been made JUST for her:

she wanted it very badly for an up-coming school dance/function, but her mother said "We'll think about it.....", and while everybody else ate dinner, I went and bought the entire ensemble for her, as a gift.

While she was very grateful, her mother later told me she (the daughter) felt very uncomfortable accepting this simple present.

It's not so-much a "challenge-thing" as much as she just thinks leathers is 'biker-chick/street-walker' attire...

I don't think scheckels is the problem, nor 'jealousy', and I doubt she'd willingly-accept a clothing gift from me:

I'm "just the guy dating her mom".....

On one occasion we were out at a plaza as a group, and the younger daughter tried-on a very nice silk/satin/????? Oriental-styled dress and heels that looked like it had been made JUST for her:

she wanted it very badly for an up-coming school dance/function, but her mother said "We'll think about it.....", and while everybody else ate dinner, I went and bought the entire ensemble for her, as a gift.

While she was very grateful, her mother later told me she (the daughter) felt very uncomfortable accepting this simple present.

I bought a similar thing for my wife, but she is part asian in Mayalsia. interesting trip due to lack of language, knowledge of local sizing but got it sorted thanks to a friendly UK tourist, his wife and his daughter, who tried one one for me as she was close to my wifes size. Strange part she didn't want one, the guys wife was trying one on orginally.

Sounds like she would have looked a million $. Anyway, maybe she is both a bit young to accept clothes, outside a tourist T-shirt from a male, especially just mum's boyfriend. My wife is a bit younger than me and we married when she was 23, she took a while to get used to me buying her clothes.

Shane

I forgot to ask, did she (he daughter) still wear the dress/shoes?

Shane

I believe-so, to school dances and functions.

"WE" (both her mom and I) told her (the daughter) the outfit was from "US", but I think she knew that I was behind it.....

We'd 'only' been dating each other a year at the time, and that daughter hadn't accepted me:

she has 'loosened-up' since then, and we now get-along much better.....

>> she took a job where wearing leather, or ANY skirt, for that matter (in a large hardware/home-improvement store) <<

One of the sales people in a local furniture shop here, often wears some very nice leather skirts, and very high heels too.