Yes, I lost them all

Pheels

Hiya, Well, I just want to share with you a very bad experience that happened to me during my move from France to the UK. All my heels collection (+15 pairs of stiletto heels) were in a big parcel that has been sent from France to London just before my move in November 2001. And ??? THE PARCEL IS LOST. Nobody knows where it is, but it's likely that I would never see all the heels I collected for years again. They could reimburse me (insurance) but that would never give me back all those special stilettos I bought in Paris. I can't find the same styles here in England unfortunately. Sad but true...

That's a terrible thing to hear phil B) I don't know about "lost". I reckon some person got hold of this collection in the post and realised how special and valuable they were and took them for himself or his girlfriend. Oh well, you may not find the same styles, but I'm sure you'll have fun in London looking for some sort of replacements. It's not too much consolation for you I know, but try to look on the bright side :smile:

Yeah, maybe a custom officer decided to keep them for himself. I've been watching around ebay to see if my heels woould have been sold there, but no sign. I'm still investigating. Meawhile, I bought a pair of red stiletto 6" courts from Little Shoe Box. Very good quality and very nice I must admit ! But I still miss my frog's heels :smile:

Yeah, bet you a lot of postmen are heel-wearers. :smile:

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I once lost a parcel of expensive 12-inch Bufallo tower platform boots shipped to the USA. This was 10 months ago and I'm still awaiting the insurance reimbursement of half the value. With all my latesy shippings, I always propose to send the shoes individually about a week apart but most decline because of the added cost and take the risk. All shippings this year (about 25) went ok, even to doubtfull postal systems as Poland.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence