What is your shoe size?

highheeltrained

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are petite. I'm over six feet tall, and I take a W15(M13)USA shoe/boot. Weirdly enough, someone like you would be more able to get away with heels without hassle than someone such as I. Of course, someone like me on heels scares the living bejabbers out of a lot of people!

"To kiss, pretty Saki, thy shoes' pretty tips, is better than kissing another girl's lips." -Omar Khayyam

wow you are small and does anyone have like a pic or diagram of what my feet may look like in 6 inch heels with my foot size of 11 female (9 male) like angle wise? im starting to think that 6 inch may be to much for me to walk in, but I have worn 5 inch thigh boots and they were like nothing. those boots were a size 6 or 7 female I think which were my gf's and i could fit into them but they were really tight

I'm 6'2" naturally, and take a 14/15 depending on the maker/style. Fortunately, more people are making heels in our "large apple-turnover" sizes.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Well, at 6-2, I'm one of the giants here and regularly wear a women's size 13 wide or 14 medium. I certainly wish I was two to three sizes smaller.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I'm size 9 (womens)-size 7 (mens), blessed with small feet for a guy so I never need to really wonder about if the footwear in question (shoes or boots that is) will fit me! the same goes for inserts too, I always get the womens size, knowing that they will ALWAYS fit me.

Hi all, At a modest 6'1", I have UK size 11 feet. But! I have several pairs of plain courts/pumps in a UK size 9 which fit perfectly. My boots are 11s though. It's not that easy to find a variety of heels in my size, but it's definitely getting better. There's so much variation in size between different manufacturers it's tricky to get it right, especially when most of my heel-buying is online. As a big-footed old so-and-so, my biggest bugbear is width; pointed heels I've often found ok in smaller sizes as long as the width is ok, but in round or square-toes it really is a lottery. I've spotted a pair of 4 inch heels in my local Shutopia in a UK9; I'm planning to make my first possible shop purchase (gulp!), which will mean trying them on in the shop (gulp again...). The shoes are just regular black courts/pumps with a 4 inch rounded heel, so a bit more stable than a stiletto, which is important to me. Has anyone been to this store in the UK? How have they been with guys trying on 'women's' shoes in there, and how have you found their sizing? Gotta go, boss is watching me over her monitor......oh no she's frowning.......aaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! All best wishes, Tosca

Still rainin' still dreamin'

I've spotted a pair of 4 inch heels in my local Shutopia in a UK9; ...

Has anyone been to this store in the UK? How have they been with guys trying on 'women's' shoes in there, and how have you found their sizing?

Tosca,

I haven't hear of Shutopia (Shoetopia? - that would have been a better name!). Maybe they're a "local shop for local people"!.

My own experience of trying on in-store is pretty limited (so far!), but aside from a few sideways glances and quizical expressions, there have been no problems. A customer is a customer after all. You certainly won't be shoo-ed out of the shop (please excuse that terrible pun!)

My own sizing data:

I'm about 5' 6". Shoe size is 8 but I can usually get into a womans' size 7.

I occasionally encounter 7's that are too tight though and 8's sometimes feel a bit too big without thick socks on. That works well with boots though, so I mustn't grumble. ;)

Always High-Heel Responsibly

I tried once a pair of heels in a storein London and had suddenly a young lady next to me asking if I needed some help. I admitted with a blush that I would like some help but didn't know where to start. She helped me with somewhat everything they had for sale in the shop, whatever they had in my size, I'm a size 7.5 - 8. And I had a few walk arounds in the shop with the glances from a lot of customers :o , but she helped me thru the difficult part and was very helpfull. I walked out with a very nice pair of white high heels, that I loved an used for a long while. I went to that shop again a few years later, but the lady salesperson wasn't there anymore. I'm a little bit older and I miss the guts that I had then.... just walk in the shop and try.... I probably oud do it again, if only. By the way I am 5f 8 and I have a size 7.5 - 8 depending the make and form. Do not like pointed toes... to narrow ;)

FoxyLady

I am 6'1" and us woman sz 13-14, uk 11 or european 44-45,5. Oh yes, I would like to have "normal" woman size. But then again maybe not. Because then my closet would be overfilled with beautiful shoes and boots. Now I "only" have around 25-27 pairs.

I am 6'1" and us woman sz 13-14, uk 11 or european 44-45,5.

Oh yes, I would like to have "normal" woman size. But then again maybe not. Because then my closet would be overfilled with beautiful shoes and boots. Now I "only" have around 25-27 pairs.

You lucky one,

I don't know where to look first, or should I say not to look...

I have some 40 pairs of shoes roughly.... and still want more

FoxyLady

6'2, size 13 US men's 14/15 US women's.. really hard to find non exotic dancer style shoes in my size... but I'm not complaining really, just would like more variety. You lucky bastards with the size 9 women's ... aghh! ;)

6'2, size 13 US men's 14/15 US women's.. really hard to find non exotic dancer style shoes in my size... but I'm not complaining really, just would like more variety. You lucky bastards with the size 9 women's ... aghh! ;)

I don't know about the US, the "only" shoes/boots I have ordered from the US are the ones the are very useful indoors but not really outdoors. Thin soles and so on. The Pleaser range more or less, but they aren't that bad.

In Europe it is possible to find shoes/boots that are more for everyday use, but the are expensive :o A pair of 4" heeled boots will cost you at least $ 250. I have bought boots both in Sweden www.kingsizeskor.se , England (London) www.magnusshoes.com and France (Paris) www.sacapuce.fr

If you, or someone else, needs help with the swedish shop, just write me a line.

size 8 UK and I'm 5" 5' means shoes are quite easy to find except for the narrower styles. Also means my wifes larger size 7's fit me if a little snug sometimes.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, size 10 US women's. Lots of styles to pick from and my closet shows it....running out of room!

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

12 USW/10 USM -- that point where available styles start to seriously taper off. . . . although in all honesty it is probably a blessing in disguise, if I were a couple of sizes smaller I'd have to build on an addition to have room for all the shoes and boots.

Have a happy time!

. . . although in all honesty it is probably a blessing in disguise, if I were a couple of sizes smaller I'd have to build on an addition to have room for all the shoes and boots.

HA! Right on, my brother! Great minds think alike! I've had that very same "concern" more times than I can count. If I wore a size 11, I'd literally have a room full of shoes and boots, probably all Nine West as I love their footwear. So yeah, having big feet is definitely a blessing in disguise. Heh!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

6' 5 " flatfooted. US male 13, I can wear, for a limited time, as small as US Womens 11 but usually buy US womens 13. My feet are not real wide and I like my heels to fit tightly so I guess I am lucky that I can wear shoes that small without problems. I get some strange looks from time to time though especially in ballets.

US Women's 14. I had a chance to try some Pleaser's a few days ago. USW 13 was a bit small to my feet. Not so easy to find shoes, specially because in Brazil large sizes are rare and not so good looking/quality shoes.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.