Back in the Saddle

JeffB

After almost a two month hiatus from heel wearing, thanks to godawful cold weather, snow and ice storms in my neck of the woods, a family crisis that forced me into backing out of the London meet and, yes, a mild bout of apathy, I got back into the saddle yesterday and went on an outing at the mall yesterday. Here's the outfit I wore for said outing:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The brown motif for the outing, complete with the turtleneck and the Payless "Radar" boots came from having found that suede jacket in the back of a closet a few days ago, I had forgotten it was even there, and after rifling through the pockets, I found a bank deposit slip from April 2001, meaning it had been quite a while since I last wore it. After getting it cleaned, I decided to take it out on the town. All things considered, I thought it made for a good looking outfit, took some pictures then headed out to the mall. Unfortunately, a few neighbors were out at the time, so I had to pack the boots in my backpack and wore my sneakers to the mall and changed to the boots there.

Admittedly, I felt a bit nervous after arriving at the mall parking garage and needed a couple of minutes to collect myself and headed inside. The moment I left the car and heard the reassuring sound (for me anyway) of the heels clicking on the pavement and then the tile floors of the mall instantly made me better and my confidence returned in force, and it showed as I walked with a swagger in my step. The inseam of the jeans I wore (34 inches) allowed everyone a good view of the boots and their four inch heels as I wanted everyone to see them, and as usual, other than the usual double takes and whatnot, nothing really exciting happened. In a way, I almost found that disappointing.

However, that soon changed. After leaving the mall and driving over to a nearby Best Buy store to scope out the newest anime, a couple of teenage girls stopped me, they noticed the boots and one asked me why I was wearing women's boots, I simply shook my head and said, "These aren't women's boots, they're my boots. Do you like them?" The girl who asked the question didn't answer (dumbfounded I guess), but her friend said they were "kinda cool". They both giggled then walked off. I chuckled at the little exchange, it felt good that I remembered the stock answers I always kept handy for situations like that. All in all, it was a good outing after two months away from the passion.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Jeff, that outfit is great. You look good. The jacket is beautiful and I like the way you color coordinated the jacket with the shirt beneath it. The belt details, like the silver buckle and the holes, are also nice. I love the jeans and it almost looks like they have crease from being pressed? Good job.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

As always, VERY well done! I always enjoy seeing what combinations you come up with for your outings. I guess what they say is true......once you get the passion, it never really does go away.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

kneehighs: Thanks for the compliments. Once, I never much liked wearing brown, thought it was too drab, now I've warmed up to the color, and the "Radar" boots gives me an excuse to wear brown more and more. Regarding the belt, I bought that at an Army-Navy store as I couldn't find anything I liked in a traditional store. I think cops wear belts similar to what I bought. As for the jeans, yes, they were indeed pressed to get that crease in front. Flared jeans like what you see in that pic are so much fun to wear with heels, especially when they're good and snug on my ass! Heh! Elegant & Shockqueen: Thanks to you as well for your kind words. I appreciate them!

Thanks, everyone! Everything's cool on the family front! And yeah, that brown jacket will most definitely be part of my rotation. Heh!

Nice jacket Jeff man! It's always great finding a clothing item you haven't worn in ages, trying it on and realising it still looks stylish. I always enjoy reading your adventures. Glad to see you, as you say "back in the saddle".

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005