UK lunch time meet (Reading)

vee6

Sorry I couldn't make this meet. I was working nights all weekend hence my days were for sleeping and catching up on things. Glad you all had a good time and I will try and make the next one. Regarding boots - yes, the only places I've seen boots in London today were in charity shops. Primark and Clarks had no boots in sight - not that I was looking mind.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

An addendum to my report

The footwear we were wearing at the heelmeet was:-

Xaphod - black, block-heeled boots. The heels looked about 3½ inches high.

They were quite noticable and a few puzzled stares and double-takes were seen on the faces of other shoppers. Excellent!

I'll leave Xaphod to add the technical details (make, size, etc.)

Calv - black wedge-heel boots. About 2 inches high I would guess.

Again, Calv can give you the full specifications.

Myself - initially I was in trainers (or sneakers to you USA folk!) :smile:

After arriving at the main shopping centre, I changed into these for a while -

Posted Image

I was wearing longish black jeans which covered them up fairly well but the heels were still on show. I was nervous as hell for the first 15-20 minutes - this was my first time streetheeling in daylight. I can honestly say that I enjoyed it though & I wanna do it again ASAP!

Always High-Heel Responsibly

Oh oh oh oh! Lets have a Bluewater meet. I'm there everyday taking my wife to work, so I can easily pop along and met up with everyone, and maybe it'll be my first chance to wear heels outside in the cold, harsh light of day!

Yes, the ankle boots were bought in 1998 from one of the shops in Camden High St. They are 'Red Sun' brand, long since unobtainable, I'm afraid. I'm a bit particular about having boots of reasonable quality and that don't get too sweaty if worn all day, especially if the weather is becoming warmer. These are leather upper and leather lined. Even after walking around Reading all day, they were still cool, although, on taking them off, you could see that the lining had absorbed quite a lot of moisture. This is why shoes should be rested for a day or so before wearing them again, to allow them to dry out and not get stinky ! Xa

• 1 month later...

Oh oh oh oh!

Lets have a Bluewater meet. I'm there everyday taking my wife to work, so I can easily pop along and met up with everyone, and maybe it'll be my first chance to wear heels outside in the cold, harsh light of day!

Does anyone fancy a meet at Bluewater in the next couple of months? A day time when the kids are at school sounds best to me so maybe that's September? There's loads of shops to try on shoes!!

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

Does anyone fancy a meet at Bluewater in the next couple of months? A day time when the kids are at school sounds best to me so maybe that's September? There's loads of shops to try on shoes!!

loswabs -

Sounds good to me! How about Friday 21st or Friday 28th Sept?

I recommend you start a new thread about it to seperate it from the earlier Reading heelmeet.

Always High-Heel Responsibly

• 2 weeks later...