Daylight Heeling?

Tosca

Hi all,

I was wondering whether when we venture out in our beloved heels we usually wait until after dark, or do we not care?

Today I ventured out in bright sun on the busy streets in my new M&S Per Una bootcut jeans (£29.50 inc. leather belt) and a pair of black patent Mary Janes with a 3 inch blocky heel. Really comfortable shoes I bought about 2 months ago. As it was so warm and sunny I didn't wear any knee-highs, just bare feet. The jeans weren't long enough to conceal this. And I didn't care, and I loved not giving a toss!

I'm sure people noticed, there was a huge European rugby match on nearby, loads of people about and heavy traffic all over, I loved it, had a great time walking about in my lovely shoes.

I wandered into my workplace (academic library) to drop off some Easter eggs for the Sunday staff there; they are quite used to my freestyling attire and were very complimentary about the outfit.

Previously I had only worn these shoes after dark to a classical concert. Now I've taken these steps in broad daylight I feel truly liberated!

Wonderful feeling!

Everyone have a great holiday,

Happy heeling

Tosca

PS, these are the shoes, but in black. If you are tempted to buy a pair, go for a size bigger than your usual, the fit is very precise!

http://www.fantasyheels.co.uk/acatalog/4_inch_mary_jane_oxford_12.html

Still rainin' still dreamin'

I am the Daywalker, I streetheel in the broad daylight ;). There was obviously a time when I felt a bit shy about wearing high heels (well, all that leather too, but it was a LONG time ago!) during my first outings, but now I started to wear them everyday, everywhere. I've been streetheeling non-stop for a whole week now :o (I don't count a couple of times when I did it very occasionally).

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

I'm also a daywalker as the bulk of my outings are at crowded shopping malls on weekends, and I've never had a moment's worth of trouble. Oh, sure, I've had people notice my heels, especially since I don't go to any lengths to hide what I wear, I find daytime outings to be extremely exhilarating, even exciting to me. To Tosca, I'm glad to read that you find daytime outings to be liberating because that's exactly how I feel as well.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Saturday - Fry's and Best Buy - electronics retailers to buy some rear 6x9 automobile speakers in my 5 inch - covered mostly by jeans - stilletto oxfords. And I'm out in the heels every lunch hour now. It bothers me that I am still apprehensive when getting ready to exit the car - even though I've never been approached - good or bad yet - about the heels. I'm working toward just wearing my heels as natural as a pair of sneakers.

I'm also a daywalker.

Well, it seems that you guys quite liked the term ;). The Blade movies came to my mind when I wrote my first post here, especially because I wear leather head to toe, all the time (and no, no, no, I'm not a bit into vampirism despite my interest in the dark independent culture :o).

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

I'm also a daywalker. Some of my lower heels 1.5 ~ 2 are pressed into daily wear for work.

I too, am a skywalker - er , daywalker. I wear my heels and skirts as if nothing's amiss. (Really, it's my usual mode of dress.) Just this morning I had to ask a woman in the supermarket who was loligagging at the ATM if she was planning to use it. I was dressed in a knee-lenght skirt, 3.5" espadrilles with .5" plats, and I also had in my earrings . Just typical atire for me. Oh, I was also wearing my usual "Abe Lincolin beard". Why anyone needs to gets all perturbed about such things is beyond me. Just go about your business and everything is A-Okay.;)

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Well, it seems that you guys quite liked the term ;) . . .

I predict the term "daywalker" is going to join "street-heel" in the lexicon of HHplace. Good job, Elegant!

Have a happy time!

I too, am a skywalker - er , daywalker. I wear my heels and skirts as if nothing's amiss. (Really, it's my usual mode of dress.) Just this morning I had to ask a woman in the supermarket who was loligagging at the ATM if she was planning to use it. I was dressed in a knee-lenght skirt, 3.5" espadrilles with .5" plats, and I also had in my earrings . Just typical atire for me. Oh, I was also wearing my usual "Abe Lincolin beard". Why anyone needs to gets all perturbed about such things is beyond me. Just go about your business and everything is A-Okay.;)

I must say, those are certainly words to live by, my friend!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Hi all, Probably my last post before finishing work for the Easter Hols, and not back at the grindstone until next Wednesday. Yippee! I'm daywalkin' in 2 inch heel boots at work today, with some alarmingly distressed bootcut jeans..... Feels good, and man, do I look cool! Happy hols everyone All best wishes, Tosca

Still rainin' still dreamin'

I too agree with the term "Daywalker" great reference. I have been doing the daylight thing more and more and with the exception of nervousness getting out of the car I have had no trouble except some strange looks and the occasional laugh. I had to face a cashier who was laughing and she said I'm sorry to laugh, I said go ahead and laugh I'm sure I look ridiculous but I don't care.

I wear my heels during the day all the time. If I think I'm going to be in heels all day and night, during the day I wear a thicker heel and rounder toe...simply because I have more things to do during the day that require walking and because that saves my feet for pumps at night. I could never wear pumps for 16 hours straight, my feet would die! If I think I'm going to wear heels for just a few hours during just the day though, then I've been known to wear my pumps out.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I’ve been “daywalking” in thighboots with 5” stilettos for several years now. I do it every chance I get. If the 5” heels are not appropriate, I wear thighboots with flat heels. Recently, I’ve been wearing kneehigh boots with a 2” block heel under my slacks all day at work. It’s been a long time since I’ve been out wearing “guy shoes”.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Hi Tosca, today it was a beautiful day in southern Germany. Still a little bit cold but the whole day a wonderful blue sky. Just the right weather for wearing my new Miss Sixty drain pipe jeans under knee high boots. 4 inch wedges from Essence. Naturally at daylight during doing my purchases ;) What a pity that nobody has seen the narrow zippers at the calves :o I'm planning to wear these sexy jeans with high heeled sandalettes in the main shopping mall of Frankfurt. In may - as my own birthday present! ps: I'm happy that I can still afford such outfits. Nobody is forever young.

The best fashion is your own fashion!