hurting feet

cmoore0

Question

What does every one do when they have had a long day on their feet to releive the pain? How often does this happen? What circumstance are you in? Does your man help relieve the pain or is he one that wants you to show agony in the heels? Is there ever a point where you think you can no longer be a heeler or may have to go down an inch or two in height?

8 answers to this question

For me it's the burning pain in the ball of the feet. AWFUL! I need to get these Scholl Party Feet gel cushions soon, before the spring kicks in and my ankle boots are of no use...

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

What does every one do when they have had a long day on their feet to releive the pain? How often does this happen? What circumstance are you in? Does your man help relieve the pain or is he one that wants you to show agony in the heels? Is there ever a point where you think you can no longer be a heeler or may have to go down an inch or two in height?

Hi there, CMoore0, and welcome to the forum.;):smile:

In view of some of the persistant medical questions that keep coming up, I really do think we need a forum that specifically addresses questions such as yours.:o One thing is for sure, heels ain't for sissies or the faint of heart.

Heels are notorious for creating some classic problems: pain in the feet; pain in the legs; pain in the hips and lower back. The specific type of pain you are experiencing is directly dependent upon a number of factors, including your: age, weight, height of heel you are wearing, type of heels you are wearing, amount of experience you have wearing heels, and the lenght of time you've been wearing heels when the pain struck.

In general, the lower the heels the less pain you are likely to experience. In like manner, the longer you have worn heels the lower the incidence of pain. Also, did you gradually work your way up to a high heel over a period of 3 or 4 years, or did you simply jump into a pair of 4" stilettoes for an 8 hour session on your feet? If you did not slowly work your way up to the higher altitudes, by all means, consider going down an inch or two. 3" and 4" stilettoes are not for novices, and certainly not for long periods on your feet. If you are required to be on your feet for long periods, consider lower heels and non-stilettoes (wedgies) if possible. Otherwise, stay off your feet as much as possible. Do not continue to wear high heels for long periods thinking things will get better - they won't!

Your best bet for foot pain relief after a long period on your feet is a hot soak (either just for your feet or for your whole body). Some people take pain relievers - asprin is generally a good choice. Alcohol has very limited pain relieving qualities and I do not recommend it. You might also want to consider some topical ointments such as Icy Hot.

I hope this helps, but this is for informational purposes only and is not to be taken as medical advice. For specific medical questions you need to consult your physician. Best of luck to you.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Good advice on foot pain: work upward gradually, aspirin as needed, no alcohol. Alcohol makes me retain water, which in turn makes my feet larger, shoes smaller, pain more... vicious cycle. Those gel pads mentioned earlier really help to cushion your step.

Good advice on foot pain: work upward gradually, aspirin as needed, no alcohol. Alcohol makes me retain water, which in turn makes my feet larger, shoes smaller, pain more... vicious cycle. Those gel pads mentioned earlier really help to cushion your step.

Hi there Ladielizzy, and welcome to the forum. ;):smile:

Most of what I'm saying is just a little common sense. The main problem is that common sense ain't too common these days. But the simple fact is that I have 'til yet to hear of someone being born wearing heels. Therefore I must conclude that, much like riding a bicycle, it's a matter that must be learned. So to my mind, take it easy and learn how to walk in the lower heels before you try out the skyscrapers is just good sense.

Now my question to you is: Do we need a medical forum :o to discuss these problems?

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

What circumstances are each of you in that cause the aching feet? Is it being a department store worker? Waitress? Taking tickets some where? Are you at a dance, on a date, etc? Do share the details! Also when have you had to take relief at work? What have people said about you having your heels off? When guys and gals have you seen others with aching feet, possibly taking relief, and what have you said to them or have you only ignored it?

Same response as in another thread: Work up in height slowly. If there's pain, back down until there's none. Stay there for a few days. Don't overextend yourself. Pain is your body's way of saying "STOP IT!" Don't ignore it. Work around it.