Are these repairable?

I have a pair of Fuss (http://www.fuss-schuhe.de/) thick heeled pumps that are worn on the inside toe. The sole has worn down to the leather but not the leather itself and is about 1 1/4 inches laterally along the edge. I love these pumps albeit starting to show signs of age, worn heeltaps and being slightly too big so am loathed to throw them out.

So can one of our shoecare experts ie Dr Shoe amongst other forum members be able to give us an opinion if they are repairable - I would prefer if the soles can be kept thin rather than be thick thus changing the look of the shoe (can the affected area be mended rather than the sole - as shoes are only worn indoors).

Also if they can be mended can one tell me if there is anywhere - like an online cobbler than i could get to undertake the repair for me (Should one exist and be UK based). I am not comfortable taking these to my local shoe repairer in person - they will clock on pretty quick they are mine due to their size!!

Below is a picture of the shoes for reference and also the affected area needing repair.

Thanks!!

Barney

Posted Image

Posted Image

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

I was going to pass on this one, but upon further consideration I've decided to stick in my 2 cents' worth. However, I hasten to point out that there is a huge difference between a leather crafter and a cobbler. So this one is really begging for Dr. Shoe's input. Still, IMHO the shoes can be repaired. They will probably need to be re-soled (or perhaps half-soled) and a good cobbler should be able to save the shoes. But you will probably need a master cobbler for the job.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I agree, A good high-class cobbler will have those fixed in a trice. He will probably resole them. I have a pair identical BTW...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I had a pair of those to, a bit small so I sold them. Been unable to afford a new pair, but I like the quality for the price.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

• 2 weeks later...