BBC Programme "Obsessions"

Smudgeur

Did anyone else see the programme "Obsessions" on BBC1 (UK) last night(Thursday)? It featured a Chinese guy who was obsessed with high heel shoes. Not a particularly flattering piece as it also reported that he had got RSI from masturbating and ended with him wanting to have surgery to become a woman. My wife was a bit disturbed by it (she knows about me liking to wear heels) so I think I'd better lie low for a while!

Nope haven’t seen it. There was a program on the other day that was about fetishes, I think is on the Discovery channel. There the explained how the thought you could a shoe fetish. They said when you where very young and you where rewarded some time, and at that moment you saw some shoes, your brain immediately associates nice things of being rewarded with shoes and your fetish is borne. An other thins they said on that show was that shoe/foot fetishes where probably most common in the world, and many people have them in some degree.

Nope haven’t seen it.

There was a program on the other day that was about fetishes, I think is on the Discovery channel. There the explained how the thought you could a shoe fetish. They said when you where very young and you where rewarded some time, and at that moment you saw some shoes, your brain immediately associates nice things of being rewarded with shoes and your fetish is borne.

An other thins they said on that show was that shoe/foot fetishes where probably most common in the world, and many people have them in some degree.

Some kind of Pavlovian response? Hmmm... makes somewhat sense, but why would then many people have them to some degree? Perhaps because when you are a kid, you are small and closer to other people's feet :smile:

But then, why would the heels have any importance?... it at lease doesn't explain it all.

I'm still waiting for a miraculously simple answer for one of the most complex things in my life ... :grin:

Bert

What's all the fuss about?

Bert, you don't need answers to all questions in life, sometimes it is just as fun and rewarding just enjoying things without knowing any backgrounds about it.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Bert, you don't need answers to all questions in life, sometimes it is just as fun and rewarding just enjoying things without knowing any backgrounds about it.

You're probably right, but it's perhaps my engineering background, the corporate culture I work in, a no-bullshit wife and the facts-based scandinavian society around me that makes me think that everything must be explained....

My attitude is probably wrong, as in the developed world everything that is not proven harmful is allowed...

On the other hand, I like to know how things work, but the human brain is perhaps a bit out of my league :smile:

Bert

What's all the fuss about?

Hey Bert! Why excogitate over the reasons? I've given up trying to figure it out. My thinking now is: when it's inevitable, relax and enjoy it. :smile:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.