would you wear these?

pumpedup

I guess a homeless woman (or maybe a guy who is into heels like we on this website are) had just strewn their clothes all over a desert lot near my house. In the pile, are two noticibly white pumps. Not sure what the size is, but i am just curious. I was THINKING of picking one up and seeing what the size is, and if they are 8.5(US) or above, i'd just take them home. I am not sure of the condition of them, as i saw them kinda in the dark last night. Would anyone here do the same? The same goes for alley-hootin (a slang term here in the US that means, "garbage picker" or "dumpster diver".) If you saw a bunch of pumps, or even one pair, that looked somewhat in good condition, would you take them home? I not only have a thing for WEARING pumps, but i've always admired them enough to buy them in sizes that were TOO small for my feet. I've bought some size 5(US) before, because they looked so beautiful! So even though those white pumps in the desert lot that i talked about may be too small, i might still take them home, IF they are in good condition.

I saw a pile of high heeled boots dumped by the side of the road near southend once. There were about 10-15 pairs and they all appeared to be new. On closer inspection it seemed that they were all odd sizes and I couldn't find a matching pair in anything like my size. I was wondering whether it was a Candid Camera kind of stunt or an experiment to see who would stop and go through them!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

It's always worth picking up a reaosnable discarded pair even if they are not your size. You can sell them on or give them to someone on the board or at a heel meet. Some people are embarrassed to aquire them by normal means and so might be glad of your find.

It's always worth picking up a reaosnable discarded pair even if they are not your size. You can sell them on or give them to someone on the board or at a heel meet.

Some people are embarrassed to aquire them by normal means and so might be glad of your find.

well I went and grabbed them. They are Nine West, size 9 pumps, from the 1980's. I can tell because they have the classic "9west" logo on the insole. They've been there for a week, so i say, why not?

I've got to clean them, and i'll have to take a pic of them to show on here.

Me? Nope. I don't know whose feet have been in them, which I'm sure some people here would like but no thank you. I have only ever bought 2nd hand shoes once and that's my New Rocks, and that's because they were £130 new and I got them for £60 (hardly worn). You often see single discarded shoes in the street (normally I see battered old trainers and engineers' boots but your experience might be different). I heard a radio interview with a paramedic a while ago - apparantly, these single shoes get there when paramedics are sent out to collect drunk/drugged people who are rude and abusive to them. As a calm and non-offensive from of revenge, the paramedics often remove a shoe and leave it behind so that when the person wakes up in hospital they are missing a shoe and have to get home with only the one they still have. Be nice to paramedics!

If you are too open-minded your brains will fall out.

They're in better shape than I expected from your description of their location. They are my favorite cut for a sexy comfort pump so I probably would have tried them also.I may have treated them with some foot spray but then again they were exposed to the weather long enough to neutralize any creepy-crawlies.

It'd depend on circumstances, I have bought second hand shoes before but only ones that are in very good condition. If they look like they're in good nick and clean maybe I would. Good find though, it doesn't matter if I'd wear them or not... Chris

i know. it's amazing what you will find, out of the blue, in a desert lot. Maybe i should go searching through other desert lots. Maybe i'll find some more! Whoever left those pumps there, they knew that someone would grab them. There were clothes there, too, but the pumps stuck out! The insole was rather clean! The suede part of the insole was a bit soiled, but of course that's form wear. The bottom of the pumps are black and don't look too scuffed. It looks like the person who owned them didn't wear them much. BUT I WILL! haha

i know. it's amazing what you will find, out of the blue, in a desert lot. Maybe i should go searching through other desert lots. Maybe i'll find some more! Whoever left those pumps there, they knew that someone would grab them. There were clothes there, too, but the pumps stuck out!

The insole was rather clean! The suede part of the insole was a bit soiled, but of course that's form wear. The bottom of the pumps are black and don't look too scuffed. It looks like the person who owned them didn't wear them much. BUT I WILL! haha

:nervous:I would be tempted, have a good look, and if they were clean and in good "nick", yes I would take them.

I often buy from our Charity Shops, but the ones I like seem to appear in very good conditiion, so I try them on and buy.

It looks as if you just got lucky today.

I have to go out soon so I shal call into T MAX, they have some classy stuff there and my partner is out today, so I'll go try some shoes on, who knows.;)

Muddypaws

I wouldn't wear them myself. They are very nice though, quite a moderate style. I like the story about paramedics, Stormie. I know a guy who has worked as a paramedic. I'll see if he will admit that goes on!

Me? Nope. I don't know whose feet have been in them, which I'm sure some people here would like but no thank you. I have only ever bought 2nd hand shoes once and that's my New Rocks, and that's because they were £130 new and I got them for £60 (hardly worn).

You often see single discarded shoes in the street (normally I see battered old trainers and engineers' boots but your experience might be different). I heard a radio interview with a paramedic a while ago - apparantly, these single shoes get there when paramedics are sent out to collect drunk/drugged people who are rude and abusive to them. As a calm and non-offensive from of revenge, the paramedics often remove a shoe and leave it behind so that when the person wakes up in hospital they are missing a shoe and have to get home with only the one they still have. Be nice to paramedics!

Hey, that's RIGHT! When you see a pair of shoes on the street or in a thrift store, you have no way of knowing whose feet were in them. They might have been worn by Mik Jagger, Elton John, one of the Beatles, Godzilla, or King Kong! And suppose the last owner had one of those horrible diseases that eat the flesh right off ya?:o

As for me, I'll take my chances. If I find a pair of shoes that look interesting to me, I take 'em home. When I have time I'll clean 'em up and try 'em on - or toss them - as the case may be. Around here there is literally no telling just what you'll be able to find in someone's garbage can - including money.;)

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Hey, that's RIGHT! When you see a pair of shoes on the street or in a thrift store, you have no way of knowing whose feet were in them. They might have been worn by Mik Jagger, Elton John, one of the Beatles, Godzilla, or King Kong! And suppose the last owner had one of those horrible diseases that eat the flesh right off ya?:o

As for me, I'll take my chances. If I find a pair of shoes that look interesting to me, I take 'em home. When I have time I'll clean 'em up and try 'em on - or toss them - as the case may be. Around here there is literally no telling just what you'll be able to find in someone's garbage can - including money.;)

I used a cleaner with an anti-bacterial agent. Plus, the shoes look very clean and hot. I took my chances. I feel the worst i could face was a bad case of athletes foot. What a find!

OK, I admit... I'm a bit of a dumpster diver. I did strike pyrite once - found this STUNNING pair of black heels, open-toed, funnel-ish heel, brand name rubbed out. Thought they could fit me.... size 12. narrow. ;)

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde