Less comfortable to walk in flats?

thedesigner

A few years ago I started getting a pain in my right leg. Kinda starting around the knee and going up and down a bit in my leg.

Went to a chiropractor and his treatment seemed to help.

I have been wearing heels at home for over 30 years and in the last 3 or 4 years wearing them out and about often. During the last year or so, I have been wearing my heels whole lot more. Many times I realize I have only been wearing heels for a week or more.

Now to the point.......

The pain in my leg as pretty much gone away. But I find when I where my Guy Western Boots for a day, the pain comes back. These boots have 2 1/4" heels. When I wear 3 1/2" or 4" for a while, the pain is gone again.

So I guess, YES. For me easier to go from lower to higher, then Higher to Lower.

Gary0618

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

• 5 years later...

As for me I am still working on that one. About a month back I was getting that pain in the front of my ankle joint when I went flat so I tried to go flat as much as I could to get that part of the joint worked in. Now I do have my range of motion back and plan to keep it. There are a few articles here where some say their goal is to go permanently high heel and not to be able to go flat but for me my desire is to get into ballet heels all day and back to flats if I should so desire.

• 2 months later...

Heels are less painful on my feet than flats. I even put a heel lift in running shoes. I told my aunt about my very high arched feet and she said that women would kill to have your feet. She said if your feet hurt, you should wear high heels. I said I do sometimes. My parents were in the room at the time and were shocked. I told them that I like fashion so much that I have no hangups.

Heels are less painful on my feet than flats. I even put a heel lift in running shoes. I told my aunt about my very high arched feet and she said that women would kill to have your feet. She said if your feet hurt, you should wear high heels. I said I do sometimes. My parents were in the room at the time and were shocked. I told them that I like fashion so much that I have no hangups.

Great attitude! I myself have high arched feet and I can feel that I don't walk as well in flats.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Nearly all shoes have heels of some sort, it's the way the foot works. Without footware we would still walk on our toes to some extent depending on the variation in our foot shape. Are we saying that flat shoes are like no shoes, because there is no support? I have become accustomed to very high heels and this exaggerates the discomfort of having no support. The only thing that dictates the height of my heels is the terrain that I have to traverse. My preference would be for a very well fitting shoe with a strong heel of around 6.5 inches, with the half inch also in sole thickness. Anything less than this causes increasing discomfort in many different places. I would also add that I have tried heels of about 3 inches high and found them a nuicance or incumberance. I felt silly in them but more comfortable than flats.

You won't get me wearing flat shoes...I really can't do it.

Flats? Less comfortable? Not at all, at least not to me. If anything, I find flats to be a nice change of pace from heels. I currently have a cute pair of flats with a 1 1/2 wedge heel from Payless that I just love!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I have no problem going back and forth, I wear flats and heels every day. I also wear sneakers a lot as I play a lot of golf and heels just don't work so well. It is not benificial to only wear heels or only wear flats. I know plenty of women who only wear flats and as such have fallen arches. "Womens" flats tend to have no arch support where as "mens" flats usually do. Sneakers almost always have some arch support and are rarely flat throughout the foot bed.

I have to wear riding boots to work and they actually make me feel seasick.

Sure it's not the horses movement under you and not the boots? :)

Al

Are flats more comfortable? I have stated many times that I have a very high arch and higher heeled shoes are more comfortable on my feet. But when I do wear flats, it's not like they are uncomfortable, it's just a different feeling on my feet.