7in Heels

RubberVicki

Hi TallSwede, I am a regular 7" wearer and used to live with typical Scandinavian wooden floors. Ended up getting lots of rugs/carpets to help avoid the heels damaging the floor (can also get slippery on wood - especially when it's wet outside). I have tried 'capping' the heels and found this to be dangerous on the wooden floors - it also ended up leavin balck marks! Hope this helps,

• 1 month later...

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant understand how you manage to wear 7" heels, even with my size 44 feet I cant even stand up in this heel height. I have 2 pairs, but I can only wear them while I`m sitting down. Maximum 5" for me if I have walk more than 3 meters. :wink:

HHfanatic - It's all in the mind. Feel confident, look confident and just look stright ahead. Things will just click into place and off you go.... I really think it's as simple as that. I wear 7" 'ers all the time - more regulalry and for longer period of times, 6" 'inchers and have simply got used to it. Keep it up. You can do it!

I was wrong, my boots are 6", not 5" as I thought and I`m able to walk a few steps in these boots. That means I will not have any problem with 5", at least not indoors. :D Just difficult to find some time during the day to practice. :wink:

Well, now that I have some 7" myself, I can comment. I can barely move in the blooming things. I can stand up straight, and get my knees straight, but that's about it. Walking is well out of the question at the moment! But I'll keep practicing :wink:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I remember how hard it was to walk wearing my first pair of 5" heels. I found them extremely difficult. That was 15 years, or so, ago. Since then I've conquered 5½", 6", and 6½" heels. I purchased my first pair of 7" heels almost 2 years ago. Although I've gotten to a stage where I can stand "straight kneed" for a quarter-hour, I still can't walk more than 100 yards before I've got to sit down and rest my legs. But, this is huge improvement. The first time I tried them on, I had difficulty even putting my foot into them. The angle that my toes had to bend was so acute I didn't believe I'd ever get them on. Now, my feet slip into all three pair effortlessy, smoothly and painlessly. Like YamYam, I'll keep practicing :wink:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Why can't you walk in them Yamyam? I'm just curious

Ah, well, first I've only had them on my feet a couple of times, but it's a combination of the extreme position my feet are in, and the way that the heels are ever so slightly flexible. I have some knee boots with a 5" heel and a .75" platform that are about the highest that I can walk in happily. I bought some 6" shoes (the ones from the photo) and I could have walked in them but they're too tight. So I've basically tried to go from 5" to 7" and it's a hell of a difference. I'll keep practicing, and keep you all up to date on progress.

I could do with another pair of 6" to practice in, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to get them. Perhaps if we do the Kinky Boot Factory trip!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I remember the first time I went for 7"'ers. There seems to be a big difference between 6" and 7". I find 6"'ers easy to walk in. I can spend a whole day in them. 7's are different. I can walk perfectly in them but it does mean a little pain after a while. Keep practicing boys & girls :wink:

i have european size 37,5

if someone can explain this very lousy computer user how to show a picture here, then i can show you a picture of me and my feet.

I somehow get the feeling that this board is full of people eager to help.. :wink:

myself for one.. what is it that you need explained?

How can i show a picture file that is on my computer on this forum?

you need to upload it to a webserver. if you don't have access to one, you could upload it to mine for example (I'm sure a lot of people on the board have webspace to lend you).