Swollen feet ?

Pumps

Question

I just want to ask you something. First a little background. I used to buy heels in size 41 or 42 as this is what's normally available around here. Mind you 41 were not easy to get on, but I managed. Last year I bought my first pair of 43/9's and what a diffrence. I noticed how the old ones looked tight in comparison,so it made me throw all the old one out and start over. I had no problem wearing these shoes for hours. Now in London i wore them for 9 hours and that was to much. The next day me feet were so swollen I almost couldn't get them on. I did manage though. Now it has been two weeks and they're still tight. I recently bought a pair of shoes size 43/9's and I almost can't get them on.They are SO tight. Have you ever expirienced this ? Even though me feet swelled up, they should be back to normal by now ? Can feet grow a size if abused ?

8 answers to this question

I just want to ask you something. First a little background. I used to buy heels in size 41 or 42 as this is what's normally available around here. Mind you 41 were not easy to get on, but I managed. Last year I bought my first pair of 43/9's and what a diffrence. I noticed how the old ones looked tight in comparison,so it made me throw all the old one out and start over. I had no problem wearing these shoes for hours.

Now in London i wore them for 9 hours and that was to much. The next day me feet were so swollen I almost couldn't get them on. I did manage though. Now it has been two weeks and they're still tight. I recently bought a pair of shoes size 43/9's and I almost can't get them on.They are SO tight.

Have you ever expirienced this ? Even though me feet swelled up, they should be back to normal by now ? Can feet grow a size if abused ?

Weight will cause you feet to "grow" abusing them will cause them to swell, fitting shoes should be done towards the end of the day to account for some of the swelling of every day walking around.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Well, it seems to me that you first need to determine if your feet have grown or swelled. The big difference is that, with proper care, the swelling will eventually go away but genuine growth will not. However, yer never going to find out while wearing heels. The only real answer is to set the heels aside and stay off your feet as much as possible for a week or two. If the swelling starts to go away you'll know that yer feet were protesting too much abuse ;) and you'll simply have to restrict your heel wearing to perhaps an hour or two at a time. If your feet have actually grown, then you'll have to make the appropriate adjustment when you buy shoes.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I am borderline diabetic. Sometimes, i notice my feet do start to swell when wearing pumps for about 2 hours or more. My feet start hurting badly! My toes feel like they're in a vice! Then when i take the pumps off, my feet feel like they've had cold water poured on them after being on fire. I am trying to wear pumps a lot more, because the pairs i have are a bit tight, and i figure wearing them in will do good. I wish i was more daring, and could walk down the street with them on.

I am borderline diabetic. Sometimes, i notice my feet do start to swell when wearing pumps for about 2 hours or more. My feet start hurting badly! My toes feel like they're in a vice! Then when i take the pumps off, my feet feel like they've had cold water poured on them after being on fire. I am trying to wear pumps a lot more, because the pairs i have are a bit tight, and i figure wearing them in will do good. I wish i was more daring, and could walk down the street with them on.

If you are pre-diabetic the absolute best thing you can do for yourself is to go on a wholistic sugar-free diet. Quit eating prepared foods and sugarfied junk ;) and start eating whole grains, non-sugared vegetables, and use honey or natural sweeteners in your food. And of course, all soda pop and other junkie drinks have got to go.:o Believe it or not, you're actually better-off drinking plain water. Also, if you smoke - that's got to go! :smile: Believe it or not, some tobbaccos are sugar-cured and will trigger your craving for sugar.

You need to start treating sugar like the poison that it is! :P Refined white sugar is about as naturally occuring as gasoline! If your car won't run on it, what makes you think your god-given body will? Also, there is a book written by William Dufty called Sugar Blues. Get a copy and read it, pronto! Start taking all natural vitamins - particularly the vitamin B complex in large doses. Don't fall for the hogwash about specific B vitamins being good for you. Nowhere in nature do we find a single B vitamin, but rather, always the entire B complex. Brewer's Yeast is a good source of the B complex.

Forget about the heels until you first get your health straightened out. That'll take somewhere between 6 weeks and six months if you're diligent about it.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

yes, all of the time when I'm mostly working @ my job, a lot of times when I'm back home (after work that is) my feet feel to swollen to wear boots that night

At the Copenhagen heel meet I had the problem again, so I found some remedies, I'd like to share: -- Tips to Reduce Swelling: Cut back on salt Salt contributes to fluid retention. Drink plenty of water. Put your feet up Lying on your back, rest your feet at least 12 inches above the level of your heart for 10 to 15 minutes, three or four times a day. Do not abuse laxatives Use support stockings Roll these on in the morning to promote circulation and limit gravitation movement of fluids. Most medical supply or drug stores carry these. Exercise regularly Regular exercise improves circulation. Avoid standing in place for long period of time. Lose excess weight Excess weight slows circulation of body fluids and puts extra pressure on your veins. Increase muscle activity with walking. Avoid long periods of sitting Every one or two hours, get up and walk. Review your medication with your doctors Certain drugs, including nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories and calcium channel blockers, can contribute to swelling. ---

yes, I too have that problem a lot, cause I take high-blood pressure meds which I think may make me retain fluid in my feet (esp. all day long @ work)