Socks or what?

vee6

I have found this thread to be quite interesting and have often wondered what the styles that fellow heelers enjoy. I guess I prefer barefoot myself, but often defer to what my overall outfit or the season demands- mainly by following what the rules are for women in the same situation. It may not be the best way to go, but let's face it- the fashion etiquite for wearing heels are set by women since they are the major market for such footware. If I am wearing dressy clothes or it is winter, bare feet just don't look as "polished." So, I will either ware pantyhose or kneehighs. Stockings or thigh highs have never been that comfortable for me, so I usually don't go that route. If I am wearing jeans or something more casual, I will almost always go barefoot, but on occasion will opt for very sheer kneehighs. Especially if I think they will add something to the overall look. Of course, sandals require bare feet, though I have seen on rare occasion how very nice leg ware can enhance sandals, but only very dressy high sandals. My opinion of trouser socks is that they really don't work for pumps or dressy heels. They are nice for loafers, block heels, etc, and with nice trousers. And for me....never men's socks with "women's" shoes.

Style is built from the ground up!

• 2 weeks later...

Always black pantyhose or bare feet, never socks. It depends on the type of heels I wear. When I'm wearing boots, I always wear pantyhose. Sandals and other types of heels can go with pantyhose or bare feet. I don't like to wear socks with heels. Pantyhose look and feel much better than socks. I especially love how they feel on my feet and soles, it's much better than socks.

barefoot, as with socks I need a bigger size...

Why don't you try a pantyhose or some other types of hosiery? They are much thinner than socks and they also feel much better on the feet than socks.

My problem is the same as many other guys have. The feet are big and the shoe sizes are small:mecry: Hence barefoot is my first choice. No problem with sandalettes or boots made from a smooth and breathing true leather. Searching for heels in shoe shops I usually pull on a nylon pantyhose. It's looking nicer when trying the shoes on, it's more hygienic and it's easier to enter pull-on-boots. Only in two pairs of bigsized manmade material boots I'm wearing sometimes male socks or even thick wool socks. As protection against sweating feet or the coldness in the deep winter. After one day of wearing they are ripe for the washing machine. Obviously the industry has still problems with creating breathing synthetic materials. There is still another problem: on very high heels the pressure on the footballs is no pleasure. Therefore I'm wearing often inlay soles. But narrow boots combined with insoles and additional socks: that's simply too much (*ouch*) My summary: barefoot or pantyhoses! Socks only for manmade materials or sneakers.

The best fashion is your own fashion!

i rather use pantyhose, nylons, stockings and bare feet, actually even when i'm wearing men shoes i also wear stockings, as i still don't use high heels in public daylight, i wear long legged jeans, so it doesn't notice. over here people are still a bit narrow minded, the only people that now about my cravings are my wife, my business partner, and a very dear friend in common, so after the rest of our workmates leave i do wear my heels, and get to my car on them, thought it's usually dark already and it isn't a very busy spot where our office.

• 2 weeks later...

I rarely wear mens socks these days, the only time is anklets with sandshoes. To work, I wear mens shoes, with black trouser socks or black knee highs with the occasional black panty hose. Whilst wearing heels, bare foot, knee highs or stockings depending on the shoe and outfit.

When I wear heels, I like to wear either very dark black hose 40Den or higher, or small fishnet ankle socks :-)

Smile and the whole world smiles with you, Fart and your on your own!!!