Socks or what?

vee6

Hi, I am intersted to know what men like to wear with their heels, do you just wear mens cotton socks or do you prefer to wear womens knee high's, stockings, tights(pantyhose), or bare feet, does it depend on the type of heels, boots or courts? do you consider the colour of the garments with relation to your other clothing and foot wear? maybe you use fake tan for bare feet?, weather in the closet or in public. Look forward to your comments. V

I only wear boots out under pants currently at the moment so I usually just wear socks. Things is that way your feet aren't seen anyhow so it doesn't really matter what you wear. However, depending on the fit of the boot sometimes you are forced to wear kneehighs because a thick sock and the boot won't fit together sometimes. I have worn kneehighs and find the fit better.

Depending on the color of shoe I'm wearing, usually black in public, I wear black thin dress mens socks or if I'm wearing a tan shoe in public, I go bare foot with powder. Around the house, I always go barefoot because I like to feel the shoe rapped around my foot like a soft leather glove.

real men wear heels

I wear “women’s” shoes all the time, from 2.5in heels to flats. I mostly wear knee highs, tights but full stockings, very occasionally. Colour, opaque or 15-denier and during the warmer months, none at all, it all depends on where I’m going and what I’m doing.

Hi all, Like others, I sometimes wear socks with boots since the foot isn't seen, but I don't do so happily; I hate socks, especially men's socks, they tend to be too thick. I like opaque tights and knee-highs. I've recently bought several pairs of tights by Falke. 70 denier and in several colours with a nice sheen to them. Really comfortable to wear. As the weather warms up it's going to be sheer tights or ankle-highs, or barefoot. Incidentally, has anyone tried over-the-knee socks? They're available in lots of colours and look nice and thin. If I'm wearing sandals, then it's defininetely barefoot. All best wishes, Tosca

Still rainin' still dreamin'

lol No I agree, when I see a girl with Knee socks and shoes I think it's cute too, hard to look away sometimes. I guess it's that schoolgirl look. I myself just wear white or black socks that just cut off at my ankles, I hate tall ones that slip down and bunch up. But I have been thinking about trying knee highs or tights.

I really would prefer to be barefeet as hose do make the look a bit more "girly", but it depends on the shoe. The black pumps I wore in London looks stupid with white bare feet, so I use ankle or knehigh nylons with those. I don't like mens socks in pumps, but that's just me.

Also, more often than not, men's socks in pumps won't fit right. Pumps fit snugly, and sometimes even men's thin dress socks are too thick for them. I wear thigh highs with my pumps.

Why should girls have all the fun? :P

I have found that very thin mens dress socks work fine for me in pumps, boots or what ever espically when I'm shopping for heels and trying them on in the store. I don't want the person waiting on me thinking I'm into cross dressing and am just into a different fassion of shoes so I wear mens thin dress socks. like everyone else, thats just me.

real men wear heels

An excellent question, V!

Nine times out of ten, I'm a barefoot guy. There's just something about the feel of a smooth, gracefully curved insole under a bare foot! That feel, in fact, is a major part of my attraction to high heels - and it always has been. I will, however, occasionally wear socks (typically beige or dark brown) because, in my opinion, some socks and some shoes just naturally go, and look great, together.

Like these, for example...

Posted Image

But, be it boots, sandals or slip-ons, barefootin' is definitely my favorite way to heel...

Posted Image

'cause it just feels soooo darn good! ;)

Usually women's "Trouser socks" - Target stores has some good ones. Sometimes thin men's over the calf socks - Same that I wear with my more business like men's italian loafers.

DITTO for me. I am even able to find good trouser socks at some $1 stores. So it's pretty much that or pantyhose if the weather is cold.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Almost always pantyhoses, but sometimes I like to go with the stockings with garters feel. Regular socks with heels gives a odd look and feel for me, but that is just me.

I have the same feelings every time or I wear women's trouser socks with pantyhose.

For me, it's hosiery all the way, either knee-highs or pantyhose. Socks, even the very thinnest ones can be overly bulky and just don't look or feel right to me when I'm wearing heels as compared to hosiery.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I mostly wear pumps, and i wear them barefoot. I have been meaning to go get some of those ladies' pom pom socks, with the little ball on the back of them. They look so beautiful in a great pair of pumps, especially if the colors coordinate. Like a white pair of pom pom's with a pink ball, inside a black/white/blue/yellow/red pair of pumps. Looks very pretty! ;) I wanna find some white pom pom's with a GREEN ball later today, so i can wear them with my new white pumps i found in a desert lot. Why, you ask.. Because Saturday is ST. PATTY'S DAY!!!!!!!!!!! And yes, I am Irish. :o

I mostly wear knee-highs, though I am guilty of wearing women's microfiber no-show socks on occasion. Very rarely do I go bare-legged, not counting excursions in sandals.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Me too. I never go bare-legged. It just feels nicer to wear pumps with hosiery. ;) I might go find some opaque ones though, they have a much more muted and discreet appearance than sheer stockings. Although I really love the sheer ones. Just might go for opaque ones for a discreet look when out.

Why should girls have all the fun? :P

Me too. I never go bare-legged. It just feels nicer to wear pumps with hosiery. ;) I might go find some opaque ones though, they have a much more muted and discreet appearance than sheer stockings. Although I really love the sheer ones. Just might go for opaque ones for a discreet look when out.

Yes, opaques work well for maintaining a "barely there" feel.

Posted Image

One would be hard-pressed to know that I had knee-highs on.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Ugh - never barefoot - too smelly and unhealthy. Always nylon tights, pantyhose, knee highs, or socks, even with men's shoes. They now have have nylons for guys, which fit much better than women's hose and last a lot longer. Although they're more expensive by a little bit, the cost per wearing is lots less because of their durability. In the US, check out www.lexwear.com and www.comfilon.com . In Canada, www.shapings.com ; and in Europe and UK: www.legwear4men.com and www.hosieria.de , among others.

If the hosiery biz can make nylons for men, why can't the shoe biz make high heels for men?

GWL

Ugh - never barefoot - too smelly and unhealthy.

GWL

Yeah, I guess so, if you're dealing with dirty shoes and dirty feet to begin with!

You are most certainly entitled to your opinion, but personally, I, as an avowed barefooter, don't necessarily appreciate that characterization. Especially considering the fact that I always make sure my feet and shoes are spotlessly clean (and dry), prior to, and after each wearing.

Fact is, under certain conditions, nylons, tights or socks can be just as smelly and / or unhealthy as bare feet, if not more so!

I wear mens black ankle socks or womens lycra trouser socks. Since I'm size 7, 40/41, both are easy to find in the right size. There's more choice in the thinner type cotton/lycra ladies ones but I don't make a big deal over whether they are mens or womens - just whatever is the type I like on offer and the best value. It's quite good because I can walk into any shop and immediately have double the choice of the 90% of the population who are constrained to shop one side of the iline or the other. It depends on the boots as well. The fit of some require the thinner lycra sock while others are better with coarser ones. I don't go bare foot as it is too sweaty unless the boots or trainers have a very good fabric lining.